shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings for Radiants

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

emkinmd

Rough_Rock
I have read that radiant diamonds are susceptible to getting chipped, which is why I wonder about settings. Is there a preferred setting for radiants for someone who is kind of rough on their hands? I was thinking a halo may protect it more but my boyfriend does not want the setting to draw away from the beauty of the stone.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have a radiant and didn't go out of the way to set it. I just made sure the four prongs covered the entire corner. I would insure it whatever you decide. Also, I would say away from very thin girdles unless you plan on putting it in a bezel.

If you are rough with your hands I would consider a bezel. A halo would secure the stone just fine, but you might loose those little side diamonds here and there if you tend to bump your ring quite a bit.

coda72

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t think radiant diamonds are as susceptible to being chipped as princess cut diamonds are, so as long as the girdle isn''t extremely thin, you shouldn''t have to worry. If you want a halo, go for it, but not just to avoid chipping your stone. A halo isn''t a look I could wear for the next 50 years, but some people could. I have a radiant in a regular prong type setting, and I haven''t chipped it yet, and I was even wearing it when I had a motorcycle accident.

justjulia

Ideal_Rock
Ok, here''s what I think. Radiants are like stars in the sky. They are pure drama. I had mine set with smaller round sides and I thought it looked like two rock bands (oooooh, I made a funny! Get it, "rock" "bands"..oh well, forgive me...) competing. So I took the radiant out and put it as a solitaire (pendant).

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results