shape
carat
color
clarity

Shank CAD help

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I am working with DK to set my antique cut pear and oecs. It is collet inspired. This will be my first halo and my first collet ring so pretty nervous!! I think I have decided on the main parts but I am not sure how I feel about the band.
A thin shank is always my go to option. It is safe and timeless but I just don't know if it jives with the inspiration style and the asymmetrical shape of the pear. I am not going to be stacking it with other rings so I feel it can be a little thicker or more ornate but will it be too much? I was thinking of a small split shank maybe or thicker near the oecs and then tapers? Change it, leave it, ideas? Feedback on anything else that I need to think about?

1631206335474.jpeg 1631210180490.jpeg 1631207104680.png 1631207692632.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Forgot to attach the actual stones that I am using. 849362

ecf8503

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Split shank!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I second the split shank. Your sidestones have prongs right where the splits would organically align to and flow beautifully.

Are you open to other questions about the design besides the shank?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I second the split shank. Your sidestones have prongs right where the splits would organically align to and flow beautifully.

Are you open to other questions about the design besides the shank?
Yes definitely open to more suggestions....it's now or never

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Definitely, split shank! This ring screams for it!

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Yes definitely open to more suggestions....it's now or never
Ok. I’m going to do some assuming :)
I don’t see as I look at your photo, your gorgeous pear as having a flat square butt. The cad shows the halo lineup to be a bit squarish. I’m assuming the two larger halo stones are there to get correct coverage.
ive mocked up the difference it will make in just bumping out the two bottom halo stones a bit for a rounder curve. And really- it’s not that much bumped out, as you can see the space isn’t much spaced out from the stone at the bottom now, than it is at the pear tip.
the second mock-up I just colored in the space that was made by bumping out the two stones.
B531E81F-38BA-4BBA-8DD2-C9707C76F9F0.png F8BFF694-831D-45EC-96A0-3F7FE4552D46.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Ok. I’m going to do some assuming :)
I don’t see as I look at your photo, your gorgeous pear as having a flat square butt. The cad shows the halo lineup to be a bit squarish. I’m assuming the two larger halo stones are there to get correct coverage.
ive mocked up the difference it will make in just bumping out the two bottom halo stones a bit for a rounder curve. And really- it’s not that much bumped out, as you can see the space isn’t much spaced out from the stone at the bottom now, than it is at the pear tip.
the second mock-up I just colored in the space that was made by bumping out the two stones.
B531E81F-38BA-4BBA-8DD2-C9707C76F9F0.png F8BFF694-831D-45EC-96A0-3F7FE4552D46.png
Thank you!! Sharp eye!! I actually had DK put in the two bigger melee in the corner so the halo would be a squarer flat bottom...not so rounded. This was the previous CAD. I do like the change that you made... still squarish but slightly rounded. Thank you.
1631226520994.jpeg

Cerulean

Ideal_Rock
Another vote for split shank

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you!! Sharp eye!! I actually had DK put in the two bigger melee in the corner so the halo would be a squarer flat bottom...not so rounded. This was the previous CAD. I do like the change that you made... still squarish but slightly rounded. Thank you.
1631226520994.jpeg

I like the halo change you made better, than the first cad’s look FWIW.

also - is five prongs on those same two halo stones as opposed to six prongs on all the other halo stones a conscious choice?

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
I like the halo change you made better, than the first cad’s look FWIW.

also - is five prongs on those same two halo stones as opposed to six prongs on all the other halo stones a conscious choice?

Good catch. I didn't even noticed that.... and I have been staring at it!! I will let DK know. Thank you again!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Just came across this ring that belongs to @fiona00004 and has a nice split shank on it. FYI...this is a CVD design.
snip 1.png

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
Got the revised CAD from DK today. What do you guys think @tyty333 @Rfisher @Cerulean and any/all PSer? Changed the size on the bottom melee so the pear will have a nice curvy bottom, changed it into a split shank. Anything else I missed?

I have to decide on the metal too. Do you think yellow gold with platinum baskets/collar and black rhodium plating? Or should I go all platinum and black rhodium plating? I feel like the collet looks needs to be in yellow gold, what do you guys think? HELP please =)2 and thank you in advance. 1631578056617.jpeg

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Looks gorgeous! :love:

Lookinagain

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's beautiful. I saw it posted by DK and loved it when I saw it but didn't realize it was yours. So glad it is.

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
It's beautiful. I saw it posted by DK and loved it when I saw it but didn't realize it was yours. So glad it is.
Thank you. I just love it!! I wish I made the collet bolder!! I've been playing with it and it is so much harder to photograph compared to the avcs. Managed to take a photo of the two rings together..... which was harder to do than I thought it would be coz the camera just could not focus on both rings at the same time.

1637284418660.png

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
And I missed this whole thing.
How? I have no idea, but I want to speak with the manager...
Dying! I could just smack you, I'm so taken with it :kiss2::lol:

:love:LOVE:love:

Diamondbug

Brilliant_Rock
And I missed this whole thing.
How? I have no idea, but I want to speak with the manager...
Dying! I could just smack you, I'm so taken with it :kiss2::lol:

:love:LOVE:love:

You snooze you lose baby!! Hahaha just kidding. Thank you, I'm smitten too. It's my first collet ring. I've been admiring and lusting over collets pieces for a couple of years but was nervous to take the leap but now that I have one, I'm so in love. Very different than my other rings.

Last edited:

ItsMainelyYou

Ideal_Rock
Don't you make me style my hair all Karen, looking for a video! :lol-2:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results