shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings idea for a Jeff White minty bluish/green cuprian tourmaline.

remetau

Rough_Rock
Hi everyone. Jeff finished a light cuprian tourmaline for me, and I was wanting to get some opinions on a setting or other setting ideas. I'm having him ship it off to David Klass for a custom setting, but haven't decided what that setting should be.
The stone is 2.77 ct. and 9.62 mm x 7.64 mm.

Screen grab from the video:
1601053904473.png

I was thinking of a setting like this in 18k rose gold:

1601054053396.png 1601054097710.png

Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
That’s a gorgeous stone!
And it will look lovely against his 18k rose. All rose or are you throwing in some white/platinum as well?

I think the inspo is pretty.

To my eye:
The side view - something is “off” to my eye about how the metal of the halo almost looks like a concave dish.
I’d also entertain using pear shape instead of rounds.
If rounds, the devil is in the details of the size used and what to do with the remaining surrounding metal.

Did you ever show your finished blue sapphire ring?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Pretty stone, thanks for sharing! :kiss2: :kiss2::kiss2:

And I like the inspiration setting in rose gold.

How about this one:

This is my white Zircon with blue Sapphire sides, and I believe it would work with your Tourmaline with some pinkish side stones in RG:

Looking forward to see your finished ring.

DK :))

remetau

Rough_Rock
That’s a gorgeous stone!
And it will look lovely against his 18k rose. All rose or are you throwing in some white/platinum as well?

I think the inspo is pretty.

To my eye:
The side view - something is “off” to my eye about how the metal of the halo almost looks like a concave dish.
I’d also entertain using pear shape instead of rounds.
If rounds, the devil is in the details of the size used and what to do with the remaining surrounding metal.

Did you ever show your finished blue sapphire ring?

It is quite a bright stone.
I hadn't planned on any white metal, but if it suits the setting I wouldn't be opposed.

I did wonder about the bowl and how it could be done differently.
I agree about the pear cuts and the metal. Not sure what to do there, but I do like the additional rose gold around the main stone.

I so want to finish the blue sapphire, but I didn't want to ship it from Granada. We were hoping to get back to the states, but I think we are putting that off a bit again. I occassionally take the sapphire with me in the jewel box of course just to admire it in different lighting.

In the mean time, I have this project and David setting the Asscher cut blue/green sapphire also cut by Jeff. I need to get out more and quit spending so much on stones. Sad part is that even when these are done, I won't actually see them until we get back.

remetau

Rough_Rock
Pretty stone, thanks for sharing! :kiss2: :kiss2::kiss2:

And I like the inspiration setting in rose gold.

How about this one:

This is my white Zircon with blue Sapphire sides, and I believe it would work with your Tourmaline with some pinkish side stones in RG:

Looking forward to see your finished ring.

DK :))

Thank you.

I have considered a 7 stone with 3 marquis cuts on the sides.

I like your Zircon ring. The setting reminds me of this ring of @elle_71125 https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/merelani-mint-garnet-ring.241740/. I've considered doing the exact same setting as hers with the oec sides. Is that tactless?

dk168

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

voce

Ideal_Rock
I'd love to see that minty green next to a vivid pink. I love the gallery of your seeing inspiration, but I like the top view of @dk168's setting inspiration better. I don't see why you can't ask for both if you wanted to!

Gorgeous stone by the way.

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ooh, your cuprian is gorgeous! The color is beautiful and the cutting is top notch (no surprise there...Jeff does amazing work). :love:

I attached a few ideas below. I love the idea of setting it in rose gold. I really think that will play up the color perfectly.

First, some low key settings...
1AE36422-4AAB-4E84-A47E-B7622FA39FB8.jpeg

A couple halo options. The top two are very similar but I like the definition of the left one more. I also like the way the petals point in the bottom right setting.
90ADC21E-2EB7-456A-BEB4-41FE0A29412C.jpeg

A few more...
FA3574C5-2499-4A42-A8E0-B62C1EEE2F94.jpeg

BTW, I have absolutely no problem with you using the design from my mint garnet ring if you so choose (see, I even used it above). :D It’s different from anything in my collection and I just adore it. It’s very comfortable to wear and has great finger coverage.

seaurchin

Ideal_Rock
Can't wait to see it!

remetau

Rough_Rock
Ooh, your cuprian is gorgeous! The color is beautiful and the cutting is top notch (no surprise there...Jeff does amazing work). :love:

I attached a few ideas below. I love the idea of setting it in rose gold. I really think that will play up the color perfectly.

A couple halo options. The top two are very similar but I like the definition of the left one more. I also like the way the petals point in the bottom right setting.

A few more...

BTW, I have absolutely no problem with you using the design from my mint garnet ring if you so choose (see, I even used it above). :D It’s different from anything in my collection and I just adore it. It’s very comfortable to wear and has great finger coverage.

Thanks Elle. So much to ponder.

remetau

Rough_Rock

A few more...

@elle_71125 , in your post, was the example in the last row on the left from a PS post? I like that halo, but can't seem to locate it.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium
@elle_71125 , in your post, was the example in the last row on the left from a PS post? I like that halo, but can't seem to locate it.

I believe the picture is of @ForteKitty
It is stunning!

I know DK has done more than one version of that halo - shown on his Instagram - but don’t know timeline

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a lovely bright stone! Definitely rose gold.

ForteKitty

Ideal_Rock
I believe the picture is of @ForteKitty
It is stunning!

I know DK has done more than one version of that halo - shown on his Instagram - but don’t know timeline

Yep, the one with the three stone is mine, I love that mounting. David Klass made it, they also made it for a big mint garnet for @aljdewey if she sees this hopefully she will post hers since the color and shape is similar to yours! C4FB6731-5F47-407E-867C-32951FD14BDF.jpeg 0E9A2FFC-6637-448E-9491-019AA820DEBD.jpeg D91DC13C-0756-405D-B645-76E842B36DC8.jpeg

Last edited:

remetau

Rough_Rock
Yep, the one with the three stone is mine, I love that mounting. David Klass made it, they also made it for a big mint garnet for @aljdewey if she sees this hopefully she will post hers since the color and shape is similar to yours! C4FB6731-5F47-407E-867C-32951FD14BDF.jpeg 0E9A2FFC-6637-448E-9491-019AA820DEBD.jpeg D91DC13C-0756-405D-B645-76E842B36DC8.jpeg

That is beautiful!

remetau

Rough_Rock
I'm having David do a CAD for me. I'm going for all 18k rose gold instead of 2 tone, and 8 prongs like ForteKitty, but rounded instead of claws.

For the area around the round diamonds, it appears there is a set of beading to enhance the metal area between the rounds and main oval. Do you think doing the same thing with rose gold will look okay?

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I'm having David do a CAD for me. I'm going for all 18k rose gold instead of 2 tone, and 8 prongs like ForteKitty, but rounded instead of claws.

For the area around the round diamonds, it appears there is a set of beading to enhance the metal area between the rounds and main oval. Do you think doing the same thing with rose gold will look okay?

I’m so happy you decided on a setting idea. The setting design shown by the lovely ladies @ForteKitty and @aljdewey is truly one of my favorites (I hope to have one like it some day). :love: I think rose gold is the perfect choice for your stunning cuprian.

Please share your CAD when it comes in.

Rfisher

Ideal_Rock
Premium

Beading /milgrain in the areas as the previous shown setting in rose gold
Yes I think it will look lovely.
I’d personally prefer it that way. Or with carved textured areas/engraving. (as opposed to nothing/ a straight plane area of polished smooth metal - just a different look that one may go for )

remetau

Rough_Rock
I’m so happy you decided on a setting idea. The setting design shown by the lovely ladies @ForteKitty and @aljdewey is truly one of my favorites (I hope to have one like it some day). :love: I think rose gold is the perfect choice for your stunning cuprian.

Please share your CAD when it comes in.

Here is the cad. I'm having it sized for her middle finger. It shows two tone, but it will be all 18k rose. I hope it turns out as beautiful as the other two.

DK 63362-QUAD-2.jpg

minousbijoux

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That stone is going to look so good with rose gold! I am completely biased as I adore the gorgeous rings of FK's and @aljdewey - the settings are just stunning, imo. Anyway, here is one of my cuprians with rose gold - I just love that combination! rose and pool water.jpeg

remetau

Rough_Rock
That stone is going to look so good with rose gold! I am completely biased as I adore the gorgeous rings of FK's and @aljdewey - the settings are just stunning, imo. Anyway, here is one of my cuprians with rose gold - I just love that combination! rose and pool water.jpeg

Gorgeous. That stone looks like the Caribbean Sea.

Daisys and Diamonds

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi everyone. Jeff finished a light cuprian tourmaline for me, and I was wanting to get some opinions on a setting or other setting ideas. I'm having him ship it off to David Klass for a custom setting, but haven't decided what that setting should be.
The stone is 2.77 ct. and 9.62 mm x 7.64 mm.

Screen grab from the video:
1601053904473.png

I was thinking of a setting like this in 18k rose gold:

1601054053396.png 1601054097710.png

Any opinions or suggestions are greatly appreciated.

OMG i love this 1000 times more than almost any other halo ive ever seen
(Confession im.not a halo girl)

I love this idea

and your stone is very besutiful

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It’s going to be just gorgeous! CADs tend to look a little odd but the final product is going to be perfect. :D

voce

Ideal_Rock
Omg! Don't know how I missed this thread entirely, but your ring is gorgeous, and I can't wait to see your natural light hand shots once you get it!
:love:

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results