shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting OMC lab diamond

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Hi all!

Some might have seen my thread the other day, but I was in search of a lower colored OMC lab diamond. I did end up going with Ouros, who will be creating me a M/N color range, VS, 1.5 ct, more squarish OMC. I’m really excited, but that now leaves the matter of setting it.

It will likely be a few months before I get around to setting it, but I wanted to get some ideas from you all. In truth, I love love love Elle’s clover ring (will insert pic below) which was one of the driving forces to get a low colored OMC.

IMG_2983.png

She does have a rose gold cup under the diamond, to enhance the color of the OMC. I love this idea and wanted to incorporate it into my ring. However, I have a lot of trouble envisioning what else I would want for this ring. I do love more detailed settings, and would probably want a halo or something similar.

The closest I can come up with is the below pictures.

IMG_3018.jpeg

Something similar to the ring of the right, but with the rose gold miligrained bezel like on the left instead of the white gold bezel. However I worry this setting might look too chunky.

I am also open to other suggestions! I want something that will enhance the OMC.

I also love this setting I saw on DK’s instagram.

IMG_2999.png

Last edited:

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Ooooo, I love the direction this is going.

Do you know if you want a colored or white diamond halo?

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Ooooo, I love the direction this is going.

Do you know if you want a colored or white diamond halo?

Thank you!!

Sorry, do you mean lab diamonds that are more M/N color to match the OMC, or colored as in emeralds like Elle’s ring?

vintageinjune

Brilliant_Rock
Thank you!!

Sorry, do you mean lab diamonds that are more M/N color to match the OMC, or colored as in emeralds like Elle’s ring?

That's exactly what I mean. =)

Are you looking for inspiration for just one of those options or both?

NK2012

Rough_Rock
That's exactly what I mean. =)

Are you looking for inspiration for just one of those options or both?

I’m open to both! I love the splash of color in Elle’s ring, but of course I would want something different than her ring. I’m just truly stuck on what it would look like, but if you have any suggestions, I’m open :)

NK2012

Rough_Rock
Omg, those are all so beautiful! I think these are my favorites: @vintageinjune

IMG_3062.jpeg

IMG_3063.jpeg

IMG_3065.jpeg
IMG_3066.jpeg
IMG_3064.jpeg

Thank you so much! I’m going to think a little harder about what I really want.

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results