shape
carat
color
clarity

Share A Song That makes You Yearn (or Long) For Something!

babs23r

Brilliant_Rock
Chattanooga Choo Choo - by Glenn Miller and Begin the Beguine - by Artie Shaw, basically any swing music but these two in general, they make me feel melancholic and yearn horribly for my parents, it was their time, my father was a swing nut.. But I long to hear these songs because it reminds me of my parents happiness when they were young.

My late father in law LOVED these songs, sang Chattanooga Choo Choo to my kids when they were young. My daughter had the band play it at her wedding in his memory. I’m starting to cry....

Tekate

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sending you a huge hug @babs23r, I know how you feel... wonderful of your daughter to have done this for your Dad.. Best of times, best of Dad's :)

My late father in law LOVED these songs, sang Chattanooga Choo Choo to my kids when they were young. My daughter had the band play it at her wedding in his memory. I’m starting to cry....

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shared this in another song thread. This is one of my favorites. :kiss2:

AGBF

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I shared this in another song thread. This is one of my favorites. :kiss2:

I had never particularly liked the song before, but when I heard this version, it came alive for me. I didn't want to comment above because what Ellen had shared about the Judy Garland version was so moving to me. I guess because I had not experienced what she did as a child, I felt that if I said I preferred this version I would be attempting to invalidate what was clearly a deeply meaningful childhood experience for her. Sometimes when we are children-or when we are adults-we find something that is beyond us, maybe spiritual, that helps us to hang on in hard times. Hugs to you, Ellen. And missy! It is a wonderful song!

Deb :))

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
@AGBF (((hugs))) to you and Ellen too.

Another song that makes my heart go pitter patter. If you want to go right to the music it begins at about 1:09

Hope you enjoy it.

bespokecarmel

Shiny_Rock
The lyrics to John Denver’s ‘Country Roads’ can still make me cry...
“All those memories, gather round her...”

Ellen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had never particularly liked the song before, but when I heard this version, it came alive for me. I didn't want to comment above because what Ellen had shared about the Judy Garland version was so moving to me. I guess because I had not experienced what she did as a child, I felt that if I said I preferred this version I would be attempting to invalidate what was clearly a deeply meaningful childhood experience for her. Sometimes when we are children-or when we are adults-we find something that is beyond us, maybe spiritual, that helps us to hang on in hard times. Hugs to you, Ellen. And missy! It is a wonderful song!

Deb :))
Deb, I am so touched by what you "didn't" do here. How really thoughtful. I don't think it would have bothered me had you said what you could have, but it's such a thoughtful gesture all the same. Thank you for for being such a sweetie. Love you friend.
bighug5.gif

And for the record, I like this version too, though it does have a different feel to it. :wink2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results