Find your diamond
Find your jewelry
shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sizematters

Rough_Rock
Ok, this may be a stupid question but it is my first (only) engagement ring...

My round diamond rotates slightly to and fro in the setting. Is that unusual? If so, is it a problem?

The set diamond was inspected and the inspector said it was set correctly and at the time I didn''t notice any looseness. I''ve since dropped it on the floor and I noticed the looseness when I checked to see if anything was hurt

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take your ring into the jeweler and just have them check the prongs and the stone. It should be a simple tightening of the prongs if they are indeed loose. Good luck.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring that does the same thing.....it's a gemstone ring, not a diamond ring.

I think more than anything it's annoying the very slight "clicking" sound it makes because it is loose.

Personally, I'd feel better getting that fixed if it were a diamond.

sizematters

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Called a jeweler in my area (the ring was set in NYC and I'm in upstate NY) and they said they will tighten the prongs for $25. I will however, have to be without my ring for an afternoon

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community It's free, join today!
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Reset Heirloom Engagement Ring
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    Diamond Station Tennis Bracelet
    What is PriceScope?
    What is PriceScope?

Need Something Special?

Get a quote from multiple trusted and vetted jewelers.

Holloway Cut Advisor

Diamond Eye Candy

Click to view full-size image.