shape
carat
color
clarity

Share your cheap and cheerful finds that I can buy?

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
great idea for a thread @diamondyes

its the dead of winter here and although its getting lighter in the evenings and gardens are bursting with winter blooms today has been wet and cold and its muddy underfoot

the time of year that needs a pick me up
i just ordered this to wear over my dark brown alpaca poncho

tiger eye copper wire wrapped with a 20" copper chain
on sale
free shipping

kind of rustic
Screenshot_20220731-192853.png

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to browse Berricle as their items are cheap and cheerful, and some of the designs are quirky.

DK :))

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock

its the dead of winter here and although its getting lighter in the evenings and gardens are bursting with winter blooms today has been wet and cold and its muddy underfoot

on sale
free shipping

kind of rustic

How cool! I love tiger’s eye!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
i think this thread has great potential !
so I'll show you Elizabeth
she is heat treated moss agate, she's for my whitby jet necklace as a pendent although she is presently a brooch
she is going to live in the china cabinet when not in use because she is much more pretty than my bad photo
(yes those are cat whiskers ;)2 )

@Autumn in New England are you out there ?

Attachments

• 20220728_143210.jpg
    20220728_143210.jpg
    353.4 KB · Views: 171
  • 20220728_141807.jpg
    20220728_141807.jpg
    241.6 KB · Views: 174
  • 20220728_152226.jpg
    20220728_152226.jpg
    239.4 KB · Views: 200

Kalynna

Rough_Rock
I've been having fun with moissanite lately! Here's my Amazon haul...

Set 1: 3ct equivalent plated silver from Imolove; band is 7 stone plated silver from Waoini. Total price with coupons was roughly $85.

PXL_20220803_002229349.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220802_225516685.PORTRAIT.jpg

Second set (ring finger): 1.5ct equivalent silver plated from Turandoss; band is also silver .4ct equivalent from Imolove. Total price: ~$66.

PXL_20220803_224847676.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220803_224714328.jpg

Here they are next to my natural diamond set (plus bonus lab diamond bracelet from Ouros)...and now I'm kind of wishing I had done moissanite for that instead!

PXL_20220803_225055175.jpg

diamondyes

Brilliant_Rock
I've been having fun with moissanite lately! Here's my Amazon haul...

Set 1: 3ct equivalent plated silver from Imolove; band is 7 stone plated silver from Waoini. Total price with coupons was roughly $85.

PXL_20220803_002229349.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220802_225516685.PORTRAIT.jpg

Second set (ring finger): 1.5ct equivalent silver plated from Turandoss; band is also silver .4ct equivalent from Imolove. Total price: ~$66.

PXL_20220803_224847676.PORTRAIT.jpg PXL_20220803_224714328.jpg

Here they are next to my natural diamond set (plus bonus lab diamond bracelet from Ouros)...and now I'm kind of wishing I had done moissanite for that instead!

PXL_20220803_225055175.jpg

Wow!!!!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock

on sale
free shipping

kind of rustic

this arrived but as it was on special maybe why it came with no copper chain
its like being a kid on xmas morning and my new electronic toy came with no Batteries

the stone isnt quite as nice as the picture but it has lovelly light play
it looks awsome with my pomcho but alas phone still on the blink

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
scratching the itch
ever since Queen Elizabeth was given the moss agate brooch by the Obama's ive been curouse
4E57060700000578-5961705-image-m-21_1531834271110.jpg

of course my new beads are nothing like that
i want a long necklace and a bracelet (maybe a double strand bracelet)
il_1140xN.4090637150_20s7.jpg

now not my photo, as i should have spent today going into town to my cell phone supplier and getting my stupid phone fixed ,,,but it was cold and wet and misserable so i stayed home with Gary and the kitties and the heat pump

so i got 2 starnds aprox 46 x 8mm microfascated beads for NZ$9.69ea plus GST and very reasonable shipping
there are only a few dudes (Im assuming the clear and milky ones)
but im going to order the same again, just to make a longer necklace

so long as i get up in time, off to see the new jewler tomorrow before work who will jack me up with the pearl knotter

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
this arrived but as it was on special maybe why it came with no copper chain
its like being a kid on xmas morning and my new electronic toy came with no Batteries

the stone isnt quite as nice as the picture but it has lovelly light play
it looks awsome with my pomcho but alas phone still on the blink

finally ordered the chain and it came today also !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Austina

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just bought these Moissonite earrings in platinum plated sterling silver. 6.5mm bezeled, so look 8mm, 1.85 equivalent carat weight, less than $40.

I kept thinking I wanted bigger diamond studs, then realised, I actually don‘t NEED them, and I’d just be buying more ‘real’ jewellery for the sake of it.

IMG_1175.jpeg

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
im just gonna add found a guy in town who is restringing and knotting from NZ$45 :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
just gonna bump this
someone must have a newly aquired or rediscovered little baubble they want to show ?????????????????????????????????

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
buying another (3rd lot) of moss agate as i just love what i have recueved so far
going to make a rope ive desided
Does no one else have anything to show and tell ?

rosethorn

Shiny_Rock
I’ve got a couple! Though the first set wasn’t exactly cheap, but it was cheapER.

Lab “paraiba” color sapphire 5x7 oval with moissanite halo from Starsgem in 10k rose gold with a 10k rose gold bubble band with alternating tiny moissanite from BellizaArgento on Etsy (first time ordering from them and it came really fast with good communication).

IMG_0914.jpeg

797354B9-CD8E-4F89-854B-879957ED4143.jpeg

This one is a lab yellow 5x7 oval sapphire in a gold plated setting with moissanite halo also from Starsgem. Kind of wish I’d gotten this in 10k gold because the plating will wear off and I love the bright yellow of it!

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
I’ve got a couple! Though the first set wasn’t exactly cheap, but it was cheapER.

Lab “paraiba” color sapphire 5x7 oval with moissanite halo from Starsgem in 10k rose gold with a 10k rose gold bubble band with alternating tiny moissanite from BellizaArgento on Etsy (first time ordering from them and it came really fast with good communication).

IMG_0914.jpeg

797354B9-CD8E-4F89-854B-879957ED4143.jpeg

This one is a lab yellow 5x7 oval sapphire in a gold plated setting with moissanite halo also from Starsgem. Kind of wish I’d gotten this in 10k gold because the plating will wear off and I love the bright yellow of it!

i adore that green colour :appl:
:appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl: :appl:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I bought some inexpensive plated silver moissanite earrings on AliExpress, and they are all nice looking and good values. I took the free shipping option and I think these all did arrive in 14 days. Not the best of the best cut-wise, but decent stones for the very low prices which are lower than cz earrings in department stores nowadays. They look convincing.

These hoops are very delicate small stones. I think the vendor photos are very misleading since these are small "chip" moissanites. I linked some customer photos to show the reality. lol But these earrings are perfect for work when you want something a little glitzy yet not distracting. I bought all 3 gold colors, and 2 pairs of the rose gold ones. I've been wearing a rose gold set 24/7 for almost a month and the plating is holding up perfectly. Clasps hold securely.
photophoto2photo3 rose gold

Bought these bezel earrings in both WG and YG. The stones are just average cut but they have slim arrows and they do show fire and brilliance. Again, since these aren't AGS 000 diamond equivalents in cut ;-) they are pretty without being too distracting. Clasps aren't as secure as the hoop earrings are, and I did manage to have one of these fall out unnoticed when I was drying my hair with a towel. Just pay attention to what you're doing and check that they are latched.

For when I want something more cocktail/evening than business, I bought these in both WG and YG. Very nice, again, not the best-cut stones. Not duds, just more average cut. Could be daywear, too, since they're delicate.

I also bought these. AVOID. A lot of AnuJewel's stuff is very popular on Reddit, and I own one of their bezel rings, but these earrings are weak. The clasp on one hardly opens enough to the get the earring in, and the clasp totally broke off the other within 48 hours. I submitted photos and received an instant decision and refund.

Last edited:

AdaBeta27

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Aliexpress rings:
Got this one in 1ct and silver. Has slim arrows and some fire but it doesn't go crazy rainbows. It's also not obvious arrows and lots of contrast like the Kalala stones have. Very nice setting that looks quality.

I love this 8.5mm thing! I bought the rose gold plated, trying to decide how big to go with a future lab diamond, and whether or not I'd like a bezel. Love this very substantial setting. The stone is nice, bright, lively, slim arrows but the arrows don't jump out like those on the Kalala stones. There are silver and 10kt yellow gold rings photos posted in the /moissanite sub on Reddit. The gold version is every bit as thick as the silver version. Her thread title is "2.5ct round brilliant bezel from Kuololit on Ali Express" These are my 10k gold Starsgem ring (8.5mm OEC) and the plated RG 8.5mm rb Koulolit bezel ring. It has a coppery color, like the gold was getting depleted from the plating bath, leaving more copper. But that's just the way I like it. If I can find someone to make me an actual copper setting for a moissanite, I'll do it. I hate that salmon color of higher kt rose golds. Copper doesn't turn green on me, either.
The GRA cert says my stone is D color but I think it's actually more G/H. My stone is nice but I think the customer who posted her 10k gold ring on Reddit got a nicer cut stone than what's in my bezel. But mine is very nice, especially for under $50 for a hefty ring. Some Redditer says bezel ring's shank is 2.6mm wide with a 1.5mm height.
mybezel.JPG my rings

10k yg
customer's stone YG

Last edited:
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results