shape
carat
color
clarity

? Setting quality

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

JPerry

Rough_Rock
My ering was purchased 6 years ago and has one .50c round center stone, 3 channel set princess cut on each side, but also has channel set round diamonds on the outside of the band. I have not seen another ring like it and wondering if thats a bad sign. I havn''t lost any stones yet(knock on wood), but wonder if this should be a concern. Does anyone know what kind of setting Im talking about?????? just curious

jaz464

Ideal_Rock
I really don''t think there sounds like there is anything wrong with your ring. Channel set diamonds are not unusual at all and the craftsmanship and quality of a setting is the most important thing, as far as safety goes. You may have never seen another setting just like it, but that doesn''t mean there is anything intrinsically wrong with it.

RockDoc

Ideal_Rock
Date: 11/24/2006 9:01:30 PM
Author:JPerry
My ering was purchased 6 years ago and has one .50c round center stone, 3 channel set princess cut on each side, but also has channel set round diamonds on the outside of the band. I have not seen another ring like it and wondering if thats a bad sign. I havn''t lost any stones yet(knock on wood), but wonder if this should be a concern. Does anyone know what kind of setting Im talking about?????? just curious

In that the ring is 6 yrs old, have you had the stones checked to see if they are all tightly set still and secure in the mounting?

You also might want to review the value of it for your insurance coverage, as prices have increased over the last 6 years.

Rockdoc

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results