shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting like this in yellow gold?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

LovesKatie

Rough_Rock
Hi, folks. I''m e-ring shopping for my girl!
30.gif
First post here, but I''ve been lurking, and thanks to all you helpful people, I know what I''m looking for in a diamond and how to find it, so thanks very much for that!

We''re both pretty traditional, so the stone will be a round brilliant in a yellow gold solitaire setting. I had sort of assumed it would be a Tiffany-style setting from whichever vendor I buy the stone from, but then I saw this setting linked in a post here, and I love it:

http://www.vivodiamonds.com/rt/sdetail.pl?cfg=bpl;cat=6;c_adset=;c_gid=;c_size=;ctype=;c_gtype=&sku=350

Unfortunately, they don''t offer it in yellow gold. Can someone point me to a similar setting available elsewhere in YG? It seems so simple and elegant that it''s hard for me to believe that Vivo is the only one making such a setting. Also, nothing against Vivo, but I''d prefer to deal with a domestic jeweler.

Oh, one more thing -- any durability issues with such a setting?

Thanks very much,
David

eringsettingforkatie.jpg

LovesKatie

Rough_Rock
I''ve looked at hundreds of settings trying to find one like the one above, with no luck. Tonight, I found this very similar setting by chance. It''s called "Hiiragi," by Niwaka, but I understand they don''t sell their settings.

Can anyone help me find one like it for sale in yellow gold? The lines are so simple, flowing and organic, it''s hard to believe it hasn''t been produced by multiple jewelers.

If I can''t find it, any estimates of the cost of a custom version from a place like Whiteflash or James Allen?

niwaka_hiiragi.jpg

E B

Ideal_Rock
Hi David! Welcome to Pricescope. :)

Is this setting close enough? I bet they can make it for you in yellow gold:

Solera by Knox Jewelers

LovesKatie

Rough_Rock
Thanks, Ebree! That setting is indeed very close to what I''m looking for. But $890 for such a simple design? I know I''m ignorant of such things, but that just seems exhorbitant to me. I''d expect the price to me more in line with a simple Tiffany-style setting. (Ooops, just looked at their Tiffany-style settings, and they''re expensive, too!)

To me, an engagement ring is all about the diamond. Spending $900 on a setting is going to shrink the stone! The Vivo setting is comfortably in my budgeted range, at about $350 US for the white gold.

Maybe I''d better just stick with the Tiff-style settings that I can get from whichever vendor I get the stone from.
8.gif

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Hi, um... $1200 SGD is not $350 USD. How did you calculate that? $1200 SGD is around $800 USD.
33.gif

atroop711

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 3:49:02 AM
Author: Gypsy
Hi, um... $1200 SGD is not $350 USD. How did you calculate that? $1200 SGD is around $800 USD.
33.gif

I think the price quoted on that page is for platinum if I''m not mistaken. Loveskatie said $350 USD for white gold.

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/15/2009 1:59:24 AM
Author: EBree
Hi David! Welcome to Pricescope. :)

Is this setting close enough? I bet they can make it for you in yellow gold:

Solera by Knox Jewelers

I love Knox!! Good call!! OP, you should contact them and tell them what you are looking for. They do great custom work!!

Tuckins1

Ideal_Rock
Here''s one!!!
linky

I have NO experience with this vendor, I just happened to stumble across it when I googled yellow gold ring settings.

LovesKatie

Rough_Rock
Y''all are so helpful! Tuckins1, that''s a pretty setting! And YG to boot! I guess I''m just hard to please. Somehow it looks less less sleek, less delicate, less refined than the one at Vivodiamonds. For that matter, to me, so do the ones from Knox and Niwaka. I don''t know!!! This is frustrating. So close. At least I''ve got time -- a few months. Good thing I''ve got an early start, looks like!

Thanks again,
David

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/16/2009 3:08:36 PM
Author: LovesKatie
Y''all are so helpful! Tuckins1, that''s a pretty setting! And YG to boot! I guess I''m just hard to please. Somehow it looks less less sleek, less delicate, less refined than the one at Vivodiamonds. For that matter, to me, so do the ones from Knox and Niwaka. I don''t know!!! This is frustrating. So close. At least I''ve got time -- a few months. Good thing I''ve got an early start, looks like!

Thanks again,
David
I would suggest you call up knox and get a quote on a custom setting with the design you like. I''ve done this several times and they are able to nail down the delicate and swoopy look that you are going for. They can make their designs in yellow gold as well.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results