shape
carat
color
clarity

Shall I hit 'buy' on this diamond?

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Get an idealscope image to confirm performance. B2C has those. Put the diamond on hold in the meantime.
Great buy, great numbers, lots of size at a great price. But you need an idealscope image.

Once you have that... you'll be set! Here is information about the idealscope. https://www.pricescope.com/wiki/diamonds/firescope-idealscope

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sorry I missed your post about this stone earlier. I'm glad that it is eye-clean. I would mention to B2C that you are buying from overseas and to please let you know if they have any reservations about the stone, as it would be a big inconvenience if you felt like you had to return it.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Sound advice again thank you, I've asked both questions and will report back with image and responses when received! Thought it was better to start a new thread so I could capture your attention again!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
JulieN|1401869222|3686175 said:
Sorry I missed your post about this stone earlier. I'm glad that it is eye-clean. I would mention to B2C that you are buying from overseas and to please let you know if they have any reservations about the stone, as it would be a big inconvenience if you felt like you had to return it.

Ditto Julie, just double check the twinning wisp and cloud inclusions aren't causing a loss of brilliance and that the feather is also not an issue, if eye clean to your standards this could be a cracking big diamond! Please post the image when you have it, then we can go from there.

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The primary inclusion is a rather large feather that appears to possibly reach the girdle. This would rule out the stone for me unless they can say that the feather does not reach the surface of the stone and it is not visible from the top or the sides of the stone.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Thanks DS. Looks like this diamond has sold overnight and they didnt put it on hold for me, this is the issue I guess with being in a different time zone and sending emails. So back to the drawing board...

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh, I'm sooo sorry! Reminder to not post stones with direct links on PS until it is on hold.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Yeah damn guess I learnt the hard way! Lucky I am in no rush so will start the process again. I've just written to B2c to check its not saying no longer avail because they did receive my request to be on hold

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Not holding this but interested if b2c second option any good, depth/table seem to high initially. Not holding this stone as a lil annoyed with them when I had asked to hold the previous, if it goes it goes...is it as good? I'm feelings a lil blue about purchasing from b2c. To be honest. Their response was it was sold out in a split second before my hold..anyhow here is there suggestion...

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5053148-2.35-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1401909574|3686515 said:
Thanks DS. Looks like this diamond has sold overnight and they didnt put it on hold for me, this is the issue I guess with being in a different time zone and sending emails. So back to the drawing board...

I am so sorry Ilove, I guess it wasn't the one. Maybe team, as Jules suggests, we need to mention especially with big stones that it's best to place them on hold before direct linking here.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1401964012|3686898 said:
Not holding this but interested if b2c second option any good, depth/table seem to high initially. Not holding this stone as a lil annoyed with them when I had asked to hold the previous, if it goes it goes...is it as good? I'm feelings a lil blue about purchasing from b2c. To be honest. Their response was it was sold out in a split second before my hold..anyhow here is there suggestion...

http://www.b2cjewels.com/dd-5053148-2.35-carat-Round-diamond-J-color-SI1-clarity.aspx

Sorry, I wouldn't go for this one Ilove, not worried about the depth and table so much but the pavilion angle is pretty steep, in a J colour, colour entrapment could be a real issue and the stone could look warmer than it should, plus light leakage could be an issue from the pavilion anyway but coupled with the crown, not a great combination.

Hang in there, the right stone will come along!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have found another that might suit, let me know if you want me to post the details. :tongue:

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Hi OP and GM Lorelei! I have a couple suggestions too but don't want to post till you're ready...

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvdajules|1401976256|3686994 said:
Hi OP and GM Lorelei! I have a couple suggestions too but don't want to post till you're ready...

'Morning Luvda! :wavey:

That's great you have some ideas too! I have found a few more but I am leery until I get a green light from the OP just in case... :Up_to_something: I really want Ilove to get the diamond of her dreams in the size she really wants, I am confident we can do it!

luvdajules

Brilliant_Rock
Me too, Lorelei! Just got back from errands so I'm good to go if our OP shows up again this afternoon. I usually don't suggest stones but I'm going to try it out since I think I have a feel for what she's looking for, and her priorities.

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
luvdajules|1401986222|3687060 said:
Me too, Lorelei! Just got back from errands so I'm good to go if our OP shows up again this afternoon. I usually don't suggest stones but I'm going to try it out since I think I have a feel for what she's looking for, and her priorities.

Luvda, you go right ahead and post any suggestions you might have when the OP shows up, it's good to think outside the box a little! Between us all we might just hit a home run for her! I have a couple of wild cards myself but you never know.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
You guys have made me laugh and brighten my morming! You are so kind! I'm not too worried and know there are plenty of other options out there! If you can hold off on your suggestions as I've asked a couple of local companies in NZ to provide some suggestions so I might share these with you and see what you think before looking overseas again.

Thanks for all your help to date :)

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1402003166|3687241 said:
You guys have made me laugh and brighten my morming! You are so kind! I'm not too worried and know there are plenty of other options out there! If you can hold off on your suggestions as I've asked a couple of local companies in NZ to provide some suggestions so I might share these with you and see what you think before looking overseas again.

Thanks for all your help to date :)

I am glad we brightened your morning, I was so upset for you when that diamond sold but when that happens, there is always a reason I believe, it wasn't the one :)) . No problem, I have a draft saved with some selections should we need them, keep us posted with what your local companies come up with. See if they can source AGS0 and GIA Excellent cut grade, run the GIA Ex contenders through the Holloway Cut Advisor, see which score below 2 in order to concentrate on those, diamonds scoring between 2 and 3 also might be worth consideration.

https://www.pricescope.com/tools/hca

Stephny691

Shiny_Rock
When I searching for a diamond my original choice got sniped because I linked it here and everyone voted yes for it. I didn't give it a second thought because my diamond is MUCH smaller than yours and didn't think someone would snipe a smaller diamond...wrong!

Anyway- long story short, the stone I got was better than the one I originally had my eye on.

So don't be too upset that you didn't get this one, you'll find your stone!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Stephny691|1402047630|3687621 said:
When I searching for a diamond my original choice got sniped because I linked it here and everyone voted yes for it. I didn't give it a second thought because my diamond is MUCH smaller than yours and didn't think someone would snipe a smaller diamond...wrong!

Anyway- long story short, the stone I got was better than the one I originally had my eye on.

So don't be too upset that you didn't get this one, you'll find your stone!

I'm sorry it happened to you too Steph, I am getting back into the flow of things here now and although I wasn't sure if this was still happening as much, it appears it might be, especially with bigger diamonds. Also diamonds are selling every minute all over the world, it could be someone that has never heard of Pricescope has purchased the stone you want, just bad luck.

I would say to anyone seriously thinking about a diamond for purchase, either reserve it before directly linking to it here, or alternatively, just post any pertinent information such as the report and any images. It won't necessarily protect any stone given the thumbs up on the forums, but it might make finding such diamonds a bit more difficult.

I can remember some really crazy times here during Holidays, stones were being grabbed left right and centre, especially one winter Holiday period, but I loved every minute of helping out, we were kept extremely busy!!

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Still waiting for NZ responses, an overseas vendor suggested this - something to ask your opinion on while we await Nz stones

Carat 2.0
Cut excellent Gia
Colour I
Clarity SI1
Depth 59.4
Table 60.0
Polish ex
Symmetry ex
Girdle M
Cutlet none
Flour med
8.21 x 8.24 x 4.89
Crown 32.5
PAv 41.0

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1402130353|3688333 said:
Still waiting for NZ responses, an overseas vendor suggested this - something to ask your opinion on while we await Nz stones

Carat 2.0
Cut excellent Gia
Colour I
Clarity SI1
Depth 59.4
Table 60.0
Polish ex
Symmetry ex
Girdle M
Cutlet none
Flour med
8.21 x 8.24 x 4.89
Crown 32.5
PAv 41.0

Hi Ilove,

This diamond looks promising, it's what we call a 60 60 make, 60 depth/ 60 table. These can be beautiful diamonds and some really like the look of them, if well cut they can be bright and brilliant diamonds. This one has a good angle combo, the crown is a bit more shallow than those of the top make superideals we often see here but that isn't necessarily a problem, it might lend itself more to brilliance rather than fire, but this is speculation on my part. If the overall cut precision is good and it is eye clean to your specifications, it might definitely be worth shortlisting but an image is needed in order to gain any meaningful info, can the seller supply an Idealscope image? Med fluorescence if blue ( just check) can be a nice feature I believe in an I colour. It would be useful to know which inclusions are setting the grade too if you could post that info please and also for completeness, it's good to have the star and lower girdle facet info also, you will find that info on the diamond outline which lists the proportions.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
I was just reading up on 60/60 and thought I'd check in to see if anyone had responded!
There is no ideal scope image, he doesn't have the apparatus. Hopefully the image below helps with the questions, will upload now. (First upload on ps so bare with!)

_18958.jpg

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1402135380|3688343 said:
I was just reading up on 60/60 and thought I'd check in to see if anyone had responded!
There is no ideal scope image, he doesn't have the apparatus. Hopefully the image below helps with the questions, will upload now. (First upload on ps so bare with!)

It does help, thank you! I think the diamond is definitely worth further investigation, without an image we only have an outline and an estimate of how it might look and behave so no guarantees unfortunately, but I would say it's definitely worth further consideration pending seeing what else is available. Make sure to check the diamond is eye clean to your specifications and that the feather isn't a potential durability issue, rare in SI1 but no harm in making sure.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Here are some suggestions from a Kiwi jeweller, exchange rate is estimated, diamonds are more to buy here but when buying in US I need to add around 15% for exchange rate, then 16% for shipping, duty etc so prices may look high, but need to take into account it will cost me to land it in NZ around 30% more than what you pay.

All are GIA Triple ex, eye clean stones

1) US$16955
Measurements 7.91 - 7.95 x 4.79 mm
Carat Weight 1.86 carat
Color Grade I
Clarity Grade SI1
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 60.4 %
Table 59 %
Crown Angle 34.0°
Crown Height 14.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.6°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Girdle Medium to Slightly Thick, Faceted, 3.5%
Culet None

2) US$17000
Measurements 7.97 - 8.04 x 5.05 mm
Carat Weight 2.01 carat
Color Grade J
Clarity Grade SI1
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 63.1 %
Table 57 %
Crown Angle 36.5°
Crown Height 16.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Culet None
Fluorescence Faint

Having trouble with other GIA reports now wont load, but they are
2161133936 US$17500
5176413233 US$17500
2176413261 US$18300
2161133574 US$16300

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1402367698|3689869 said:
Here are some suggestions from a Kiwi jeweller, exchange rate is estimated, diamonds are more to buy here but when buying in US I need to add around 15% for exchange rate, then 16% for shipping, duty etc so prices may look high, but need to take into account it will cost me to land it in NZ around 30% more than what you pay.

All are GIA Triple ex, eye clean stones

1) US$16955
Measurements 7.91 - 7.95 x 4.79 mm
Carat Weight 1.86 carat
Color Grade I
Clarity Grade SI1
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 60.4 %
Table 59 %
Crown Angle 34.0°
Crown Height 14.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.6°
Pavilion Depth 43.0%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Culet None

2) US$17000
Measurements 7.97 - 8.04 x 5.05 mm
Carat Weight 2.01 carat
Color Grade J
Clarity Grade SI1
Cut Grade Excellent
Depth 63.1 %
Table 57 %
Crown Angle 36.5°
Crown Height 16.0%
Pavilion Angle 40.8°
Pavilion Depth 43.5%
Star Length 50%
Lower Half 80%
Culet None
Fluorescence Faint

Having trouble with other GIA reports now wont load, but they are
2161133936 US$17500 http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?reportno=2161133936&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&pagename=GIA%2FDispatcher&c=Page&cid=1355954554547

5176413233 US$17500 http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=5176413233

2176413261 US$18300 http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2176413261

2161133574 US$16300
http://www.gia.edu/cs/Satellite?pagename=GST%2FDispatcher&childpagename=GIA%2FPage%2FReportCheck&c=Page&cid=1355954554547&reportno=2161133574

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hi Ilove,

I added the report links for you so we can see the details. Now, without images as you are aware, it's a case of trying to pick the most promising out of the contenders based on a basic outline of each stone and considering the overall proportions, so we can't really state that any are going to be definitely suitable...It's rather like saying we want a Mercedes of a certain model and power, we have several cars that might fit the bill on paper but without photographs and a test drive, we can't know if any of the models have bad paintwork, dings or even run well! Having said that, there are some out of these selections that are definitely worth further investigation.

For me those are;

Numbers 1 and 2 that you originally posted and out of the GIA links, numbers ending in 261 and 574. With the SI clarities you would need to check carefully that they are eye clean to your standards and that the inclusions such as the twinning wisps, clouds and feathers weren't causing any performance related or durability issues. A couple of the diamonds are a little deeper than those superideals we normally see here but that might not be an issue at all. We do have the potential for some light leakage with some of these and also potential for obstruction with the first stone but an IS image would be needed to verify that and it might not be an issue anyway.

I do believe we are getting closer and to your jeweller's credit, he has picked out some diamonds with potential for you to consider, just no way of knowing with the info how well the proportions of each will work together.

Iloveblingnz

Rough_Rock
Lorelei, you put things so well! I love the car comparison. Have rq scope images for stones, they will be provided as I receive!! I am also awaitkng details on a local jeweller F stone that might be suitable so will keep in touch! Thank you to date, wish I had your details and gypsy/julie so i could slip a bottle of wine on your letterbox for your help, US a little far though!!

Lorelei

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Iloveblingnz|1402482693|3690748 said:
Lorelei, you put things so well! I love the car comparison. Have rq scope images for stones, they will be provided as I receive!! I am also awaitkng details on a local jeweller F stone that might be suitable so will keep in touch! Thank you to date, wish I had your details and gypsy/julie so i could slip a bottle of wine on your letterbox for your help, US a little far though!!

*blush* :halo: Thank you so much Ilove, I do find analogies to be helpful! That is so lovely of you to offer, thank you so much, all the thanks we need though is to see you happy, enjoying your wonderful new diamond, thank YOU for allowing us to share in your journey! :appl: When you get your ring, some photos would definitely be the order of the day, I know we will be desperate to see it!!

woohoo.gif

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results