shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting this 1 carat high!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kris121

Rough_Rock
I can't seem to find a four prong setting that sets a diamond high. I am looking for the kind of height seen here http://weddingband.com/couture4.html

But with straight platinum prongs, no diamonds around the base ( I'd like some gold wrapped around the base). Any one know where i can look for something similar (with or without gold)? I am picking up the stone this weekend and need to finding this setting before New years eve!! :praise:

Will a tall setting make a diamond appear larger?

justme

Shiny_Rock
Just a brief note - my "first" ring was set high - picked it myself - HATED IT! constantly rapped it on things, snagged knits and other sweaters, had to take it off to golf (golf glove wouldn't go over), Leather gloves were a problem too. Then to top it off in the winter when my hands were cold it would twist to one side and lay (looking stupid) against my other finger.

I'm not saying this isn't the style for you just my experiences.

Tarams

Shiny_Rock
I have to agree. Be careful with setting the stone too high. It would be fine for a ring worn occassionally, but not practical for everyday wear as they do catch on everything!

kris121

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the input, maybe i'll rethink the setting!!! Thanks again.

Surreal

Rough_Rock
I have a Tulipset ring that is set very high and I LOVE it! Because it is a solitaire, being set high really shows-off the diamond and makes it look a bit larger. It absolutely never gets caught on anything. I do tend to bang it against things every once and awhile but, its a platinum setting so, I'm not worried. I definitely recommend the high setting!

kris121

Rough_Rock
Thanks, nice to hear both sides to the story! I just have a good feeling about the high setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results