shape
carat
color
clarity

share your opinion on this RB

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Hey guys what do you all think about this stone? We are finally ready to buy and are looking like crazy but now that the process is really happening is kinda freaking me out to choose a stone. So i need your help. Share your outmost opinion on it. I was told by the vendor that is completely eye clean and sparkles like crazy. It is to be set in a platinum 3 stone setting. here is the cert. hope it works.

certgia.jpg

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
lets try this again..... sorry about the size... hope it works

giacert1.JPG

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
price? who is the vendor? Ideal Scope?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''m sorry, my monitor is a 12in and I still can''t read the numbers. Would you mind posting the depth, table, crown, and pavillion numbers?

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
ok guys sorry i cant get the cert size correct i have been working on it for the past hour and nothing so i''ll do it manually.

Shape: RB
measurements: 6.04-6.06*3.76mm
.85ct J SI1
Cut: excellent
Polish and simmetry: very good
Fluoresence: MB

Crown angle: 35
P angle:41
cutlet : none
med-slightly thick faceted
Depth: 62.2%

The vendor is ERD price is around 2300 i think. BF didnt really say. I dont have an ideal scope i''ll ask BF if he requested one from them. Thanks again

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 2:19:48 AM
Author: sleeping beauty
ok guys sorry i cant get the cert size correct i have been working on it for the past hour and nothing so i''ll do it manually.

Shape: RB
measurements: 6.04-6.06*3.76mm
.85ct J SI1
Cut: excellent
Polish and simmetry: very good
Fluoresence: MB

Crown angle: 35
P angle:41
cutlet : none
med-slightly thick faceted
Depth: 62.2%

The vendor is ERD price is around 2300 i think. BF didnt really say. I dont have an ideal scope i''ll ask BF if he requested one from them. Thanks again
Thanks for posting this, I''m sorry I couldn''t read it.

Well, it''s not a bad stone...but I think you can find a little better. The HCA gave it a 2.3 VG/VG/VG/VG "worth buying if the price is right"

It''s probably a lovely stone, but for my taste is a *tad* on the deep side and there are better performers out there.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 2:25:37 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Well, it''s not a bad stone...but I think you can find a little better. The HCA gave it a 2.3 VG/VG/VG/VG ''worth buying if the price is right''

It''s probably a lovely stone, but for my taste is a *tad* on the deep side and there are better performers out there.
No problem Kcoursolle, i was having a hard time reading it myself. but thanks for your reply. What depth would be to your taste for a stone like this one?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Here''s an .84 J/SI that I like a little better:
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=1027727

Here''s a nice one I/VS2 that is slightly smaller in carat weight, but only faces up a little smaller. I would ask about the VT-T girdle though.
http://www.jamesallen.com/diamond.asp?cid=131&item=860767

This .77 J/VS2 is gorgeous:
http://whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-232041.htm#

This .81 I/SI2 is also gorgeous and faces up about the same as the one you posted:
http://whiteflash.com/hearts_arrows/A-Cut-Above-H-A-cut-diamond-231178.htm#

Another I like:
http://whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-231193.htm#

This one might be out of budget, but it''s also nice:
http://whiteflash.com/round_ideal_cut/Round-Ideal-Cut-cut-diamond-232069.htm#

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 2:33:25 AM
Author: sleeping beauty

Date: 4/18/2007 2:25:37 AM
Author: kcoursolle

Well, it''s not a bad stone...but I think you can find a little better. The HCA gave it a 2.3 VG/VG/VG/VG ''worth buying if the price is right''

No problem Kcoursolle, i was having a hard time reading it myself. but thanks for your reply. What depth would be to your taste for a stone like this one?
I like to see depths between 60-62 and tables between 54-57. You can still have great performers with a depth over 62, but you are loosing spread at this point.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would be more concerned with the crown and pavillion angles, this diamond is what is known as a steep/deep and might lose some performance because of it, I would keep looking.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Date: 4/18/2007 4:24:06 AM
Author: Lorelei
I would be more concerned with the crown and pavillion angles, this diamond is what is known as a steep/deep and might lose some performance because of it, I would keep looking.
Geezz, is this a complicated process!!! What would be good c and p angles so that it wont make it too steep/deep? i cant quite undertand the aga chart posted in the tutorial session.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry - I should have been more specific. What we mean by a steep deep diamond is that the crown angle is too steep along with a deep pavillion angle. This can have the effect of causing some light leakage or a dark area under the table of the diamond to some observers. Try a search for ' ring of death' which is often used to describe this effect. Not all steep deep combos are unattractive however, but an expert here once said as a rule of thumb, a good cut off point to avoid SD diamonds is crown angle no more than 35 degrees combined with a pavillion angle of 40.8 degrees.

As to best crown and pavillion combos, there are many potentially great measurements, best thing is to use the HCA and Idealscope images to see which works best. For example, a shallower crown angle along with a slightly deeper pavillion angle can produce and sock exploding effect with some. You could stick to the combos considered cherry by some PSers which are;

Crown angle - 34.4 - 34.8 degrees

Pavillion angle - 40.5- 40.9 degrees.

Bear in mind that opinions can differ with these and they also need teaming with a good depth, table and girdle thickness.

sleeping beauty

Shiny_Rock
Thanks for all your opinion i''m glad i didnt rush to get this stone and decided to ask for your knowledgable opinion. You guys are great, i''ll sure be back with the next stone i find. Thanks again.
emsmile.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results