shape
carat
color
clarity

setting

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
If I buy a gemstone, how do I go about finding a setting. I''d rather not get a custom setting. They seem to rather expensive.

Thanks in advance!!

Arcadian

Ideal_Rock
Premium
then you would need to be sure to buy a stone that will fit within a standard setting. DId you have any particular setting in mind?

-A

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
I really like a low set solitaire.

Fly Girl

Ideal_Rock
Take a look through the Stuller catalog. Link If you see something you like, any jeweler can order it for you. (Assuming you are in the US.)

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I hear that Tripps is inexpensive too for calibrated sized gemstones.

AustenNut

Brilliant_Rock
What kind of a setting are you looking for? Something fairly traditional but low set? Or a more modern, contemporary look? Any sidestones or melee, or just metal?

Based on your other thread I know that your budget is fairly tight. You may want to consider Lord of Gem Rings, an ebay store popular with PSers. Their prices are very reasonable and you can get a very good deal on their auctions. Also, they are willing to customize the head or whatnot if your stone is not a calibrated size. But I don''t know if they carry any mountings that don''t have diamonds in them.

abrooke22

Rough_Rock
I''ve been looking at several ideas. I''m wondering. I''ve found a couple 5 stone sapphires that I love. Would this be a good idea? It''d be used as an engagement ring? Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results