shape
carat
color
clarity

Sex and the City engagement ring???

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Anyone know what type of ring/diamond was given to "carrie" on Sex and the City by Aiden???

yellowrose

Rough_Rock
Here is the link for a copy of this ring
1.gif

http://www.ziamond.com/sexincity.html

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
i know yellowrose already answered that question, but if you like asschers, do a search on this website and check out www.royalasscher.com. royal asschers are branded stones, and look different than "carrie's" ring (which is an unbranded asscher, AKA square emerald cut), but in my own opnion royal asschers are much more "WOW".
although i am such a sucker for asschers so am kind of biased!
1.gif

also, to save you some headache (ive been looking for 3 months now) in my experience, asschers can look SO different from one another so i think it would be really really hard to buy something like that from an online retailer unless you weren't very picky and/or trusted the jeweler A LOT.
good luck and happy hunting!
1.gif

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Whats funny is I am going to get my gf an asscher cut. I decided about 6 months ago. So we were walking around, and she mentioned this awesome ring on sex and the city, and it also happened to be an asscher and I never saw the show.

Do you have any suggestions on a great cut for an asscher as far as dimensions go? Obviously you cannot go wrong with royal asscher, but is there a dealer you are working with?

Take care,
G

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
i am (hopefully) going to be getting a royal asscher (although it is out of my hands now)!
1.gif
but as a comparison we went to a local jeweler who was VERY accommodating. he had several asschers "memo"'d in for us to take a look at and they all looked SO different.
As far as tips for a "good" asscher cut...
You want to have the depth % larger than the table %. (this will make the stone look lots smaller but this is the more desired proportion) I think table should be in the 50's and depth in the 60's.
I dont know how picky you (or your girlfriend) is about the facet (sp?) pattern, but I love how the royal asscher really has eight sides and even if you look at the very center of the diamond you can still see eight (four of which look like triangles)
some generic asschers i have seen have this quality, and some just have four rectangles, which, in my opinion does not sparkle nearly as much. BUT it is totally possible that you could like that more (the calm simple pattern w/out so much sparkle).

i attached a pic of a royal asscher so you can see what i mean by the "triangles" in the center of the diamond.

hope that was helpful!

royalasscher.jpg

coarchitect

Rough_Rock
oh, and the jeweler we were working with is in colorado, so i dont think that will help you!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results