shape
carat
color
clarity

setting question

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Rough_Rock
I am actually thinking of possible getting a halo setting, but instead of having 1.5 pt diamonds on the sides, i was thinking of making them 2.5 or 3 pt diamonds.

Do you think that would look funny with the 1 pointers around the halo?

I dont think I want to go to much more than 1.5 around the halo because I think it will look like to much.

Anyone have any thoughts, Will the 3 point sidestones look funny with a 1 point halo?

Rockdiamond

Ideal_Rock
Trade
It really depends on the look you want.
Many of the "micro-set" pave style rings use very small diamonds- 1mm or 1.5mm.
If you use larger stones you''ll see more metal between them- this will change the look of the ring.

Rough_Rock
I saw one in a store today that had 4 pts and it looked like just diamonds on the sides no metal. I thought they might have been a little to big, but it looked nice because the sidestones looked like one string of diamonds.

Daisi2112

Shiny_Rock
less metal more diamonds looks better in my opinion :)

Rough_Rock
does anyone have a setting with 2 or 3 pts diamonds on the sides?

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Can I ask a dumb question? What does "point" refer to in pave? Is it a three point pave is each diamond is .3 cts??

Sorry, just need some help clarifying!!!
1.gif

oldminer

Ideal_Rock
Trade
A "point" is 1/100ct or .01ct. 3 point diamonds are .03ct each and about 1.9mm in diameter.

When diamonds and gold cost less, it was very common for us to mount center stones inside "cluster rings" of .03ct to .05ct diamonds surrounding them. These were not called halos, but called "cluster rings". They are in the style of the Princess Diana ring and were popular long before she received her sapphire cluster ring from Prince Charles. The haklo rings are a modern adaptation which uses less metal and less diamonds, yet has a great appearance. Also, the style of setting allows more of these to be made with the diamonds set into the wax before casting the metal and a large savings on labor to be accomplished by this more rapid process.

Rock_of_Love

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you so much for your informative response. Now, I get it!!!
1.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results