shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting picked . . . need help on diamond purchase please.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

lachance22

Rough_Rock
Hello Friends,

I began shopping actively about 2-weeks ago. My gf and I both like Verragio settings and they do not sell direct. There are only 4 stores within 100 miles, so I feel limited as to my options. If I purchase a loose diamond over the Internet, is it a normal practice for these stores to set the diamond in our chosen Verragio ring? Will this add more cost outside of paying full retail price for the ring? Do I have other options?

I am concerned about making a purchase for a diamond online. The savings seem evident, but is there a higher degree of risk involved?

I thought I had a pretty good understand of the 4 C''s and basic information necessary to make a confident purchase. After reading some of these threads on PS, I realize there is a whole new language I don''t understand (crown angle, girdle, pavilion angle, etc.) Are all of these variables equally important? What are the desired specs for a 1.5 c / SI1 / H diamond?

I appreciate your expertise.

Dave

laney

Brilliant_Rock
what really helped us with our purchase is the all the information under the Knowledge link above - read through that and you'll feel that you have a grasp on this "new language".

We also were confident after our education here at pricescope to purchase on line. We did get out and look at stones too - and that helped verify what we learned - so definately look - and also examine the policies of any on-line vendor so that YOU are comfortable. Most let you have a certain period of time to examine the stone and you can return it. Most also will allow time to get it appraised by a professional of your choice to help you feel secure in any purchase.

As for settings & getting a stone set. We did purchase our stone over the internet - and then had it set at a local jeweler - we were very pleased with the experience.

HOWEVER -- we did have to look around for local jewelers. Some "mall" jewlers carried the setting - and although they would set the stone - it was an "extra charge" of like $300 for the service - scheduling of thier "setter" was difficult..etc etc. Other mall jewelers had other policies that were different - so look around.

We eventually chose a local family run jeweler - who gave us a VERY competive price, did not charge to set the stone - and we could "wait" while it was set. All in all a very good experience.

Do your homework first and you'll feel comfortable buying anywhere.

hey joey

Rough_Rock
contact [email protected] they are authorized verragio dealer with excellent prices. they will help you.
good luck.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results