shape
carat
color
clarity

setting

Discussion in 'Colored Gemstones' started by abrooke22, Dec 18, 2009.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
  1. abrooke22
    Rough_Rock

by abrooke22 » Dec 18, 2009
    If I buy a gemstone, how do I go about finding a setting. I''d rather not get a custom setting. They seem to rather expensive.

Thanks in advance!!

2. Arcadian
    Ideal_Rock

by Arcadian » Dec 18, 2009
    then you would need to be sure to buy a stone that will fit within a standard setting. DId you have any particular setting in mind?

-A

3. abrooke22
    Rough_Rock

by abrooke22 » Dec 18, 2009
    I really like a low set solitaire.

4. Fly Girl
    Ideal_Rock

by Fly Girl » Dec 18, 2009
    Take a look through the Stuller catalog. Link If you see something you like, any jeweler can order it for you. (Assuming you are in the US.)

5. chrono
    Super_Ideal_Rock

by chrono » Dec 19, 2009
    I hear that Tripps is inexpensive too for calibrated sized gemstones.

6. astphard
    Brilliant_Rock

by astphard » Dec 19, 2009
    What kind of a setting are you looking for? Something fairly traditional but low set? Or a more modern, contemporary look? Any sidestones or melee, or just metal?

Based on your other thread I know that your budget is fairly tight. You may want to consider Lord of Gem Rings, an ebay store popular with PSers. Their prices are very reasonable and you can get a very good deal on their auctions. Also, they are willing to customize the head or whatnot if your stone is not a calibrated size. But I don''t know if they carry any mountings that don''t have diamonds in them.

7. abrooke22
    Rough_Rock

by abrooke22 » Dec 23, 2009
    I''ve been looking at several ideas. I''m wondering. I''ve found a couple 5 stone sapphires that I love. Would this be a good idea? It''d be used as an engagement ring? Thanks!

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.