shape
carat
color
clarity

She’s finally here! WF ACA + Valoria!

MiniMinerva

Shiny_Rock
It’s perfect on you! Sooo classic and elegant. Plus I love your garden shots!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@MamaBee, thanks for all your help! And mine is definitely not huge and white next to Winter!! ;-)

@mochidiamonds Your diamond looks the same size as mine because you have such a small finger! I wear a 6.25 so Winter shrinks on mine...haha Your diamond looks icy white to me!

Chewy_321

Rough_Rock
Your ring is such a classic and looks gorgeous on you! Enjoy :)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It looks beautiful on you! Congrats on your new ring!

RunningwithScissors

Ideal_Rock
So very lovely! And I adore the classic solitaire setting you selected. A perfect package!

Enjoy!

GeorgieQ

Brilliant_Rock
Perfect in every way! Your new ring is a stunner and looks beautiful with your bands. :appl:

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
Thank you for the detailed information. I love the cathedral tapered look but not so much a fan of knife edge. I am a size 5.5 and i just feel like it made my fingers look chunky. One of the WF reps mentioned Valoria may be able to customize to get me to 2.3mm. I requested at least a 2. I would definitely go platinum my current e-ring is 18k and I can already tell a difference between it and 14K. I considered the Vatche but just feeling like it would be more of a gap between my rings and I like a closer fit. Your pictures are great and definitely have me more leaning towards the Valoria. And I will check out the prong orientation again. I think I do like the odd number orientation. But would not want it to interfere with arrows. Enjoy your new beauty!

@MY LOVE: thank you! I believe it’s standard in the 12/6 orientation, but the one they had in stock and sent me was in the 11/1 orientation and 14k. I would recommend specifying the prong orientation you prefer, just in case since they have two versions. Can’t wait to see your Valoria with a thicker shank, I think it’s going to look very nice! And will probably be the first Valoria with mods! :)

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
Wow!! They look great together! Can’t believe that band is from Costco. Great price. I tried my petite band again and it seems barely touching the base of the Valoria so I’ve tried wearing it today without a spacer or the Tiffany Elsa peretti band. Interestingly, when I bought it a few years ago, it was a WF petite band. Now when I click on it my email receipt, it’s now called the Valoria petite band.

I was mesmerized by my first OEC at 0.25 carats on a filigree ring. I’m slowly working my way up hahaha. This one is only 0.60 , more like a transitional cut I’d be setting as a 3 stone ring. Still finalizing plans with DK. I hope to own a decent size OEC or OMC/ antique cushion in the future... when I grow up hahaha. So much to learn about old cuts. It seems so much harder and need to see IRL as they’re all very individually unique. It seems much easier picking ACAs. Almost a no-brainer with ACAs.

Please post more pics!! And enjoy!!!

@Dmndsr4evr11 Wow, you had the matching band all along, the Valoria setting was meant for you! :) I can’t wait to see your 3 stone ring from DK! It’s going to be beautiful! Haha, I still have a lot of growing up to do still! ;-)

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Long story short, I started seriously diamond hunting 4 months ago for the perfect 2 carat near colorless diamond since my original diamond was a F. I ordered two virtual diamonds from a vendor to compare, a G and F. At this point I was spending hours and days trying to convince myself to get a G over a F for the bigger size.

I continued my search for the perfect diamond and eventually landed on the HCA calculator and PriceScope. After running a bunch of specs on the HCA calculator and reading a gazillion posts on PS, I came across Whiteflash’s ACA and their upgrade policy and decided to contact Whiteflash, but they didn’t have any inventory that matched due to x’mas approaching. My lovely SA, Michelle Adams, was so kind to tell me what she was expecting, a nice H, in their pipeline.

I was gravitated to the solitaire look from seeing all the beautiful solitaires on PS, but had just ordered a pave setting with the G diamond. So between deciding on what type of setting, having to return two diamonds and deciding whether I wanted go to the H for the bigger diameter, I visited Tiffany’s to try out solitaires and check out diamond sizes so I didn’t order the H ACA quite yet.

In the Tiffany showroom was a 2.33 ct. and a 2.34 ct. solitaire, this is when I figured out I wanted size over color. Gotta compromise somewhere. :)

Lucky, Michelle, recommended I place the diamond on hold while I resolved the return of the two other diamonds and decide on a setting as she is now here with me!

It was totally worth the wait!

I can’t thank everyone on PS enough for all your advice and help along the way, especially my Valoria sisters, @MamaBee and @Dmndsr4evr11 for posting all those gorgeous pics of your Valoria and @Mamajemmy for your suggestion on ordering the settings.
And last, but not least, my wonderful SA, Michelle Adams for all her patience especially with my setting decision which is another story for another time. Lol

Sorry, I guess I was rambling and my story is not so short.

Here she is, 2.34 H VVS2 in a platinum Valoria setting, size 4.75.
https://www.whiteflash.com/loose-diamonds/round-cut-loose-diamond-4345129.htm
F518D9BC-FEDD-4B71-8CF5-097408E120C0.jpeg 11D4DA01-8FFB-4AEE-9762-BD3109DF1C4A.jpeg 82EE31A8-8A2E-4516-B529-BDA5EC5379E2.jpeg 969CEDC2-3700-42DB-88EF-515F2E057F10.jpeg 6DB9EA95-9A50-4D17-8A76-196A70EE1C87.jpeg 3ABCB172-D9A7-444C-8232-5475BA4E9D48.jpeg A41D3F80-4D1F-46A2-BF2B-62E82A37CBF8.jpeg 063E7D52-B380-49C5-8BCB-43A18E7DFDC7.jpeg 371369D4-C676-4DA7-9C5E-29E840A8CFB6.jpeg 9ABFA34C-09CB-4F29-AA5D-C40CE2DA0938.jpeg 0B7B9C43-8E91-485A-80BC-3F92A144AC60.jpeg 25E33F5B-FAF8-4604-8775-587CF4DD5501.jpeg FDC9159A-4315-4694-AF7A-08861C473806.jpeg 9825233C-1314-4697-8B7E-C84AD5AC05BA.jpeg 8D03FC74-610C-4A83-8E81-F29EA131B227.jpeg

Perfect, classic, and transitional.... oh and did I mention beautifuL?? Love it with your bands!

kgizo

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous diamond! Looks perfect with your bands.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
@mochidiamonds, your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I am currently upgrading and will be going with the Valoria. I saw your notes about the specifications you had for your setting. I saw you asked for delicate prongs which I would want to do as well. The prongs on the examples on the WF site often look like huge blobs!

Did you specify prong type though? Yours look like they may be the petite claw. I just can't decide what style I prefer from the pictures. Do yours ever catch on anything?

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s gorgeous.

mochidiamonds

Rough_Rock
@mochidiamonds, your ring is absolutely gorgeous! I am currently upgrading and will be going with the Valoria. I saw your notes about the specifications you had for your setting. I saw you asked for delicate prongs which I would want to do as well. The prongs on the examples on the WF site often look like huge blobs!

Did you specify prong type though? Yours look like they may be the petite claw. I just can't decide what style I prefer from the pictures. Do yours ever catch on anything?
@Decision_Decisions:
Thank you! I just looked up my order and these are the notes that my SA made:

-make the prongs delicate without sacrificing durability
-Please ensure the prong orientation is at 12 and 6, as shown on website
-symmetrical spacing of the arrows relative to the ring setting/prongs as long as the inscription is not covered

I did send in a pic of @Dmndsr4evr11 ring from the top view and requested the claws to look like hers, but I also sent in @MamaBee side profile pic to show the curvature I wanted from the side. I’m not sure if this request mattered as the curvature was probably dictated by the diamond. Hope this helps you! Oh and no catching at all! Can’t wait to see hand pic of yours!! Good luck to you!

:)

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
@Decision_Decisions:
Thank you! I just looked up my order and these are the notes that my SA made:

-make the prongs delicate without sacrificing durability
-Please ensure the prong orientation is at 12 and 6, as shown on website
-symmetrical spacing of the arrows relative to the ring setting/prongs as long as the inscription is not covered

I did send in a pic of @Dmndsr4evr11 ring from the top view and requested the claws to look like hers, but I also sent in @MamaBee side profile pic to show the curvature I wanted from the side. I’m not sure if this request mattered as the curvature was probably dictated by the diamond. Hope this helps you! Oh and no catching at all! Can’t wait to see hand pic of yours!! Good luck to you!

:)

Thank you so much for this detail, it is really helpful. I can only hope that mine comes out as lovely as yours, MamaBee's and Dmndsr4evr11's!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
@Decision_Decisions My Valoria setting was supposed to be temporary. I bought it in 14k white gold the first time because I knew I was upgrading in a year. I just took it the way it was…When I purchased my last upgrade..something made me have it made in 18k white gold just in case it took me a while to get a custom setting done with David Klass. I really surprised myself by loving this setting so much. If I had to do it over again I would do the petite claw prongs like @Dmndsr4evr11 and @mochidiamonds..It will be a while before I change settings because I’m really loving the elegant simplicity of it. Most of my rings have petite claws so I will do that again. In the meantime my prongs don’t really bother me….I just enjoy that side view..and my ACA looks larger because of the slim shoulders.
I can’t wait to see yours!

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
@Decision_Decisions My Valoria setting was supposed to be temporary. I bought it in 14k white gold the first time because I knew I was upgrading in a year. I just took it the way it was…When I purchased my last upgrade..something made me have it made in 18k white gold just in case it took me a while to get a custom setting done with David Klass. I really surprised myself by loving this setting so much. If I had to do it over again I would do the petite claw prongs like @Dmndsr4evr11 and @mochidiamonds..It will be a while before I change settings because I’m really loving the elegant simplicity of it. Most of my rings have petite claws so I will do that again. In the meantime my prongs don’t really bother me….I just enjoy that side view..and my ACA looks larger because of the slim shoulders.
I can’t wait to see yours!

Thank you so much for weighing in. I actually sent my SA pictures of both your settings as examples (hope you don't mind) because I just slightly preferred the prongs on your first one to your reset. She said to her the first time it looked like petite claw & the current setting looked rounded. Would you agree with that? I really like how in your 11 & 1 orientation setting they prongs are tapered but not super pointy. They look so delicate.

I am so excited I can hardly wait! I'm trading in so they've already had my stone 2 weeks and my order is just getting placed. Going to be a long 3+ more weeks!

MamaBee

Super_Ideal_Rock
Thank you so much for weighing in. I actually sent my SA pictures of both your settings as examples (hope you don't mind) because I just slightly preferred the prongs on your first one to your reset. She said to her the first time it looked like petite claw & the current setting looked rounded. Would you agree with that? I really like how in your 11 & 1 orientation setting they prongs are tapered but not super pointy. They look so delicate.

I am so excited I can hardly wait! I'm trading in so they've already had my stone 2 weeks and my order is just getting placed. Going to be a long 3+ more weeks!

Yes..I would definitely agree with that. The previous setting had smaller prongs and slightly pointed. You could barely see them. My present one has more blobby ones…not bad..but definitely rounder and more noticeable.

Decision_Decisions

Shiny_Rock
Yes..I would definitely agree with that. The previous setting had smaller prongs and slightly pointed. You could barely see them. My present one has more blobby ones…not bad..but definitely rounder and more noticeable.

Thanks! Your stone is huge and absolutely amazing, so no one is noticing your prongs anyway (except me but that's just because I'm obsessing right now!)

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
So beautiful, enjoy!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results