shape
carat
color
clarity

setting opinion

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

RockHard

Rough_Rock
I am getting close to making a decision on a ring. I wanted to get some opinions on this setting. My girlfriend wants a ring that is not "standard issue". I want something that has a very classic, elegant look to it but is still very unique. Those can obviously be contrasting goals which is what I have struggled with. I was originally interested in a split shank, straight basket, but I think I like the elegance of this one.

In all of the browsing I have done (I have done more than I would like to admit), this is the only ring like this I think I have seen. I think that adds some of the appeal to me, but I could use some more experienced opinions. I would really appreciate any thoughts on the setting you might have.

pic_m.jpg

I think the center stone will be a round, just over a carat if I went with this setting. Althought, my Girlfriend has expressed interest in a princess diamond (but she is not against round). If you can think of similar settings with different diamond shapes to compare, that might be helpful.

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like the shank, but I think the head doesn''t match it. It looks like it''s just stuck onto the setting. If it could be made to flow better, it could really be quite beautiful! It would be nice with a princess as well.

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
If you check out the "Show me the Ring" section, you'll notice that everybody here seems to have a little different tastes. To me there's no way I'd want to get a bezel setting or cathedral setting, but some just love them. Tiffany style seems to be very popular too.

Looks like it's a designer band from MK Diamonds. I've never heard of them and they do seem to bear resemblence to Knox's style. I was at Knox's store and this was my favorite:
http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=200&rn=877&action=show_detail
Seems like all the ladies want something unique, they don't want to see their exact ring on somebody else's finger as well...

The setting you picked out looks great in the pic, but it's hard to say if I'd like it without looking at it in person... especially the way the sides slope upward towards the diamond. Do you know how wide the band is or what size center stone they are showing in the picture? I've been burned a couple of times by buying something that looked great in pictures online, but not quite so good in person.

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/1/2007 2:47:57 AM
Author: kcoursolle
I like the shank, but I think the head doesn''t match it. It looks like it''s just stuck onto the setting. If it could be made to flow better, it could really be quite beautiful! It would be nice with a princess as well.

I agree. Here''s a Scott Kay ring that''s similar but I like how the ring just flows together better:

99U13.jpg

starryeyed

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Kcoursolle and Mrssalvo. That Scott Kay is to-die-for!
30.gif
Very elegant, nice clean lines, well-balanced, unique surprise diamond - overall a great design!

They have it at Pearlmans, but it''s expensive - here''s a link: Scott Kay @ Pearlmans.

shiatsu

Rough_Rock
Ooh yeah, that Scott Kay one is nice!

RockHard

Rough_Rock
thanks for the opinions everyone. I think I agree with you after looking at it that it could flow better.

JulieN

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I looked for the Scott Kay one last night to show you, but htought it was a Ritani so I couldn''t find it. ANyway, like the SK much better.

MMM

Brilliant_Rock
I like the scott kay as well. I also think you shoudl stick with a round center if you are looking at these curved, organic shapes in the band. i think a pincess cut would fight against them.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results