shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting wanted...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I am still looking for a setting for my .54 J EightStar which is residing in my safe. It would look better in a ring. I really don''t want yellow, but WG, platinum, or even titanium is OK. Cost is not the primary factor, but I have big hands, size 12 ring. I want the ring to be masculine, not small. I like 9mm width at least. But I don''t want to dwarf the stone which is a bit over 5mm. Does anyone have any suggestions?

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Did you like that mocume gane composition? Inlay or not, some patterns are just great and could set off your stone nicely.

Your ring is going to be a custom job (given size) so choosing will take pen and paper... My favorit rings include the "faceted" ones by Trevtungsten - I a quite sorry they get lost on my finger (exactly a third of yours!).

Do you have any reference models in mind?

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I like the Trew Tungsten and have 2 of theirs already, one wiht bronze gold inlay. It seems they do only .25 ct and anything else would be custom, but with your own stone, everythign is custom, I guess. This is what I had for the other EightStar but I don't know if I want the same type of ring...

Asha on the top. EightStar on the bottom. As usual with my photos the stones don't show off very well.

Rings2Close.jpg

Jennifer5973

Ideal_Rock
How about this, but maybe wider in the metal per your liking?

menring.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
How about this, is there is such a thing as an albino lion?
thumb.jpg

tonysgeko

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Forgot the others, these are rings that I had stored while doing searches.
130_501s.jpg

This next one was found while doing a search for ideas on Stephan's ring.
baccifinejewelry_1759_534584

Bob, I remember you commented about a ring like this one where you would place the diamond in between the bars.
wedg03.jpg

dcp_0404_small.jpg

103_120.jpg

rodentman

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Thank you for the suggestions! The albino lion, I don't know, but there are albino quirrels.

I must see if the tax refund will offset the stinking homeowner's insurance bill....

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 2/21/2004 11:19:50 PM rodentman wrote:

Thank you for the suggestions! The albino lion, I don't know, but there are albino quirrels.

I must see if the tax refund will offset the stinking homeowner's insurance bill....
----------------

We had albino squirrels on the campus where I went to college. Every year, the University News would print the "Albino Squirrel" pic on the cover, the first issue in April. Kind of a "Spring Has Arrived" statement.
1.gif

You know, RM, men are quite left out when it comes to ring designs. Not much variety of style to choose from.
15.gif

I hope you find something truly marvelous to do that gorgeous rock of yours justice!
9.gif

glitterata

Ideal_Rock
I like that one Jennifer posted. Classy!

Beth

Shiny_Rock
I also really like the one Jennifer posted and also the second one in the second post by Tony's geko. Have you ruled out the tension setting you were thinking about? I am not a big fan of yellow gold with diamonds either. What metal best suits the majority of your watches that you wear the most?

PlatinumDiamond

Shiny_Rock
How about this one?

950 Platinum S1 or 950 Platinum Ru.

by Jeff Truitt
21.gif

e-64.gif

tessa

Shiny_Rock
I like the Jennifer one and also the lion.

Maybe there is a way to make like a Merlin hand holding the 8* as a crystal ball.

I can't draw but I can see it in my mind's eye.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results