shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your wedding dress, please!

annette510

Rough_Rock
Trade
So a few months ago in February, the Vera Wang for DB line came out and I was obsessed with the blush fit & flare...
Went to go try it on that weekend, and they only had the blush in a size 4....and the white in a size 14...I was probably a 12 at the time.
Tried on the white...didn't LOOOVE it as much as I thought I would.
Fast forward to this weekend....I am now a size 4! I go back to the store and try on the pink one....and ITS MY DRESS!!!!! YAY I cant wait! I'm gonna make a few minor changes to it, sweetheart neck and possibly corset back...
I posted a pic of the before & after LOL
I can now say confidently that THIS IS MY DRESS!!! Love the blush and I can't wait to wear it!

before after vera jpg.jpg

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
I love this thread so much.

Annette, congratulations! You look fabulous!!! I really love that dress. Had Vera Wang been available at DB when I was in the market, I think I might have gotten one.

*sigh* I miss my dress.

KittyGolightly

Brilliant_Rock
Tried to edit the post above, but was too late. I loved every minute of being in my wedding dress, and was a little bit sad to change into my reception dress! I bought it from La Soie in Torrance, CA.

Walking with Dad.jpg

annette510

Rough_Rock
Trade
You look phenomenal! What a gorgeous dress!

cushionsparkle

Rough_Rock
I LOVE this thread!! Keep them coming ladies.

I am only recently engaged and on the fitness drive. I really want to start trying dresses on, but I'd love to shed a few lbs first. I want to be unrestricted in terms of styles whereas at the moment I would pick based on my more rounded than I'd like hips!!
We're not planning the wedding till early 2013 so I have lots of time but I am DYING to get in there and start prancing around all princess-ish.

You all look absolutely stunning!!!

Amzizzle

Shiny_Rock
I posted my dress awhile back but it was a pic of the model. So here is me in the dress :)

AJM0100.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
KittyGolightly|1309534166|2959912 said:
Tried to edit the post above, but was too late. I loved every minute of being in my wedding dress, and was a little bit sad to change into my reception dress! I bought it from La Soie in Torrance, CA.

LOVE LOVE LOVE your dress!

luckky

Shiny_Rock
I love this thread, everyone had a beautiful dresses, can't go wrong with either one, me in Vera Wang...simple but I love it!

c1.jpg

cushionsparkle

Rough_Rock
Firstly, let me say how EXCITED I am to have picked my dress.. but how devastated I am to have a year and 2 months to wait till our wedding!!

This is an Australian designer based in Perth called Anastasia Designs/Creations and the dress is called ALICIA. I had been to a HUGE bridal store in the city and found a Martina Liana dress that I absolutely LOVED, and then my last appointment was a small boutique store up the road from my home in the North Shore of Sydney. My maid of honour actually picked this out for me (turns out she hated the one I loved in the first store).
I loved it so much I bought it then and there, and then pranced around the store for the next 45 mins, almost refusing to take it off.
It's not what I thought I would buy.. but it fitted my criteria perfectly (something simple, but striking and unique, and with a touch of sexy for my fiance!). I thought the big flower added the couture element I was looking for, it's a simple ivory silk with not much poof.. and I think the fitted-ness and the neckline added just a tiny touch of sexy to it.

The shot of the model in the dress (which i actually dont like.. weird?) vs me in the dress:
ALICIA.jpg VS photo_2.jpg

I wish I could just sit around all day wearing it !!!

cushionsparkle

Rough_Rock
WOW! So unique.

I love it - gorgeous!!

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
cushionsparkle|1325977509|3097467 said:
Firstly, let me say how EXCITED I am to have picked my dress.. but how devastated I am to have a year and 2 months to wait till our wedding!!

This is an Australian designer based in Perth called Anastasia Designs/Creations and the dress is called ALICIA. I had been to a HUGE bridal store in the city and found a Martina Liana dress that I absolutely LOVED, and then my last appointment was a small boutique store up the road from my home in the North Shore of Sydney. My maid of honour actually picked this out for me (turns out she hated the one I loved in the first store).
I loved it so much I bought it then and there, and then pranced around the store for the next 45 mins, almost refusing to take it off.
It's not what I thought I would buy.. but it fitted my criteria perfectly (something simple, but striking and unique, and with a touch of sexy for my fiance!). I thought the big flower added the couture element I was looking for, it's a simple ivory silk with not much poof.. and I think the fitted-ness and the neckline added just a tiny touch of sexy to it.

The shot of the model in the dress (which i actually dont like.. weird?) vs me in the dress:
ALICIA.jpg VS photo_2.jpg

I wish I could just sit around all day wearing it !!!

looks amazing on you!

Sparkly_Girl

Rough_Rock
This is what I will be wearing for my (second) beach wedding in St. Martin on March 30th. I will post a photo of me in it after I have it hemmed!

Gown.jpg

The A-line styles are my favorite. It is the best way to accentuate my figure. :) I do like the pearl and faux pearl trimmings on most of these as well. They are all beautiful. It is hard to choose.

RebeccaMUA

Shiny_Rock
I purchased mine and it's Allure 8769. The picture just doesn't do it justice! It's sparkly and the corset really does a great job of making my waist look tiny! (which it truly isn't, lol). It's not coming in until October, and i'll have around 5-6 months for alterations and such before I get to walk down the aisle in it :D

the.dress.pg.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
RebeccaMUA said:
I purchased mine and it's Allure 8769. The picture just doesn't do it justice! It's sparkly and the corset really does a great job of making my waist look tiny! (which it truly isn't, lol). It's not coming in until October, and i'll have around 5-6 months for alterations and such before I get to walk down the aisle in it :D

the.dress.pg.jpg

Oo I love it!

NCSUchick27

Shiny_Rock
My dress is Blue by Enzoani Dillon. Here are some pictures from when I tried it on:

IMAG0134_0.jpg
IMAG0131.jpg
IMAG0128.jpg

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
NCSUchick27|1331492614|3146356 said:
My dress is Blue by Enzoani Dillon. Here are some pictures from when I tried it on:

IMAG0134_0.jpg
IMAG0131.jpg
IMAG0128.jpg

a friend of mine work that dress this year :)

JuneRose

Brilliant_Rock
LittleRiver|1326077483|3098273 said:
Just placed my order today. I'm in love! Wtoo Olivia

You look beautiful!!!

Narwhal

Shiny_Rock
First try on without proper undergarments and no Alterations yet. It was too loose which is good because the same size was snuggish in Jan!

Tara Keely 2108
headlessdress.jpg

headlessback.jpg

saucymama

Rough_Rock
dscn0679.jpg
My Mori Lee 1667! A size too big and need alterations.

4ever

Ideal_Rock
My dress; made my a local dress maker, ivory silk satin.

dsc_0453_resized.jpg

bunnycat

Ideal_Rock
What beautiful gowns!

4ever- I love the look of that one.

Here is a photo of my dress/veil and shrug before the alterations. Mostly it fit when I got it, but needed hemming and a little taken up in the shoulder straps. It's a sweet little dress I ended up getting on mega-sale at David's Bridal (under $200) from the David's Bridal line. I wasn't even really looking to buy when I went in, I was just pre-shopping for the dress and found it on sale. It had everything I was looking for: tiers, beading and an antique vibe without the headaches of buying an actual antique piece. I'll post more in a thread from the wedding this past weekend but wanted to start with a post here where I should have before but didn't have time.

dressdweb.jpg

GliderPoss

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Love this thread! This isn't a picture of mine but the photo I took as inspiration to my dressmaker. Sort of Alex Perry style... :love:

She was amazing and made my dream dress for $600 (not joking!) in ivory silk with some delicate clear hand-beading on the neckline.

Very simple, very classic and perfect for me. I was only 22 and couldn't afford anything big and showy anyway. I still fit into it (6 years ago now) and love it. Thinking about dying it another colour so I can use it again.... :naughty:

_611.jpg

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
Everyone looks amazing in their gowns! Here's mine, self-portrait style!

lacedress.jpg

PintoBean

Ideal_Rock
Premium
star sparkle|1345926520|3257050 said:

Star sparkle! We are gown twins, except that you have the figure that is to die for! :love: I would KILL for your toned arms!

star sparkle

Brilliant_Rock
PintoBean|1346112972|3258194 said:
star sparkle|1345926520|3257050 said:

Star sparkle! We are gown twins, except that you have the figure that is to die for! :love: I would KILL for your toned arms!

Oh, yay, how fun! Do you have a picture of you in yours? I'd love to see it!

And thanks for the compliment! I'm sure you look amazing in yours too :wavey:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results