shape
carat
color
clarity

She said YES!!! Now a few questions insurance/appraisal?

boilerfan1509

Rough_Rock
She said YES!!!!

Now i have a few questions about insurance/resizing/appraisal...etc.

The ring was too big and will need resizing.

1. Should we resize BEFORE we get it appraised and insured (i am assuming no)?

2. Any recommended insurers (I think i got a Diamond Mutual with the ring, I have State Farm Car & Rental, any others i should at least get a quote from?)

3. Should we get an independent appraisal or just wherever we get it insured?

4. What is the best way to find an HONEST independent appraisal? (through here...i am assuming)?

5. Should i expect to pay for the appraisal.....if so, how much?

6. Anything else I should do or know about with the new ring?????

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock
Re: She said YES!!! Now a few questions insurance/appraisal

Yes - get it appraised and insured immediately. Where did you buy the ring? Many vendors send an appraisal along with the ring. If not, you can find one above under "Resources." I would then get it resized.

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

boilerfan1509|1312550715|2984756 said:

Yes - post hand shots!

slg47

Ideal_Rock

boilerfan1509 said:
She said YES!!!!

Now i have a few questions about insurance/resizing/appraisal...etc.

The ring was too big and will need resizing.

1. Should we resize BEFORE we get it appraised and insured (i am assuming no)?
no, get it insured first!

2. Any recommended insurers (I think i got a Diamond Mutual with the ring, I have State Farm Car & Rental, any others i should at least get a quote from?)
many people here use Jewelers Mutual-you can check with them

3. Should we get an independent appraisal or just wherever we get it insured?
it depends on what you want out of the appraisal. if you just want some documentation for insurance then wherever you get it insured would be fine. if you are looking for a more detailed document then i would research appraisers

4. What is the best way to find an HONEST independent appraisal? (through here...i am assuming)?
you can check PS recommendations or just check the web...make sure that the person does not sell jewelry and is not affiliated with a jeweler

5. Should i expect to pay for the appraisal.....if so, how much?
yes...typically around 150-200 although some basic appraisals are more like 75...it just depends on what you want out of the service

pics pics pics!/quote]

centralsquare

Ideal_Rock

slg47|1312555795|2984804 said:
many people here use Jewelers Mutual-you can check with them

I've used Jewelers Mutual and would recommend them. So easy to sign up. I never had to file a claim (thank goodness), so I can't speak to their processes in those situations, but for signing up and maintaining the policy...very easy.

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock

I would also check with Jewelers Mutual. I actually just had to file a claim through them, and it was a smooth process. The policy was also very affordable.

As far as the actual appraisal I had my original ring appraised by Richard Sherwood, and he did a wonderful job. I will be going back to him to appraise my new ring as well.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock

congrats! definitely get the ring insured before getting work done- that way if there is any damage or issues the ring is already insured.

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock

Another recommendation for Jeweler's Mutual. If you have other jewelry to insure, and you don't wear it, you can get a steep discount for storing it in a safety deposit box. You'll be allowed to take it out a certain number of times per year, as long as you notify them in advance.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results