shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing my OEC upgrade

plad25

Shiny_Rock
Congrats on the upgrade! It looks amazing and suits your hand and band so well. :love::love:

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
That's an M? come onnnnnnn.. you're pulling our legs right now.. seriously????? ..:-o:-o:-o that's a beast! what a magnificent stone.. wear it in great health!

bright ice

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful upgrade, M for Magnificent!

Sparkly2017

Rough_Rock
Wow! Perfect stone and setting. Cannot believe that is an M! Enjoy!!

P

PierreBear

The stone and the setting are perfection! I love the proportion on your slender hands. Enjoy your upgrade for many years to come!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you for all the nice comments! :kiss2:
All the credit goes to @ericad for finding this amazing stone at the Miami Antique Show, and putting up with ALL my neuroses and emails! And her bench's work on these prongs were so top notch! I feel like a super lucky girl

The stone is s a BEAUTIFUL M color, and I really only notice the warmth in certain light settings but I don't mind at all because the diamond just glows and throws amazing colors. @LLJsmom describes my love for OECs perfectly, it's just, the PRESENCE of them :love:

@Alex T thank you! the nail color is actually a primer by Essie called Millionails. I get a lot of gel manicures and after a while my nails get soft, and this primer is AMAZING at repairing them and giving them some TLC. I put two layers on

@diamondseeker2006 I have such a soft spot for 8 prongs, I think it makes the diamond look a little bigger too, ha! I do love the Casablanca but I really felt the itch to go back to the solitaire, and after being so used to the extra mm with a halo, I decided to go for the upgrade. I'm totally with you about having a hard time narrowing down to one ring style! I DROOL over your antique asscher CvB!

Here are the requested profile pics, and a pic that tries to show more of the faceting after it got a good cleaning today :roll2:

IMG_6110.JPG

IMG_6111.JPG

FullSizeRender.jpg

IMG_6108.JPG

IMG_6112.JPG

P

PierreBear

I came back to look at the pictures again! Gorgeous! Do you mind sharing your ring size and thinness of the shank? Still loving the proportions!

Ally T

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful, beautiful profile. Absolutely delicious! And I still can't believe this is an M?!!!??!!!

Thanks re the nail polish. My nails were ruined about 20 years ago with gel extensions, and I'm now a fan of short, clean looking nails, so anything that will help improve strength in the process is a bonus - I've just ordered some of this from Essie :wavey:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
@blingmeupscotty lol! Yes it is! AGS even said so :mrgreen2: Trust @ericad to hunt down some amazing finds, she never disappoints! :appl:

@PierreBear Thank you, thank you! I honestly don't know the shank width, I think it's 1.8mm? It has a knife edge finish as well, so does appear thinner. My wedding band is somewhere between 1.8mm and 2mm. The ring is a size 6, but my finger size is probably closer to a 5.5. Ring spins constantly but I like my rings a little looser.

@Alex T anytime! I hope it works for your nails! I'm so glad I found it, and I love Essie products. As soon as I take off (more like pick off) the gel polish, I clean up my nails and cuticles, put the primer on, and every few days will put on a fresh coat until I'm ready to get a new gel manicure. It dries really fast too!

I love her, even in crappy yellow kitchen lighting:
FullSizeRender.jpg

lknvrb4

Ideal_Rock
I love it!

Matthews1127

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@blingmeupscotty lol! Yes it is! AGS even said so :mrgreen2: Trust @ericad to hunt down some amazing finds, she never disappoints! :appl:

@PierreBear Thank you, thank you! I honestly don't know the shank width, I think it's 1.8mm? It has a knife edge finish as well, so does appear thinner. My wedding band is somewhere between 1.8mm and 2mm. The ring is a size 6, but my finger size is probably closer to a 5.5. Ring spins constantly but I like my rings a little looser.

@Alex T anytime! I hope it works for your nails! I'm so glad I found it, and I love Essie products. As soon as I take off (more like pick off) the gel polish, I clean up my nails and cuticles, put the primer on, and every few days will put on a fresh coat until I'm ready to get a new gel manicure. It dries really fast too!

I love her, even in crappy yellow kitchen lighting:
FullSizeRender.jpg
She's amazing!!!
So...ummm...a size 6, huh?? Well, I'M a size 6 (5.5-5.75-I wear mine loose, too). If you ever decide to go against your commitment to your hubby & upgrade ONCE MORE, I'd be happy to take her off your hands (HA! Get it? ;)2). She's stunning, and the perfect size for your dainty finger!! I love OEC's!! They are my absolute favorite Round shaped diamonds! Congratulations on your "final" ring! The setting is breathtaking in its simplicity, and just cradles your stone so well. Perfect combo!! Wear it in good health!!! :lol-2:

doberman

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring, beautiful hands. Enjoy!

Bordeaux

Rough_Rock
WOW what a knockout stone and setting! :love: Your original Casablanca is one of my all time favorite rings but I totally see why you made the switch! The finger coverage is just incredible. Congratulations!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just beautiful! I cant get over how 'white' Ms are! Congrats!

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your stone is really beautiful. I bet you can't stop staring at it! Enjoy.

apacherose

Brilliant_Rock
Sooooo beautiful! I believe I have honestly loved every one of your rings, and this one is no different! Just a beautiful diamond and that setting divine. The perfect combination and looks fabulous on you. Congratulations!

junebug17

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's spectacular!!! :love::love::love: Love everything about this gorgeous ring - amazing stone and I LOVE the Julia so much:appl:

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you everyone for such nice comments, you all are so wonderful ::)

You all have such beautiful rings too! I'm usually just lurking nowadays, grazing the boards, and can go months at a time without being on. I've been able to catch up a bit, and you all have EXQUISITE taste in diamonds and rings, they are all so stunning, I am lucky to be in such great company!

@apacherose I have had a LOT of rings in the course of my diamond obsession, I'm super indecisive and I'm super duper hoping this ring holds me over for a long, long time. Tomorrow I am actually going to EB Horn in Boston to get an antique ring looked at for prong repair, and I have to control myself to avoid looking at any potential resets, I can already feel the struggle!

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
She's amazing!!!
So...ummm...a size 6, huh?? Well, I'M a size 6 (5.5-5.75-I wear mine loose, too). If you ever decide to go against your commitment to your hubby & upgrade ONCE MORE, I'd be happy to take her off your hands (HA! Get it? ;)2). She's stunning, and the perfect size for your dainty finger!! I love OEC's!! They are my absolute favorite Round shaped diamonds! Congratulations on your "final" ring! The setting is breathtaking in its simplicity, and just cradles your stone so well. Perfect combo!! Wear it in good health!!! :lol-2:

Ooooo, don't tempt me @Matthews1127! This was actually round 3 of torture for my poor husband, bless his beautiful, patient, soul. I think the only way he'd ever let me upgrade again would be.... well, I really can't think of any right now :rolleyes:

soxfan

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love this stone. :love::love::love: I think it looks great in a solitaire! I loved your other ring too- it was one of my favorites on PS!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Simply gorgeous:love:. Elegant, sophisticated and oh so romantic. LOVE!:love:
From one 8 prong girl to
another- Enjoy your beautiful ring!

Donnass117

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Love this ring, I never realized how much I would like the 8 prong look, just stunning! Enjoy

sweetpea&babycorn

Brilliant_Rock
@soxfan Thank you! The Casablanca looks great on you!

@missy Thank you!! I am all about those 8 prongs, a huge reason why I went with the Julia. Your ring is like my PS dream goal.

@Donnass117 8 prongs are great! Erica's bench did a perfect job with them

I have to share another one, she loves to reflect colors. This from my brother's TV :love:
FullSizeRender-2.jpg

MissGotRocks

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful stone and I love the setting! Enjoy your new ring!

Scandinavian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty! You must be very happy indeed :love:

GearGirly

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Gorgeous stone, congratulations!

tand*m

Shiny_Rock
Beautiful from all angles! It looks great with your band too. :kiss2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results