shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

sizematters

Rough_Rock
Ok, this may be a stupid question but it is my first (only) engagement ring...

My round diamond rotates slightly to and fro in the setting. Is that unusual? If so, is it a problem?

The set diamond was inspected and the inspector said it was set correctly and at the time I didn''t notice any looseness. I''ve since dropped it on the floor and I noticed the looseness when I checked to see if anything was hurt
sad.gif

Mara

Super_Ideal_Rock
Take your ring into the jeweler and just have them check the prongs and the stone. It should be a simple tightening of the prongs if they are indeed loose. Good luck.

aljdewey

Ideal_Rock
I have a ring that does the same thing.....it's a gemstone ring, not a diamond ring.

I think more than anything it's annoying the very slight "clicking" sound it makes because it is loose.

Personally, I'd feel better getting that fixed if it were a diamond.

sizematters

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the replies. Called a jeweler in my area (the ring was set in NYC and I'm in upstate NY) and they said they will tighten the prongs for $25. I will however, have to be without my ring for an afternoon
15.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results