shape
carat
color
clarity

SF Bay Area B&M?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Upgrading_finally

Rough_Rock
Hi Guys,

Seems like most of you folks are in NY. I''m in the Bay Area, CA. Do any of you suggest any decent B&M that I can go and check out stones in person? I''ve gotten a pretty good idea to what I want from reading here and talking to a few of you. THANKS!!

What I''m looking for:

1.18 - 1.22 Round
Ideal cut/AGS0/H&A - Basically a very well cut stone
H or better
SI1 or better
faint/med Florescence okay
EX/EX

Budget around $5500

I found one that I like and am getting extra info on:
http://www.virtcert.com/cgi/u/1012/v.cgistock=1255957&_s=1012&_p=sdf348gd743&_c=&_fs=1&prestock=

What do you all think?

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
If you're in the South Bay, Willow Glen in San Jose.

If you're close to SF, call Derco. They're in the Gift Center, so except for special holiday weekends they're only open on weekdays. Call ahead and they'll leave a pass for you out front. They have a really good reputation, if you're educated enough to know what to ask for, and their prices can be comparable to on-line dealers. They have Ekati diamonds as well.

photogold

Rough_Rock
Derco in San Francisco has a huge inventory of diamonds, many are unbranded ideal cuts. They may meet or beat your best internet price.

In the San Jose I would go to Joe Escobar Diamonds in on Hamilton Ave. and ask for Erik. The prices are close to what you would find on the internet, but their service is incredible. Salespeople are very knowledgable and non commissioned. You won'thave to worry about benchwork, they will do it right.

You can't go wrong with either

Upgrading_finally

Rough_Rock
Thanks! I will definitely check out Joe Escobar Diamonds since I'm in the S. Bay.

RE: Willow Glen, what is the store name? Maybe I can hit both stores this weekend
rolleyes.gif

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
I think it's Willow Glen Jewelers, or something like that. They carry Eightstars, I believe.

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
I heartily second Joe Escobar and Willow Glen...the WG location carries 8*'s so it is great to see them under the scope and determine if you like that look. It is a small store in the downtown area. Joe E is a GREAT store to look at and they have awesome branded settings too. The saleslady I spoke with was pretty good, a GIA GG and they also have a website (www.joeescobar.com) where they have a listing of their diamonds and prices. But no crown and pav angles so you will have to request those etc.

I would not bother with the Shane Co in Cupertino, even though their ads say they have the best deals and lowest prices. They had overpriced okay looking stones in my opinion, a 1.20 H SI was like $11k ...HA HA. Good laugh. They do have an amazing amount of settings though, if you are in the market.

There is also a store in Cupertino that sells HOF stones, I don't recall the name but I was considering checking them out. Look on www.heartsonfire.com and find a dealer in the area, they will be listed. If you have not seen a HOF, you should check it out, just as you would an 8* or another branded stone. Even if you don't want to buy a marked up brand...it will still help you figure out what type of look you like and get more familiar with what stones look like under the various scopes.

Thats all I can think of for now! Good luck!
1.gif

niceice

Brilliant_Rock

----------------
On 2/27/2003 5:39:30 PM Upgrading_finally wrote:
Thanks! I will definitely check out Joe Escobar Diamonds since I'm in the S. Bay.

RE: Willow Glen, what is the store name? Maybe I can hit both stores this weekend
rolleyes.gif
----------------
We have great respect for the people at Joe Escobar Diamonds! We don't know them personally, but they were the family jeweler for Todd's ex-wife prior to his entering the business (and again after his divorce 12 years ago) and have provided many of our South Bay clients with settings, service, appraisals, etc. and the word has been that they are great!

ccuheartnurse

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
I also recommend Joe Escobar & especially Erik Carlson. He has great pricing on semi-mounts & is very helpful.
appl.gif

Judy
:)

Upgrading_finally

Rough_Rock
Wow, thanks for all your help! I will ask for Erik when I get there. I only plan on looking at stones and buying online so I don't have to pay for overhead of a B&M and also tax! Unless they would work me an unbeatable deal...
naughty.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results