shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting my whiteflash diamond on a custom setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Hello everyone,
I have recently purchased a beautiful diamond 0.65 carat F VS2 a cut above set in a heavy 4 prong Tiffany style platinum setting from whiteflash. The diamond is absolutely stunning and I would recommend Whiteflash to everyone for their wonderful service and excellence in the diamond ring market. The 4-prong setting is very nice however after seeing it I have realised that my future fiancee would have preferred a setting that was slightly thicker and so I am having the diamond transferred to a setting I have customly built with my local jeweler( KINGS JEWELLERY, Limassol) in Cyprus which is a bit more heavier and fancy. Please do not get me wrong. The 4-prong is very beautiful, and masterfully tailored to bring out the brilliance and emphasises the centre diamond fantastically however it is not what my future fiancee would like. It's all got to do with personal tastes. I am attaching the file of my custom setting and would love to hear your opinions. My advice to all you potential buyers is to make sure you know exactly what your setting will look like and if possible go see it in person or something similar in a local store. If you are not totally sure then buy the diamond on its own and have it set later on.
I'd like to thank whiteflash and leslie once again and all the people in this forum (pqcollectibles and others) that have helped me in selection. The diamond is a absolutely stunning!

Here is my custom setting as designed on my jewellers software. The setting is not yet ready but I will post pictures of the actual thing when it is ready. OPINIONS? Please note that the whiteflash diamond is far more perfect and brilliant than the computer genertated graphic diamond on this image!!
kingssss.JPG
3.gif

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
WOW, Nick!!!!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

That is just GORGEOUS!!!

You left me hanging, you bad boy you! I thought you fell off the face of the earth. Turns out you been busy designing a MARVELOUS ring! Lucky Lady! She should luv that ring almost as much as she luvs you!
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif
love.gif

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
Thanks Pq,
Sorry I left you hanging...
It is true I have been busy trying to build the ring via email with my jeweller AND having my university exams here in Lancaster UK.
Anyway all is well... 7 down and one exam to go and then it's back home to sunny Cyprus for the rest of the summer AND getting engaged.

10.gif

To everyone out there!
Listen to what pqcollectibles has to say!
NOT only is she an expert on diamonds but she also has a unique way of guiding you to a great choice!
She does not merely use the knowledge of diamonds in her head but also gives her opinion from the love she has for diamonds in her heart.
2.gif

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
Oooh, very nice, I really like those heavy architectural looking designs. Great way to set off the stone. Can't wait to see the result on her finger.
10.gif
twirl.gif

fire&ice

Ideal_Rock
Very cool setting!

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
Fantastic setting
Beautiful diamond
Happy you....happy her!
Now that's POETRY!

wavey.gif
wavey.gif
wavey.gif

Adrienne

Shiny_Rock
That is a fabulous setting!

I think this goes down as one of my favorite settings I've seen on this board - please post pics when you get them!

Jax172

Brilliant_Rock
This is totally not my style, but for some reason I like it! You did an excellent job designing it. I can't wait to see pics of the real thing. That is one lucky lady you have got there!
1.gif

69gm

Shiny_Rock
i agree with jax. this wouldn't be my personal type of setting...but for some reason, i really like it! i can imagine it's gonna be a stunner! and you'll probably get points on originality too! great job!
appl.gif

what software was used to make something like this? it's great!

pqcollectibles

Ideal_Rock
----------------
On 6/10/2003 11
6.gif
5:45 AM nikolas_cy wrote:

Thanks Pq,
Sorry I left you hanging...
It is true I have been busy trying to build the ring via email with my jeweller AND having my university exams here in Lancaster UK.
Anyway all is well... 7 down and one exam to go and then it's back home to sunny Cyprus for the rest of the summer AND getting engaged.

10.gif

To everyone out there!
Listen to what pqcollectibles has to say!
NOT only is she an expert on diamonds but she also has a unique way of guiding you to a great choice!
She does not merely use the knowledge of diamonds in her head but also gives her opinion from the love she has for diamonds in her heart.
2.gif

----------------

Thanks, Nick!
1.gif
For your kind words.
16.gif
But, I am no expert. Wish I were so I could rake in the Big Buck$!
3.gif
LOLOL

I am so happy for you that every thing is working out. Whew, I remember exams! Aren't 8 classes a huge burden??? and Designing a ring??? and getting engaged??? Ah,..... To be young again!!!
12.gif
11.gif
12.gif

dimonbob

Brilliant_Rock
Trade
nikolas_cy
That is one very nice and original ring. I love it!
Now you have a special diamond in a special ring. Great!

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
I'd like to thank everyone for their great feedback and compliments. My Jeweller at Kings Jewellery in Limassol, Mr George and his designer Mr Grigoris have done an excellent job putting my ideas into a setting. As for which software they have used I am not quite sure since we worked via email. I actually scribbled my ideas in Paint which was not very successful but I guess they got the idea of what I wanted after about 10 days of constant e-mails and ideas.
Here is the original idea we started with and slowly it developed into the above setting.

LKINGS 2.JPG

nikolas_cy

Rough_Rock
well , i have officially finished my exams now and i am moving back to cyprus tomorrow.
I am planning to propose to my girlfriend this saturday. It is my birthday on friday so i am taking her for the weekend to a wonderful 5 star hotel and i am planning to propose to her on the dock by the beach during sunset. I hope my custom setting and whiteflash diamond do the job
2.gif

Thanks again to everyone in this forum for their valuable help.
Talk soon

Heyjud

Shiny_Rock
How romantic---how sweet
She'll be blown away
On that beach - in the sunset
At the end of the day...!

GOOD LUCK NIKOLAS
Let us all know how it goes....!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results