shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing My Men's Wedding Band

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

Being on this forum and liking jewelry very much, I spent a very long time choosing my own wedding band.

Initially I wanted a plain platinum band that is the "flat" kind with the 90 degree angles. I thought it has a more modern look than the traditional rounded ones.

However, I then came across this Damiani and fell in love with it for its uniqueness and sentimental significance. (Two rings in one and two tiny barely noticeable diamonds on the sides). I am generally not a fan of diamonds on men, but made an exception here. Also, my father wears one of these Damiani bands as well (but with 5 diamonds) so we thought it would be cool to match.

It is quite thin for a man's band, at 3mm but I think it looks very nice on my hand (I am not a very big guy).

Will try to post real pictures later, but here is the ring.

Hope you like it!

damiani Platinum band.JPG

ame

Super_Ideal_Rock
I LOVE that band. I wish that the Plat one had more stones on the side!

Imdanny

Ideal_Rock
It's not to my taste personally but if you like it that's all that matters and FYI if you go to Tiffany's site and look under WEDDING BANDS for MEN you will see plenty of them 3mm and under. In Europe (from what I've read and observed) most are about 2.5mm. This idea that they have to be 6mm or at least 4mm is an American fetish to "prove" they're "masculine." Kudos to you for not buying into that nonsense. Your ring is unique and interesting. I hope and expect you'll be very happy with it.

yssie

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Wow. That is a handsome band :sun:

50shadesofblack

Shiny_Rock
I'm European and standard here is 3mm for both men and women. And where I am from, they always have matching bands.

I do not like things that display logo names clearly (certain glasses, bags or rings for example) so this one is not my style, but it is very unique and I hope you will wear it in good health and happiness. =)

Congrats on picking your ring!

aquanaut

Shiny_Rock
Thanks everyone!

The logo is not at all what attracted me to this ring and I will actually have it polished out.

It is very subtle in real life and looks like a plain band unless you look very carefully.

blushingbride22

Rough_Rock
I'd love to have something like that in <a href="http://www.tungstenworld.com/Tungsten-Wedding-Bands/">tungsten carbide</a>. Looks a lot like the wedding band Brad Pitt and Angelina Jolie wear.

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

Very nice! I admired them last year in Cali.

chers--Sharon

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
any real pics?

pregcurious

Ideal_Rock
I like the uniqueness, and that it's subtle.

JamesChemist

Rough_Rock
I like the subtlety of the ring as well and I am thinking of getting something similar. Do you happen to have any real life pictures? Thanks!

chel180

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thats a really nice design band. We'd all love to see hand shots when you're got them.

VRBeauty

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
aquanaut|1324562732|3086729 said:
The logo is not at all what attracted me to this ring and I will actually have it polished out.

It is very subtle in real life and looks like a plain band unless you look very carefully.

I'm glad you're having the name polished off - especially since it's your wedding band and I suspect that's not your wife's name! :wink2:

Very cool concept! Please do share more pictures when you can!

purplesilk

Ideal_Rock
A decade ago these bands were very popular in Italy. They were Pitt&Aniston's wedding bands: Pitt designed them himself and asked Damiani to make them: Pitt meant them as exclusive custom products but Damiani decided to commercialize them...Pitt filed a lawsuit against Damiani...I guess Damiani won because these bands are still on the market.
IRL these bands are charming but most of the jewellers advice against buying them because they catch any kind of dirt (dust, soap, hand moisture, any any kind of dirt)...you'd better buy a teeth brush to keep them clean.
None the less they are really beautiful and classy.

JamesChemist

Rough_Rock
This is the design I am thinking of for my wedding band. A Pd white gold (not plated) four square band with one surprise diamond in one corner (~0.03 ct, ~2mm diameter, SI1 or better). Note that the outside will be brushed not polished. What are people's thoughts?

Thanks.

Sqaure Band-1.jpg

Square-Band-2.jpg

hann

Rough_Rock
aquanaut|1324480706|3086031 said:
Hi everyone,

Being on this forum and liking jewelry very much, I spent a very long time choosing my own wedding band.

Initially I wanted a plain platinum band that is the "flat" kind with the 90 degree angles. I thought it has a more modern look than the traditional rounded ones.

However, I then came across this Damiani and fell in love with it for its uniqueness and sentimental significance. (Two rings in one and two tiny barely noticeable diamonds on the sides). I am generally not a fan of diamonds on men, but made an exception here. Also, my father wears one of these Damiani bands as well (but with 5 diamonds) so we thought it would be cool to match.

It is quite thin for a man's band, at 3mm but I think it looks very nice on my hand (I am not a very big guy).

Will try to post real pictures later, but here is the ring.

Hope you like it!

Love the band!

Question though, are the 2 rings kept together only by the joint where the diamond sits?

Looks like it could be troublesome to clean too..

but it's pretty cool. =) good taste.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results