shape
carat
color
clarity

share you small pleasures that make a difference in your life

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

jas

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:40:16 PM
Author: decodelighted
Hey JCROW .. not to hijack but --

how do those microfiber mops work exactly.

I''ve been eyeing them at Target cuz I know I shouldn''t be Wet Swiffering our less-than-perfectly-sealed wood floors ... yet, I can''t quite get a handle on what to moisten those microfibers one with? Just a lemon oil spray? Not a big ol'' dunking bucket like regular mops, right?? I could use a new ''simple pleasure''!!!! And cleaner floors!
This is so wrong, but there was one time I just moved in and quickly "spritzed" Pledge on a small scuff on the hardwood floor. Naturally DH ran for the phone in his bare socks. I have never seen anyone literally have their feet fly out from under them. I laughed so hard I cried (after assessing that nothing was bruised...not even his pride.) Not that I would call that a simple pleasure...
31.gif

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You will think this is really silly, but...the automatic garage door opener. This is one thing we take hugely for granted but last week there was a bit of an electrical, ahem, complication on our block and most of the residents including us lost minor household electric appliances like microwaves, alarm clocks, t.v.s, etc. We lost our electric garage door opener among other things, and now we are waiting not only on our insurance claim but for someone to come replace the thing and it has been a total PITA getting our cars in and out manually...I will never take it for granted again, I swear.
9.gif

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
My cup of Lipton tea every morning
A good book
30 miutes - 1 hour of time to myself every morning
Watching the sunset
A good glass of wine
New toothbrush day (I totally get it, mercoledi!)
A mani/pedi
Getting my hair cut
Relaxing w/ my hubby
A good meal

Wow, I must be easily pleased!

eks6426

Ideal_Rock
My big "shopping for annual flowers day" which is always the 2 Saturdays before Mother''s Day. I like to get there when the place I go opens at 7am...I even drag my tired self who normally sleeps in until at least 9 to do this...If the weather cooperates it is slightly cool and a bit rainy. This is my best chance for the flower store being not busy...if I sleep in an extra hour or 2, the place is so swamped I can''t push a cart through.

I buy lots of annuals to fill my 16 window boxes. After I get home, I try to plant them the same day. It makes my heart smile to see flowers in the planters after such a long winter.

Other little things:

listening to the birds in the flowering dogwood tree just outside my bedroom window

the slightly muggy, warm breezes blowing through my windows in the spring...I love to sleep with the windows open...and do it most of the time even in the hottest part of the summer.

the first bite of my favorite pizza delivered...when it is still steaming hot and I got to pick ALL the toppings

sneaking away to have dinner with my husband while my son is in band lessons

dinner on my patio that my husband and I worked so hard on last year

icecream cones

the rare moment when I am actually caught up with everything

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 5:13:45 PM
Author: sumbride

Growing peppermint by the door so I always smell something good on the way in.

What a great idea Sum! I love having sage growing on the windowsill (for the two weeks of growing season we get here) and getting the lovely sage-singed breezes through the kitchen. Good one!

Nice avatar too..

Madam Bijoux

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like to walk around my neighborhood and give treats to cats. They all know me.

widget

Ideal_Rock
I love this thread!!!

Here''s one of mine: Having my first cup of morning coffee out on my deck..particularly in the summer. It might get too hot later, but in the cool of the morning, everything is bright and fresh.....perfect!
30.gif

widget

canuk-gal

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
HI:

My reclining deck chair--in my south facing back yard.....I love the sunshine and heat.......hearing the birds chirp/sing
Tons of crosswords puzzles by my bed.......
Cold Orangeina/Sanpelligrino
Lifesaver flavoured popcicles
my bed linens dried outdoors--I love the crispy feel and fresh smell

cheers--Sharon

ellaila

Brilliant_Rock
Love this thread too
9.gif

Something that always make me happy is when I wake up and see my hubby and our kitty spooning in bed -- kitty stretches his whole belly against hubby's chest he often puts his head on hubby's hand. So cute! (If he sleeps near me, it's only at my feet, but he totally snuggles with hubby!)

I wouldn't say this makes a difference in my life, but I'm always happy when it's a nice day and there's a home game at Fenway Park -- seeing the Hood blimp flying overhead always makes me smile!

Oh, and we make homemade waffles every weekend, and I LOVE that yummy little routine!!!
18.gif

jcrow

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 6:40:16 PM
Hey JCROW .. not to hijack but --

how do those microfiber mops work exactly.

I've been eyeing them at Target cuz I know I shouldn't be Wet Swiffering our less-than-perfectly-sealed wood floors ... yet, I can't quite get a handle on what to moisten those microfibers one with? Just a lemon oil spray? Not a big ol' dunking bucket like regular mops, right?? I could use a new 'simple pleasure'!!!! And cleaner floors!
i got one that has 2 types of microfiber pads. one wet on dry. i actually prefer using the dry one b/c it sorta gets the scuffs out. i don't actually use water. ha. dh has - but only a TINY bit. i'm too scared to do water on wood floors. first wood floors. can you tell?
the brand we got was rubber maid. i fine they work LOTS better than swiffers.

lumpkin

Ideal_Rock
The filtered water for cooking and drinking. We love it so much that hubby put a filter on our ice maker water line.

We also just recently had to replace our refrigerator. Hubby was always against the auto ice makers because of the water not being filtered, but he hates to fill ice trays (I don''t know why that''s significant to him -- I always did it) but he decided to hook it up. I LOVE not having to do ice anymore!

Our pantry! We have a large enough kitchen, but there are no full walls and therefore, limited cabinets and counterspace. Our laundry was off the kitchen. We decided to put the laundry up in the smallest bedroom (we have 4 and only needed 3, and the one we used is only big enough for a nursery) and made a pantry where the laundry used to be. Hubby put in shelves and I have room for every kitchen gadget and all the food. Now our cabinets store dishes and glasses, bowls and all that. And now I know what we have to eat in the house. It really didn''t cost us much money, but it has made a huge difference in our quality of life.

Aloros

Brilliant_Rock
Bubble baths! I never got them when I was a kid, and I always wanted them. My bf got me two containers for Christmas, and I LOVE them. They smell fantastic and they are so much fun and so relaxing.

Watching my cats groom each other. Seriously, melt me like a stick of butter in the microwave.

Having an electric mixer. Now I can make my own whipped cream and cookie dough is sooo much easier.

Farmer''s market.

Fresh-squeezed orange juice.

Good cheese.

Freshly-vacuumed carpets.

aprilcait

Brilliant_Rock
leaving work on a nice day and exiting the building to feel the sun on my face...it always makes me smile.

going for walk with FI on a pretty evening

hearing someone who doesn''t know I am within earshot compliment me to someone else

walking into an air conditioned building after being outside on a super hot, muggy day
30.gif

a fresh-from-the-oven, ooey, gooey chocolate chip cookie and a mug of ice cold milk
18.gif

InlovewithJHK

Shiny_Rock
I have a huge list of simple pleasures.... I am known to have little things make me very, very, very happy!
A sampling...

Getting mail with my new married name
free samples and free tastes of food
smelling butter and onions cooking
fresh bread (a BIG ONE)
eating fruits that require lots of time (pomegranates, mangos, white cherries)
my husband''s cologne
getting my nails done
a new book
perfectly tempered ice cream (yes I really love food that much)
stamps with pictures on them of people I love
diamonds
3.gif

TV- Lost, Hero''s, ANTM, House, Project Runway, Top Chef
cute socks
scruffy beards

ok I''ll stop now!!!!

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 4:33:32 PM
Author: InlovewithJHK
scruffy beards
oooh -- this is a good one!!!

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
A good book.

A disney or pixar movie.

scented french soaps.

Body Shop''s satsuma mandrine ANYTHING.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 4:38:45 PM

Date: 5/8/2007 4:33:32 PM
Author: InlovewithJHK
scruffy beards
oooh -- this is a good one!!!
It''s great until you go in for the kiss LOL...then it feels like sandpaper!

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 10:52:54 AM
Author: ellaila
Love this thread too
9.gif

Something that always make me happy is when I wake up and see my hubby and our kitty spooning in bed -- kitty stretches his whole belly against hubby''s chest he often puts his head on hubby''s hand. So cute! (If he sleeps near me, it''s only at my feet, but he totally snuggles with hubby!)

I wouldn''t say this makes a difference in my life, but I''m always happy when it''s a nice day and there''s a home game at Fenway Park -- seeing the Hood blimp flying overhead always makes me smile!

Oh, and we make homemade waffles every weekend, and I LOVE that yummy little routine!!!
18.gif
Aw, so cute!! I love guys and kitties, puppies, or babies...drool!!!

strmrdr

Super_Ideal_Rock
well seasoned cast iron skillet
cast iron griddle
gas grill
fast internet connection
14.99 a year phone calls to Canada
want a gas stove, electric sux!

KimberlyH

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/8/2007 7:27:20 PM
Author: strmrdr
well seasoned cast iron skillet
cast iron griddle
gas grill
fast internet connection
14.99 a year phone calls to Canada
want a gas stove, electric sux!
I second the motion that electric stoves are awful! We''ve started house hunting and most of the homes in the city of SD are electric....one of my 1st questions to hubby was "Can we change it to gas?" I''ll miss my 5 burner gas stove when we move.

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
- A good movie
- A good book
- A phone call from FI
- A nice hug
- Hot chocolate
- Warm towels and sheets
- A great big laugh between friends
- Sleeping in in the weekends.

Jewels

Shiny_Rock
Lots of Tupperware. I spent $1,000 on them 2 years ago on the Freezer sets, Modular Mates, Fridge Smart, silicon stuff for baking. I must say my kitchen has never been so organized and I enjoy coking and baking a lot more since then.

Tacori E-ring

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/7/2007 12:38:40 PM
Author:kcoursolle
I just must share!!!

I recently upgrade our mattresses set from full size to queen size and ooooooh my life is better!! Fi and I have been arguing less, I've been sleeping better and longer, it's been awesome!

Anyone else want to share small changes that made a big difference?

I remember how wonderful it was when we went from a cheap, full size (after 4 years!) to a pillow-top king. It was heaven (and still is)!

I love a good book and the best time to read is right before bed. Gets me nice and sleepy (in my comfy bed). Probably my favorite time of day.
My favorite TV shows
PriceScope
25.gif

Hearing my DH introduce me as his wife
Ben & Jerry's ice cream
Quick chocolate milk
Pulling into the driveway of our new house
Seeing my family (and inlaws)
Knowing that starting halloween, DH and I become a family of three
30.gif

cnspotts

Brilliant_Rock
This really gets me thinking...

Hubby reaching for my hand
warm cookies out of the oven
B&J NY Super Fudge Chunk or Vermonty Python
my fruit trees loaded with fruit in spring
spring landscaping coming to life
nightly hot tubs with hubby
people telling me that they LOVED their massage (especially elderly first timers)
my kitties reaching up for a hug
my lizard knowing her name (or my voice) and running to see me

ladykemma

Ideal_Rock
my cat sleeping on my pillow wrapped around my head like a turban

featherbeds

hot baths in my garden tub

the burgundy leather comfy winged chair

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
A completely silent house, and Turtle Doves cooing outside. To which I am enjoying both at the moment.
1.gif

anchor31

Ideal_Rock
My kitties
A facial
A manicure
A hair cut
New clothes
New bling
Getting a gift on special occasions, and ''just because''
Giving a gift on special occasions, and ''just because''
A walk
A sunset
A breath of fresh air

lizz

Brilliant_Rock
Comfortable shoes.
21.gif

firebirdgold

Ideal_Rock
A hug from DH
DH''s smile
Fresh juice
clean warm towels
clean floors
Cuddling with my cat or dog.
Another A in a class I didn''t think I could do when I was in college the first time.
11.gif

A totally organized (by color and type) closet... although considering heap is a better way to describe it right now my closet is more of a small downer.
The sample of the day at Trader Joe''s.
Wicked fast wireless internet
A brand new manga or anime episode.
5.gif

surfgirl

Ideal_Rock
Like widget, I love a morning coffee in my garden (though sadly my psycho neighbors have been doing construction for nearly two years so I only can do this on weekends).

* Taking a pile of magazines, coffee or iced tea out to the outdoor couch under my pergola and reveling in magazines. In the winter I''ll take out a big blanket and make a fire in the outdoor chiminea. Yum!

* Fresh flowers in the house.

* A good bowl of fresh pasta and home made sauce.

* Home made soup, in front of the fire in the winter, with a good book and some jazz on the stereo.

* Anything spa-related!

* And I also love those auto hose roll up thingies!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results