shape
carat
color
clarity

setting recommendations?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

kt

Shiny_Rock
Well I think we found the perfect stone (1.09 radiant cut rectangular)...but we''re having trouble finding a setting. I really wanted the new Lucida bezel set (similar to the Vatche x-prong but with a bezel set instead of prongs) but I''m not finding anything like it anywhere.

Does ANYONE know of any sites with relatively simple rings that sit low on the hand (esp with a horizontal bezel-set)? I don''t like rings that sit up high and given the amount of physical activity I do it probably wouldn''t be practical. I would love a modern, simple, sleek ring.

Finally, if all else fails, I''d go for the x-prong. Does anyone know if they setting will accommodate the shape of my stone? And how would I go about getting it and having my jeweler set the stone into the ring? I have read that if anyone works on the Vatche, the warranty is invalidated, so how would I go about getting the stone in there?

Thanks so much for your help!
5.gif

slmulkey

Shiny_Rock
I have a tension set ring from Gelin and Abaci (style tr044)that sits very low on my finger, the cutlet of the diamond sits only 1-2 mm above my finger. Check out www.mickeyroof.com/mr_gai.html, some tension setting are very low, while others looks to be set pretty high. For bezel setting, you might check out Whitney Boin (www.whitneyboin.com), those are some of the best bezel settings I have seen. Hmm, actually I'm not sure if they do bezel settings for a rectangular cut diamond.

Good luck to you!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results