shape
carat
color
clarity

Shaped has changed, could really use your help

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Pvt. Joker

Rough_Rock
Ok, I''ve been lurking for the last year on this site trying to get the best idea of what is best to get for a diamond. I''ve been looking at the round diamonds this whole time and when she went out with friends the other day, they told me that she was all about a PRINCESS!!! I don''t know what the hell I''m looking for. It has to be around a half carat and she wants it to be white and if she see''s one inclusion I am a gonner. (My Fault) I should have never told her the difference between the clarity and color.

So yeah, my budget is around 2- 2500, I make 19,080 a year with 2 kids, so I can''t go much more then that. The setting will cost me around 500-800 if I remember right, they have a complete ring HERE of the exact setting I''m getting from a place in town I trust. Kays have it on sale for 2200 but the sales lady told me it was a SI1 with G color, when i got about 5 inches from it I could see a solid yellowish ball in the lower left hand corner closer to the center and a considerable amount of what looked like fractures in the upper right. After I told her this, she looked at it under the scope and said I was exactly right, she appologised and I told her I would be looking elseware.

Basicly I need something around .5 that is super eye clean or better with no yellow noticable for around 1.5 to 2k. I''ve seen some on whiteflash and other sites, but this woman is so anal that I can''t just trust this decision to myself, so I seek the professionals, ok, /end rant, shes in the driveway.

Clarity SI1? - VV1
Color D-G?
Price 1.5-2k
Must be as perfect as possible because she is anal and knows what to look for now because of me!

Any help would be great, what I can figure out now will help me later. Our dating anniversary is on the 9th of Feb, so I would like to propose sometime during this month.

Kim N

Ideal_Rock
Premium

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
I just did a quick search on Whiteflash.com and found quite a few .5 stones in your parameters starting around $1350-$1450. Here''s a G VS2 for $1425: http://whiteflash.com/aca_princess/A-Cut-Above-Princess-cut-diamond-159861.htm
There''s also G SI1 for $1323. (You just have to ask and make sure it''s eyeclean.)

These are for their "A Cut Above" ideal cut princesses and they look amazing from photographs I''ve seen posted here. There are also quite a few reasonable settings on their website. A plain white gold princess setting is $262 and white gold settings with channel set side diamonds are around $795-1200. I''m sure there are plenty of other Pricescope vendors with good stuff, too.

Good luck!

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Ok, I''m an amature at best, but I poked around a little and found this at James Allen

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?cid=58&module=diamond&item=947306

for $1530 and they have a very similar setting here:

http://www.jamesallen.com/engagement-rings/settings-with-sidestones.asp?pos=1&cid=58&module=setting&item=1084
for $905. The picture shows round side stones but the description says princess- might be worth calling them.

Which is $2435 before the wire transfer discount.

calcaver

Rough_Rock
Date: 1/30/2007 10:40:06 PM
Author:Pvt. Joker
Ok, I've been lurking for the last year on this site trying to get the best idea of what is best to get for a diamond. I've been looking at the round diamonds this whole time and when she went out with friends the other day, they told me that she was all about a PRINCESS!!! I don't know what the hell I'm looking for. It has to be around a half carat and she wants it to be white and if she see's one inclusion I am a gonner. (My Fault) I should have never told her the difference between the clarity and color.

So yeah, my budget is around 2- 2500, I make 19,080 a year with 2 kids, so I can't go much more then that.
Basicly I need something around .5 that is super eye clean or better with no yellow noticable for around 1.5 to 2k.

Pvt. Joker,

Your name id aside, is this a joke? A person with 2 kids and $20,000/year of income wants to spend up to $2500/$20,000 = 12.5 percent of your income on a ring? My guess is you do not have a lot of extra income for items other than housing, food, medical care, transportation, and clothing. Unless you expect your future income to increase, spending 12% of your income on a ring is not the best way for your GF to impress her friends. I would think about cubic zirconium (CZ) --only you and your GF will know--and upgrade to a diamond later when you have the income.

I know this is not the answer you are looking for, but I cannot believe the amount some of the people on PS spend on a diamond. Think about what you COULD do with that money: attend a local community college, feed your kids, save for a house, etc. I am not trying to belittle you, but spending 12 percent of your limited income on a ring just does not seem very wise.

Yeah, this should be the discussion of its own thread.

Paul

Eva17

Brilliant_Rock
this forum is great. i love the way others actually take the time to find and recommend choices for posters that need assistance.

Pvt. Joker

Rough_Rock
Thanks guys, this really helps speed things up for me, it really helps because I've been looking at the hearts and arrow rounds for so long that the princess diamonds are hard for me to decide what is right as the cut is so different.

As for calcaver, I appologise for the questionable name, but I've used it since I was 17 years old and an avid video gamer. I've been on many forums, thus the reason for the crazy composition of my speetch. Its a handle I just can't let go. What I faild to mention is that the 20k a year is my GUARANTEED yearly income, whereas my friend and I buy, fix and sell rebuildables when we have the time. One car = 5-10k profit to be split between us but its too sketchy to base a major purchase off of it.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results