shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing my Fancy Yellow Oval diamond custom order with JA

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
Lately, I'm obsessed with yellow diamond. Unfortunately, I belong to the "The Bigger, The Better" team, so when I started looking for diamonds within my desired size range, they ain't cheap. LOL.

About a month ago, I was browsing James Allen fancy color inventory, and found a fancy yellow diamond that sang to my heart. Most importantly, the diamond was at an unbeatable price! Needless to say, I jumped on it immediately. Because the diamond is only Fancy Yellow (GIA graded), which is all I could afford any way, I wanted to add more yellow to it. So, I picked one of their existing setting design, and asked the associate at JA to custom make a 18K yellow gold foil cup with an open "hole" underneath (opened cup? - feel free to correct me if I'm using the wrong term). I heard it'd be a nightmare with a closed cup. On that note, thank you all the experts here on PS who gave out tons of helpful advices on yellow diamond setting. You guys are truly the best!

The rep at James Allen first said, although they did closed cup for yellow diamond rings before, they'd never done an opened cup like what I was asking for. Luckily, after a few emails back and forth, she got back with the good news that their design team would be able to do what I wanted. On top of that, their quote for that custom setting fee was extremely reasonable. Yayyyyyyyy. :dance:

BTW, I'm also equally obsessed with halo rings. LOVE all the little tiny sparkles surrounding the big sparkle (main stone). Double halos? Even better!!

Without further ado, below is the CAD that James Allen's design team presented to me for approval before officially casting it (Yes, asking for approval every step of the way is how you do custom order, kudos to James Allen). Can you tell how excited I am? :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :bigsmile:

ja_fancyyellowoval_double_halo_1a.jpg ja_fancyyellowoval_double_halo_1b.jpg

tracylt

Shiny_Rock
Re: Sharing my Fancy Yellow Oval diamond custom order with J

Here are the diamond specs:

Carat weight: 5.01 carat
Shape and cutting style: Oval Modified Brilliant
Measurements: 12.85 x 8.08 x 5.99 mm

Color Grade: Fancy Yellow
Color Origin: Natural
Color Distribution: Even
Clarity: SI1

Depth: 61.0%
Table: 59.0%
Polish: VG
Symmetry: G
Fluorescence: Strong

Garnetgirl

Ideal_Rock

I don't really know anything about CADs, but looks like it will be a beautiful ring.
And the diamond!!!!!! :lickout: WOW - fancy yellow, and over 5 carats. That's an incredible rock. Looking forward to seeing some photos when you receive it.

Fulvia

Shiny_Rock

This is GORGEOUS! What a statement piece it will be. Is it a RHR? When will it be finished! Can't wait to see it!!

P.S. Although I don't like halos on white diamonds so much, with coloured stones I think a halo is a very nice addition that brings out the diamond's colour. Brava!

AprilBaby

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

This is going to be a spectacular ring!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

Thank you Garnetgirl, Fulvia, and AprilBaby, so much! It's supposed to finish and ship by next Tuesday, they'll overnight it so supposedly I'll get my hands on it next Wednesday! I know I shouldn't but I am holding my breath now. Lol. :mrgreen: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

I have one tiny bit concern though. The L/W ratio is 1.59, which makes it elongated oval. Hopefully it'll still look proportional. 8)

MK514

Rough_Rock

It looks beautiful and substantial!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

MK514|1466707597|4047202 said:
It looks beautiful and substantial!
Thank you MK514! Hopefully it'll turn out even more gorgeous! :naughty:

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

In the mean time, just wanna share this is what got me in trouble. I bought this at a local jeweler a few months back, and the more I stared at it the more I wanted to get a yellow diamond on my finger. My double halo obsession is quite obvious huh? :lol:

fullsizerender_152.jpg

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

Two more :bigsmile:

0213498.jpg 034949.jpg

momhappy

Ideal_Rock

Ah! I can't wait to see!!!! Post pics as soon as it arrives =)

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Wow! You are the bigger the better type of girl...5.01!!! I cant wait to see this one!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

My ring is here !!!!!! And yes, it was delivered earlier than anticipated.
Early on yesterday I checked on James Allen website and my ring was in "Quality Assurance". I was so happy because I knew it was gonna be ship on time, and out of nowhere I got an email from JA saying my ring was shipped last night!!!! :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

I have one word for it: STUNNING. I knew it was gonna be beautiful, but it still took my breath away. I was only able to take pics with my iPhone though. Will post more when I have time :D

img_7600.jpg
img_7610_0.jpg img_7602.jpg
img_7608.jpg img_7626.jpg
img_7627.jpg
img_7603.jpg

Niel

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

Good gracious that is spectacular

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Oh my...that is one blingtastic ring! :appl: Please indulge us with more pics! :))

Also, would love to see more pics of your other MRB halo rings if you get a chance! :cheeky:

CravingDiamonds

Brilliant_Rock
Premium

Absolutely love this!

derbygal

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Amazing! :appl:

lorrissey

Brilliant_Rock

WOW WOW WOW !!!!! that's beautiful!

telephone89

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Gorgeous!

lovedogs

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

oh my goodness, what an incredibly and blingy stone! I love it, and what a great idea with the gold "cup"! I've never heard of that, it's such a smart way to bring out the color in your FY stone. I also am a halo lover, and think this double halo is great (especially with such an incredible center stone). Congrats on such an outstanding piece!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

Niel|1467134119|4049242 said:
Good gracious that is spectacular
Thank you, Niel!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

m-2-b|1467134514|4049244 said:
Oh my...that is one blingtastic ring! :appl: Please indulge us with more pics! :))

Also, would love to see more pics of your other MRB halo rings if you get a chance! :cheeky:
Thank you so much! I will absolutely post more pics. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What MRB halo rings you were talking about? I have a 5 carat round brilliant halo ring so not sure if it's "MRB"? I took too many pictures of my daughter that my phone memory went out, so I had to delete all the "bling bling" pics. But I can certainly take some just to post in here ;-)

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

CravingDiamonds|1467134954|4049247 said:
Absolutely love this!
Thank you!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

derbygal|1467135864|4049263 said:
Thank you Derbygal!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

lorrissey|1467137057|4049271 said:
WOW WOW WOW !!!!! that's beautiful!
Thank you lorrissey!!!!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

telephone89|1467137399|4049280 said:
Gorgeous!
Thanks!!!!

tracylt

Shiny_Rock

lovedogs|1467139085|4049288 said:
oh my goodness, what an incredibly and blingy stone! I love it, and what a great idea with the gold "cup"! I've never heard of that, it's such a smart way to bring out the color in your FY stone. I also am a halo lover, and think this double halo is great (especially with such an incredible center stone). Congrats on such an outstanding piece!
Thank you so much!
I actually got that idea after I started reading this forum. I searched the word "yellow diamond" and I saw tons of post including the one they were discussing about advantages and disadvantages of "cupping" a yellow diamond. I decided the cup is for me! :dance:

Funion

Rough_Rock

:shock:

m-2-b

Ideal_Rock
Premium

tracylt|1467148485|4049373 said:
m-2-b|1467134514|4049244 said:

Thank you so much! I will absolutely post more pics. :bigsmile: :bigsmile: :bigsmile:

What MRB halo rings you were talking about? I have a 5 carat round brilliant halo ring so not sure if it's "MRB"? I took too many pictures of my daughter that my phone memory went out, so I had to delete all the "bling bling" pics. But I can certainly take some just to post in here ;-)

MRB is short for modern round brilliant (just as you guessed ;)) ). Yes, I saw a glimpse of your 5ct MRB halo in another thread and I also saw a 4ct MRB in a cushion halo--we need to see more pics of these lovely rings! :naughty: :sun: :appl:

Oh, and please add your new ring to the 5ct thread, too! We love big bling around here! :cheeky:

Trekkie

Brilliant_Rock

Holy shit!!! :-o :-o :-o

That's side to side, knuckle to knuckle coverage!!! :love: :love: :love:

Absolutely stunning!!! :love: :love: :love:

Incredibly beautiful! Wear it in good health! :love: :love: :love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results