shape
carat
color
clarity

Shame on you Macy''s !!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
I don''t shop Macy''s very often. But on Black Friday I was in Macys with my daughter looking for a coat for my neice. It just happened that
my daughter saw a Guess wool coat she loved and it fit her perfectly. I thought ok, it''s on the half price rack and she could use it.
The price tag had a "sticker" on it that read $280.00. My final price was 131.00. Less than half, so great. Later Friday night I was searching Nordstroms for
the coat I should have bought for my neice. Low and behold, I see the same Guess coat for 128.00 !! Nordstroms full price.!! I feel Macys upped the retail price,
and then advertised the coat as on sale. I feel duped! I emailed Macy''s with a scathing letter. I hope I never have to shop in there again. Should I report this to the BBB ?
Thanks for letting me Vent!!

Haven

Super_Ideal_Rock
I hate Macy''s for many reasons, and this is one of them.

I refuse to shop there. I had a horrible experience with them last spring, and that was the last time I bought anything there.

Nordstrom''s, however, if they sell it, I''m buying it there. Best. Store. Ever.

anyname

Shiny_Rock
oh thank god, i thought i was the only one that macy was conspiring against! I hate them with the fire of a thousand suns. I bought a couch from them and it took TWO months to deliver, after many calls they apologized and said they would be sending me a gift certificate, i''m still waiting on the GC AND my macy''s credit card, which i''m canceling anyway cause I just can''t stand them. They got my mailing address wrong so I never got any of the bills, after i called and corrected it they STILL DIDN''T GET IT RIGHT! UGH, i''m soooo done with them!
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif
29.gif

sbde

Brilliant_Rock
wow - that is unbelievable! all the more reason to comparison shop online

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
I''ve shopped at Macy''s for years and haven''t had any significant problems. There are only a things that bugs me about them. . .for example they now will not accept returns on some items, like premium jeans, unless the tags are still on. Another thing that DOES bug me is literally 1/4 of the front section of the Newspaper is filled with full-page ads and coupons. Every week there are $10 off $25 purchases that are made before 1 pm. Everything is triple marked down and they push their continuous sales like that particular sale has deals of a lifttime.

Oh, also I hate when I get "stars rewards" coupons and the only way I get the discount is if I use my Macy''s card, which I haven''t used in almost a year. I guess I should use it, though, just to keep it active?

In your case, I would write the complaint letter, but as far as the BBB, will they do anything?

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/29/2008 5:49:59 PM
Author: Haven
I hate Macy's for many reasons, and this is one of them.

I refuse to shop there. I had a horrible experience with them last spring, and that was the last time I bought anything there.

Nordstrom's, however, if they sell it, I'm buying it there. Best. Store. Ever.
What happened with your Macy's experience?

I shop at Nordstrom a lot and recently applied there and given a phone interview and was appauled by the questions asked. They pretend to be all about the customers and customer service, but the questions the HR lady asked were all about how I'd push items on customers and she wanted examples of how I'd approach those entering my dept. and how I'd lure them in. It was horrifying and seeing their perspective and greed had lowered my opinion of them. I guess all retailers are that way
7.gif
Nordstrom isn't any better than the rest of them.

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
this is what i suspect happened...the coat was returned and an inexperianced person slapped a retail on the new sales tag that wasnt the regular manufacture retail price...i would call the store and ask a manager (without revealing any prices )and ask what it would cost to get another one and see if they tell you 280 or 128....if they say 280 then you are right to feel taken and if 128 then ask to have the sale re-rung with the correct sale price.Good luck on the investigation.

monarch64

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/1/2008 12:42:18 PM
Author: jewelerman
this is what i suspect happened...the coat was returned and an inexperianced person slapped a retail on the new sales tag that wasnt the regular manufacture retail price...i would call the store and ask a manager (without revealing any prices )and ask what it would cost to get another one and see if they tell you 280 or 128....if they say 280 then you are right to feel taken and if 128 then ask to have the sale re-rung with the correct sale price.Good luck on the investigation.
I totally agree. Having worked in retail for many years, I''ve seen mistakes like that occur from time to time. This time of year with associates who are seasonal and not really trained to ticket items this is the sort of thing that happens. As a customer it would still infuriate me, though.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 1:36:28 PM
Author: monarch64

Date: 12/1/2008 12:42:18 PM
Author: jewelerman
I totally agree. Having worked in retail for many years, I''ve seen mistakes like that occur from time to time. This time of year with associates who are seasonal and not really trained to ticket items this is the sort of thing that happens. As a customer it would still infuriate me, though.
Good points - I will do exactly that. What bothers me the most was the price tag had a price sticker covering up the price that was printed on the hang tag.
The font on the price sticker was bolder and darker than the type/print on the hang tag. It''s obvious the price sticker was printed, then stuck on the tag, over the
printed price on the tag.

Dreamgirl

Ideal_Rock
I''ve never had a problem with Macy''s. I love Macy''s......

Sorry you had a bad experience, I can relate to you getting upet anyhow because I would be upset myself.

elle_chris

Ideal_Rock
I too have a rather ridiculous MACY''S story.

A few years ago, they had a huge shoe sale. My husband who only wears a certain pair of Kenneth Cole shoes for work needed a new pair. We usually just go the the Kenneth Cole store here but since I was at Macy''s and they had the shoes there for half the price, i fgured why not get them.

I was told the ONLY person that had the key to the backroom where the shoes are kept was out to lunch but he''d be back in half an hour. I could wait or come back later to pick them up. Ok, no biggie. I left and figured it was better this way as I want him to try them on anyway. If they fit, we can get a few pairs.

I made my husband leave work at 5 (that''s early for him), to meet me in Brooklyn (we live in the city) so he can get his shoes. So we get there and low and behold, the guy that has the key never came back from lunch. No one can get in. The manager of that dept. wasn''t in that day, everyone''s all confused. No one knows what to do because I just wouldn''t let it go. I kept going "explain to me how you can have a shoe sale with NO shoes." We never did get hsi shoes.

They gave me a number to call and complain which I did. We got a lousy $50 gift certificate.

SarahLovesJS

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 4:11:25 PM
Author: Dreamgirl
I''ve never had a problem with Macy''s. I love Macy''s......

Sorry you had a bad experience, I can relate to you getting upet anyhow because I would be upset myself.

Ditto. I
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Macy''s..no problems here, but man that would make me mad! Sorry to hear this happened.
7.gif

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macy's also suuuuuuuuuucks in the credit card department. My husband opened an account in May to get the day-you-open-a-macy's-card discount on his wedding suit, put his suit on the card, paid the bill the day it came, and hasn't used the card since. He got a bill two months later stating that he'd never paid the first one and that there was now a late fee. He called their CS and was told that it was a blip in their system and that they'd take care of it. A month after that he got another bill with additional late charges, so he called AGAIN and made the CS rep tell him that it was completely taken care of before he'd hang up with him.

He checked his credit score last week and, lo and behold, he has MULTIPLE late charges listed from Macy's which significantly hurts his otherwise stellar credit score.
38.gif

SOOOOOO not worth the additional 10% off his suit (or whatever it was). Sheesh.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
Well, I got a reply from Customer Service telling me the store mgr. would contact me soon.
I haven''t heard one word.
I''m not surprised.

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 12/3/2008 3:19:34 PM
Author: musey
Macy''s also suuuuuuuuuucks in the credit card department. My husband opened an account in May to get the day-you-open-a-macy''s-card discount on his wedding suit, put his suit on the card, paid the bill the day it came, and hasn''t used the card since. He got a bill two months later stating that he''d never paid the first one and that there was now a late fee. He called their CS and was told that it was a blip in their system and that they''d take care of it. A month after that he got another bill with additional late charges, so he called AGAIN and made the CS rep tell him that it was completely taken care of before he''d hang up with him.

He checked his credit score last week and, lo and behold, he has MULTIPLE late charges listed from Macy''s which significantly hurts his otherwise stellar credit score.
38.gif

Your husband can contest the erroneous information on his credit report. There are instructions on the credit report indicating how to contest the error. Absent a response from Macy''s, the error should be removed from his report.

Kaleigh

Super_Ideal_Rock
I had a bad experience with them today. I love the people that work there, they have a great Sales associates. This store used to be another department store, was bought by Macy''s. The employees stayed on. But trying to order something from another store is a down right nightmare. I had to go to management. They were useless. Went home with the printout to order it myself, on my dime. Couldn''t do it online. I spent half the afternoon tracking down what I wanted, got put on hold countless times, even was disconnected. OY. Never again.
20.gif

diamondfan

Super_Ideal_Rock
What kills me is in a bad economy they still don''t seem to give a rat''s butt about providing good service. It is ludicrous to me that someone should have to work so hard to get something done or to buy something. Also, in many stores, no one ever answers the phone and it just rings and rings endlessly. Then these stores wonder why customers are not clamoring to spend money there.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 11:13:20 PM
Author: diamondfan
What kills me is in a bad economy they still don''t seem to give a rat''s butt about providing good service. It is ludicrous to me that someone should have to work so hard to get something done or to buy something. Also, in many stores, no one ever answers the phone and it just rings and rings endlessly. Then these stores wonder why customers are not clamoring to spend money there.

That''s why we like Bergdorf''s!

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/3/2008 10:01:12 PM
Author: Loves Vintage
Date: 12/3/2008 3:19:34 PM
Author: musey
Macy's also suuuuuuuuuucks in the credit card department. My husband opened an account in May to get the day-you-open-a-macy's-card discount on his wedding suit, put his suit on the card, paid the bill the day it came, and hasn't used the card since. He got a bill two months later stating that he'd never paid the first one and that there was now a late fee. He called their CS and was told that it was a blip in their system and that they'd take care of it. A month after that he got another bill with additional late charges, so he called AGAIN and made the CS rep tell him that it was completely taken care of before he'd hang up with him.

He checked his credit score last week and, lo and behold, he has MULTIPLE late charges listed from Macy's which significantly hurts his otherwise stellar credit score.
38.gif

Your husband can contest the erroneous information on his credit report. There are instructions on the credit report indicating how to contest the error. Absent a response from Macy's, the error should be removed from his report.
Oh yes, I know--we wouldn't just leave it on there. My point wasn't that his credit score was permanently damaged, it was only that they are obviously very lacking in their ability to handle issues with their credit cards. He was told more than once that it was taken care of (not just that it would be, he was assured that it was done and fixed) and it still wasn't. Not okay in my book.

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Macy''s does this a lot and Hecht''s (sp?) used to do it, too. My mom busted both places several times jacking up the prices on certain items she had looked at previously and then "marking them down." Wack.

The only department store I ever really shop at is Nordstrom, and I sometimes check out the sales at Saks. I''ve never had a good experience at any of the other department stores!

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/1/2008 12:16:26 PM
Author: MC

Date: 11/29/2008 5:49:59 PM
Author: Haven
I hate Macy''s for many reasons, and this is one of them.

Nordstrom''s, however, if they sell it, I''m buying it there. Best. Store. Ever.
What happened with your Macy''s experience?

I shop at Nordstrom a lot and recently applied there and given a phone interview and was appauled by the questions asked. They pretend to be all about the customers and customer service, but the questions the HR lady asked were all about how I''d push items on customers and she wanted examples of how I''d approach those entering my dept. and how I''d lure them in. It was horrifying and seeing their perspective and greed had lowered my opinion of them. I guess all retailers are that way
7.gif
Nordstrom isn''t any better than the rest of them.
Well, they are in the business of selling things, MC!
2.gif
Of course they want to know how a salesperson will make sales! If they didn''t have good salespeople they wouldn''t be in business!

I think half the reason their customer service is so great is that their salespeople work on commission. It doesn''t bother me because they''ve always bent over backwards to make me happy!

MichelleCarmen

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 3:07:58 PM
Author: thing2of2

2.gif
Of course they want to know how a salesperson will make sales! If they didn''t have good salespeople they wouldn''t be in business!

I think half the reason their customer service is so great is that their salespeople work on commission. It doesn''t bother me because they''ve always bent over backwards to make me happy!
Yep, true! I''m glad the job wouldn''t have worked out for me - I heard they accomodated different scheduals, but they wanted me to work nights and I''d never see my kids if I did so. Actually working there would have sucked! Seems like retail would be a nightmare. lol

~*Alexis*~

Brilliant_Rock
i used to work at Kohls in college and the way to get around this is to use your card, get your discount and then make a payment right away for the exact same amount. I used to tell people to do that all the time anyways. They loved me for it....my manager...not so much...they want you to make the purchase on the card so they get the APR...
Date: 12/1/2008 12:11:43 PM
I''ve shopped at Macy''s for years and haven''t had any significant problems. There are only a things that bugs me about them. . .for example they now will not accept returns on some items, like premium jeans, unless the tags are still on. Another thing that DOES bug me is literally 1/4 of the front section of the Newspaper is filled with full-page ads and coupons. Every week there are $10 off $25 purchases that are made before 1 pm. Everything is triple marked down and they push their continuous sales like that particular sale has deals of a lifttime.

Oh, also I hate when I get ''stars rewards'' coupons and the only way I get the discount is if I use my Macy''s card, which I haven''t used in almost a year. I guess I should use it, though, just to keep it active?

In your case, I would write the complaint letter, but as far as the BBB, will they do anything?

Loves Vintage

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I actually L
30.gif
VE Macy''s. It''s the best department store we have in any of the malls within driving distance of us. Haven''t had any problems, but would certainly be irritated if I ran into the same circumstance as Bebe.

bebe

Ideal_Rock
In my Macy''s they don''t answer the phone because they are too busy chit chatting amongst themselves. Just yesterday I was making a return at the return/customer service window of Kohls. The clerk was on her cell, an obvious personal call. I stood there until she decided her job was more important than her phone call!

Another gripe of mine, is the lack of manners displayed by sales associates to customers. Especially when you have to move out of their way!! I gringe when I feel forced to get out
of their way. Why don''t they go around? This happened to me yesterday in Toys R Us, numerous times. It happens often in Target, Wal-Mart and even the grocery stores.

Back to my original post. The Mgr. of Macy''s emailed me and asked me to call. Guess what - it just rings and then a prompt to leave a voicemail. Geez! But I will not give up.

pennquaker09

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 3:49:14 PM
Author: bebe

In my Macy''s they don''t answer the phone because they are too busy chit chatting amongst themselves. Just yesterday I was making a return at the return/customer service window of Kohls. The clerk was on her cell, an obvious personal call. I stood there until she decided her job was more important than her phone call!

Another gripe of mine, is the lack of manners displayed by sales associates to customers. Especially when you have to move out of their way!! I gringe when I feel forced to get out

of their way. Why don''t they go around? This happened to me yesterday in Toys R Us, numerous times. It happens often in Target, Wal-Mart and even the grocery stores.

Back to my original post. The Mgr. of Macy''s emailed me and asked me to call. Guess what - it just rings and then a prompt to leave a voicemail. Geez! But I will not give up.

I''m thankful that I worked in retail and I can say sometimes. customers think they are in the right, and they are so totally wrong. Even when I go out shopping, I notice way more rude customers than sales associates.

Allisonfaye

Brilliant_Rock
All of these are the reasons I haven''t set foot in Macy''s in years. I started going to Neiman Marcus a few years ago and I can''t go back. I can''t shop at NM anymore now with the economy but I will not go back to Macy''s EVER. I would rather buy nothing than put up with that lousy service.

musey

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 3:28:36 PM
Author: ~*Alexis*~
i used to work at Kohls in college and the way to get around this is to use your card, get your discount and then make a payment right away for the exact same amount. I used to tell people to do that all the time anyways. They loved me for it....my manager...not so much...they want you to make the purchase on the card so they get the APR...
See my above post on how that can backfire
20.gif
20.gif

Besides, isn''t that how everyone uses all credit cards? Purchasing then paying the same amount
33.gif

iheartscience

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 3:19:08 PM
Date: 12/4/2008 3:07:58 PM

Author: thing2of2

2.gif

Yep, true! I''m glad the job wouldn''t have worked out for me - I heard they accomodated different scheduals, but they wanted me to work nights and I''d never see my kids if I did so. Actually working there would have sucked! Seems like retail would be a nightmare. lol

Yeah, my friend applied there but she was in school and they wanted her to work a lot of hours so it didn''t really work for her schedule, either. They basically want you to be available always, which as a former clothing store manager I understand, but as an employee...not so much! And yep, working retail (especially at the mall) really does suck! So you''re not missing much!
3.gif

P.S. I think their discount is only 25%...which doesn''t impress me much! Most stores give you at least 30-40% off! And at one store I worked at we got 65% off! Now that''s an employee discount!

jewelerman

Ideal_Rock
Date: 12/4/2008 5:27:10 PM
Author: pennquaker09

Date: 12/4/2008 3:49:14 PM
Author: bebe

I''m thankful that I worked in retail and I can say sometimes. customers think they are in the right, and they are so totally wrong. Even when I go out shopping, I notice way more rude customers than sales associates.
I have learned to be very outspoken when rudeness is the issue...if a salesperson is on a personal phone when i need assistance i have no problems asking them to stop and get me the manager to help me...if i wont put up with it as a manager on the sales floor then I WONT AS A PAYING CUSTOMER...I also wont let a salesperson be belittled by a customer...ive requested that a manager step in when customers get rude at stores with sales associates.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results