shape
carat
color
clarity

She said yes! (But I need a resize now!)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

TSNARE

Rough_Rock
Thanks again to everyone on this board for your help. I am pleased to report that, after tonight, my gf is now officially my fiancee, and she absolutely loves the ring. I popped the question in the center of a crowded dining room at NY's Tavern on the Green restaurant. Everyone applauded loudly :))

Unfortunately, the ring is a bit big. It is currently a 5&1/4. It looks like we'll need it sized down to 5 or 4&3/4. The jeweller from whom I purchased is in Massachusetts, but I'm in NJ and NY for the next two weeks. Anybody have any recommendations (esp. in Manhattan) for someone trustworthy I can go to for the resize? Or are these metal ball things I've heard about a better option?

Oh, when I bought the ring the diamond was already set, and the jeweller had the ring resized from an original 5&3/4 size to its current 5&1/4 size. This resizing was done with the diamond in place, I believe. Could this have screwed up the diamond via heat exposure? :(( And if so, how would I be able to tell?

The ring is platinum.

DiamondOptics

Shiny_Rock
Hi Tsnare,

Congrats on your engagement!:love:

As for the ring size, those metal BB's
are only a temporary solution. But there is
a fellow by the name of kevin whom is an excellent
jewellry smith whom could help you resize in NY.
You could send me a PM and I will give you contact
info.

Diamonds are also very resistant to heat,
but if you have any real concerns, perhaps,
Rock Doc or Dave Atlas can address this issue.

Seasons Greetings!

Kirk

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Congratulations!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results