shape
carat
color
clarity

Settings and options and costs...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I see that some PSers have a setting from LOGRs that I like

lgr.JPG

It is on their site as setting for a 6.5mm stone. Will it ever be posted in another size like a 6mm? Do I just wait for that to happen? Or do I have to buy it and then pay the $50 to modify it for a 6mm stone?

I was also wondering if you upgraded the diamonds. I know that PSers have other settings where they''ve upgraded the diamonds, but those settings had larger diamonds in them. Maybe with these small diamonds the upgrade wouldn''t be worth doing.

This setting will cost more than the stone, but I do think I want to halo the stone and this setting costs less than others I''ve looked at. With gold at a high cost right now would you just wait and buy more gemstones with that money?

THANKS

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 4:05:59 PM
Author:Stone Hunter
I see that some PSers have a setting from LOGRs that I like

lgr.JPG

It is on their site as setting for a 6.5mm stone. Will it ever be posted in another size like a 6mm? Do I just wait for that to happen? Or do I have to buy it and then pay the $50 to modify it for a 6mm stone?

I was also wondering if you upgraded the diamonds. I know that PSers have other settings where they''ve upgraded the diamonds, but those settings had larger diamonds in them. Maybe with these small diamonds the upgrade wouldn''t be worth doing.

This setting will cost more than the stone, but I do think I want to halo the stone and this setting costs less than others I''ve looked at. With gold at a high cost right now would you just wait and buy more gemstones with that money?

THANKS
Stone Hunter - I have that one that I bought specifically for a half carat ACA diamond, so I needed them to change the opening to fit a 5.25 mm stone. They did, but I also won the ring at auction at a really low price, so the $50 charge brought it up to around the normal price. With this particular setting, I would definitely suggest the diamond upgrade. I didn''t, and I sort of wish I had.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
THANKS. I see that the auction starts at $219 and that is the regular buy it now price also, so I''m confused. How did you get it cheaper?

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I also have this setting. I didn''t upgrade the diamonds either. (they look ok to me) I think it depends on what you really want. I don''t care as long as they''re not brown or black. mine will fit 6.0-6.5.

I think there''s a few with this setting.

-A

brandy_z28

Brilliant_Rock
Date: 5/20/2009 5:22:20 PM
Author: Stone Hunter
THANKS. I see that the auction starts at $219 and that is the regular buy it now price also, so I''m confused. How did you get it cheaper?
SH sometimes they start the bidding much lower, you just have to keep an eye out for those auctions. Thanks for asking this question! I was wondering how much you could change once you''d won an auction. I knew you could specify the ring size and gold color but wasn''t sure about modifying the setting to fit another sized stone.
36.gif
Thanks LTP!

mochi

Ideal_Rock
I also have this setting and did not upgrade the diamonds. It looks fine to me, very sparkly.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
The diamonds are so tiny on this setting, I do not think it''s worth upgrading them.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks folks!

Does anyone know if a 5.75 mm stone would fit in this setting? Or would I need to get it modified?

As far as price goes, not upgrading the diamonds would really lower it. So I guess I''ll just wait around for a lower starting bid and see what happens.

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Hey Stonehunter - I''m not sure if my reply is too late, but I have this setting and mine wouldn''t fit anything over 6mm. I think the setting would most likely fit a 5.75mm round just fine, and at the very least, your jeweler could modify it to fit your stone for less than the $50 customization fee the ebay seller is asking.

Good luck!

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
SH- Thats a beautiful setting you have there, as for the cost starting bid with same as buy it now.. kinda weird, but i know as a seller, that my final value fees cost more on buy it now than bidding.

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 2:03:31 PM
Author: Love in Bloom

Hey Stonehunter - I''m not sure if my reply is too late, but I have this setting and mine wouldn''t fit anything over 6mm. I think the setting would most likely fit a 5.75mm round just fine, and at the very least, your jeweler could modify it to fit your stone for less than the $50 customization fee the ebay seller is asking.

Good luck!
No you''re not too late. I appreciate your input. I might "bin" or I might wait for a lower starting auction. It''s just that the setting costs so much more than the stone and that''s causing me to second guess even buying a setting right now. I added up the diamond upgrade and the alteration fee and the sizing fee. But of course I could have the sizing and any alterations done at my jewelers.

Did you upgrade the diamonds?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 5/22/2009 2:07:35 PM
Author: D&T
SH- Thats a beautiful setting you have there, as for the cost starting bid with same as buy it now.. kinda weird, but i know as a seller, that my final value fees cost more on buy it now than bidding.
D&T I don''t understand what you just wrote.

D&T

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
sorry SH, just thought maybe he wanted to start the price just slightly under the Buy it now price, and once someone bids on it, the buy it now option goes away and someone else could come in and outbid you, but for the seller it's less costly on his end was my thoughts, but since it was the same price that was weird anyways. if that makes any sense.

ETA

Love in Bloom

Ideal_Rock
Date: 5/22/2009 2:17:57 PM
Author: Stone Hunter

No you''re not too late. I appreciate your input. I might ''bin'' or I might wait for a lower starting auction. It''s just that the setting costs so much more than the stone and that''s causing me to second guess even buying a setting right now. I added up the diamond upgrade and the alteration fee and the sizing fee. But of course I could have the sizing and any alterations done at my jewelers.

Did you upgrade the diamonds?
LOL thank goodness. I''m always late to threads! I did upgrade the diamonds, but like LTP I won the auction at a price well below the BIN listings, so the upgrade wasn''t costly to me. As Tourmaline_Lover noted, the diamonds in this ring are really, really tiny. I think you''ll be fine without upgrading the diamonds. I do think paying LOGR the $10 to size correctly would be a good idea. In my experience with my engagement ring, pave/bead set stones do not fare well during resizing.

So what are you planning to set in the ring?

Stone Hunter

Ideal_Rock
Premium
A blue/purple spinel. I really want to halo it with diamonds, and am open to other settings that would do this.

I still need to check with my jeweler and see if he''ll set stones I didn''t buy from him in a setting I didn''t buy from him.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results