shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting question...

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

ejh

Rough_Rock
Ok, here is my situation. I purchased a stone from WF, but I am purchasing the setting from a reputable local jeweler.

The thing is, I have to sign a waiver of liability form for them to set the stone (the setting will actually be done by the manufacturer of the setting - they will send it out to be done). Therefore, it will be uninsured during the setting process. I will be sure and get it insured ASAP once the diamond is set.

My question is - should I be worried about this? Does anyone else have experience with a similar situation? Another thought I had was to get the diamond insured before the setting - is there a way to insure the diamond + setting combination before the actual setting process?

Thoughts? Thanks again in advance...

Londonchris

Rough_Rock
You need to get the stone insured to cover the setting of the stone (just in case of unlikely problem).
Setters generally are free from blame as their payment is low against the stone price and there is always a slight risk of mishap wether the setters fault or just natural disaster.
If the stone chips or whatever for whatever reason it`s down to you
23.gif
in most cases.

cpster

Brilliant_Rock
I believe that Jeweler''s Mutual provides coverage for newly purchased stones during the setting process. Do a search and you should fine a thread where this is discussed thoroughly.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results