shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your super RARE CSs!

Musia

Brilliant_Rock
My super rare neon green Russian demantoid, no treatment. It is almost 1ct (0.95ct) and would be about 2ct if it didn't have this spot right in the center. Because of this inclusion the price was good for me to buy my dream stone in this color. It got a very warm welcome in group Inclusions on FaceBook one year ago. I am going to set it since my daughter says she loves the stone for what it is and will proudly wear the piece of jewelry after I pass away.

Another little stone is super rare and very small. Deeper green Russian demantoid, 0.51ct, 4.8mm. The seller loves taking pictures of such rare stones on top of the US dollar bill. Already set in 14K YG cute solitaire ring.
100.jpg IMG_3778 (2).JPG 0.51сt (2).jpg IMG_3296 (2).JPG

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I've got Alexandrite (of course) :) Painite, Taaffeite, Jeremejevite, Bixbite, Serendibite, Benitoite, Pezzotaite, Cuprite, Japanese iridescent garnet, Hauyne etc. All were posted years ago but I removed the photos a few years ago when I saw a seller using my images! Don't know if it counts but I've got a very large Pezzotaite also. I guess it depends on what your definition of extremely rare stones is.

This is my new grandidierite. It has the same colour and glow as some of my Paraiba which I was so surprised about. I’m trying to think of a design now! Sorry for the photo - it was a windy day and I took a risk trying to photograph it and in the end panicked and took photos through the plastic!

5F51FBB0-74E8-4E00-9183-956200EBF1E6.jpeg

Last edited:

JackTrick

Brilliant_Rock
I've got Alexandrite (of course) :) Painite, Taaffeite, Jeremejevite, Bixbite, Serendibite, Benitoite, Pezzotaite, Cuprite, Japanese iridescent garnet, Hauyne etc. All were posted years ago but I removed the photos a few years ago when I saw a seller using my images! Don't know if it counts but I've got a very large Pezzotaite also. I guess it depends on what your definition of extremely rare stones is.

This is my new grandidierite. It has the same colour and glow as some of my Paraiba which I was so surprised about. I’m trying to think of a design now! Sorry for the photo - it was a windy day and I took a risk trying to photograph it and in the end panicked and took photos through the plastic!

5F51FBB0-74E8-4E00-9183-956200EBF1E6.jpeg

Ooh. Is the grand faceted? I can’t quite make it out!

LD

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes it is. It’s beautiful. It has a slight window but I can forgive it because of the colour! Here’s the sellers photo so you can see it more clearly.

Attachments

• A3C321EF-AD0C-4723-86C3-1D0C2D097D79.jpeg
    A3C321EF-AD0C-4723-86C3-1D0C2D097D79.jpeg
    52.1 KB · Views: 39

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
Lazulite, Hibonite, Grandidierite, Brookite, Anatase F0B6E3B2-10AF-497A-9A50-D686BDC62373.png , Cancrinit, Johachidolite, Kornerupine (V,Cr and Fe), Cr Tremolite, Dumortierite, Hauyne, Afghanite, Hackmanite, Eudialyte, Vayrynenit, Triplite, Jeremejevit, Euklase and Mg-Axinite.

voce

Ideal_Rock
Lazulite, Hibonite, Grandidierite, Brookite, Anatase F0B6E3B2-10AF-497A-9A50-D686BDC62373.png , Cancrinit, Johachidolite, Kornerupine (V,Cr and Fe), Cr Tremolite, Dumortierite, Hauyne, Afghanite, Hackmanite, Eudialyte, Vayrynenit, Triplite, Jeremejevit, Euklase and Mg-Axinite.

I'm impressed that you can keep it all straight what is what, after you lay them all out like that! As a consumer and not a gemologist, I would be afraid to get the stones mixed up. As it is, some of my jewelers can't tell the 1-1.5mm spinels from sapphire, demantoid garnet from mint/grossular garnet, red rubies from red spinels etc. Is it easier to remember or tell the difference if the different gems are bigger than melee size?

Nosean

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
No, this is no problem. As a collector I know each and every stone in my collection and so it is impossible to mix them. I made this video only with the small stones.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results