shape
carat
color
clarity

Sharing my collection on IG

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Decided to make some videos on IG sharing pieces in my collection, posted the first one today. I was inspired to do this because I love watching people sharing their pieces, especially videos because they are so much more personal than pictures.

Anyway if you want to join the fun (or dumpster fire depending on the day) then shoot me a message on LT since we can’t share our IG handles here (I don’t think anyways). My account is private so I’ll have to add whoever wants to join. Maybe this will help keep me sane while the kids are out of school :lol:

LilAlex

Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are bolder and braver than most.

I would think that could attract unwanted attention from folks who can easily determine your real identity. It's different if you're a vendor with a commercial location, security, insurance, etc.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You are bolder and braver than most.

I would think that could attract unwanted attention from folks who can easily determine your real identity. It's different if you're a vendor with a commercial location, security, insurance, etc.

Bold and brave or not very bright, not sure which, but I’ll go with yours. However, now you have me rethinking this, even though my account is private. I’ve posted pictures of myself on PS, so I’ve already given away enough to work with perhaps.

I’ve already had all my jewelry stolen once, 20 or so years ago and none if it was ever recovered. I guess this is why I struggle with considering owning jewelry a liability and the love I have for it.

sorry for Sunday morning ramblings

RRfromR

Brilliant_Rock
I want to do the same but I have only one account linked to all the vendors and also my in-laws :/ , so no posting of my goodies for fear of judgment lol.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I want to do the same but I have only one account linked to all the vendors and also my in-laws :/ , so no posting of my goodies for fear of judgment lol.

If you really wanted to, you could make a separate account for your jewelry posts and just not add anyone who would make you uncomfortable about sharing. I made this mistake when I added my SIL to my old IG, I can relate because I always felt like she was watching and judging.

stracci2000

Ideal_Rock
Premium
If you really wanted to, you could make a separate account for your jewelry posts and just not add anyone who would make you uncomfortable about sharing. I made this mistake when I added my SIL to my old IG, I can relate because I always felt like she was watching and judging.

Yes, jewelry friends only, and no family.

YadaYadaYada

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@YadaYadaYada and @stracci2000 , I'm following over 300 jewelry accounts, so it would be much practical to block my ILs ;-)

IG also has settings where you can block stories and live video from certain followers, you could also create a “close friends“ list of people you want to share content with. Depending on how much you feel stifled, I would suggest playing around with your IG settings and you might find something that works for you.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results