shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for OEC Montana

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I have had this unheated Montana sapphire cut by Dana for a while now and it is time to set it. It is 6.5 by 4.9 mm deep and I think 1.69ct (have to double check). I would like a rose gold setting that is fairly inexpensive. I really like this one but I would like to spend less. Any ideas of other ones? I have put up an ad for used settings too.

920201613819.jpg

sap161c.jpg

il_334.jpg

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
No setting suggestions..........but I LOVE that stone!! Beautiful! :love:

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you digdeep! I always forget how much I love it till it is out. There is something about it! I am not one to name my rings but this would be my Elsa ring.

Burmesedaze

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Gorgeous icy blue :) goodluck with the setting and rose gold is a fitting choice indeed

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Burmesedaze. I will update when completed.

marymm

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Have you checked out Stuller? They only sell to those in the trade, so you'd have to go through your local jeweler for pricing and for setting, but solitaire styles without accent diamonds can often be very reasonably priced...

These 2 are maybe closest to your inspiration ring:

http://www.stuller.com/products/build/123063/12820453/?groupId=194953#/mounting-options

http://www.stuller.com/products/build/71906/12761683/?groupId=194899#/mounting-options

And here's a link to Stuller 3C Collection rings in 14kt RG which fit a 6.5mm round:

http://www.stuller.com/3cdesigns/?s...Gold&centerStone=&sortby=default&pageSize=144

Good luck with your search!

mochiko42

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Beautiful color!!

No setting suggestions besides maybe check out diamondzone's semimounts? Rose gold was a great choice, the color will look great with your stone. Look forward to seeing the finished ring!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks Mo! I will check them out!

elle_71125

Ideal_Rock
Premium
It's gorgeous! I love the way the rose gold and the montana play together. What a great birthday gift!

Acinom

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
What a stunning birthday present! The combination of the blue with the RG is stunning!!! Beautiful stone and setting.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thank you Elle and Acinom! It was worth the wait. I have had it for 3 years! I am so glad I stuck with my vision for it. I could just fall into it staring at it!

foxinsox

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh that's just beautiful :love: that profile is TDF. I love the deep chasing on the band as well. Definitely worth the wait! Happy 40th! (I turned 40 this year too)

digdeep

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
Thanks for the pic........... it turned out GREAT!!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Oh my it is stunning in rose gold. Elsa is a beauty! :love:

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Hey old friend!! Haven't posted over here much lately but had to check in when I saw your thread - this is lovely!!! Cute name for her, too.

I actually really love the setting, and now I must check out that Etsy seller. You said your jeweler set it for you - does that seller not set customer stones? Just curious bc I really love that setting...if I get one I hope you'll forgive my blatant copying and take it as a compliment :). Hope you and your family are well.

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Hey Katharath!!! Long time no talk! I would be honoured if you made the ring again! The vendours are amazing to work with. I never asked about setting my stone but they might! The funny thing is the stone cutter and jeweler have the same name - Dana!
We are all doing great and hope you all are too!

katharath

Ideal_Rock
Hey Katharath!!! Long time no talk! I would be honoured if you made the ring again! The vendours are amazing to work with. I never asked about setting my stone but they might! The funny thing is the stone cutter and jeweler have the same name - Dana!
We are all doing great and hope you all are too!

Ooh I took a peek at their Etsy store and there are MANY things I liked...will have to go and browse in there soon, I didn't have time to look at everything yet (added it to my favs though). Funny coincidence on the two Dana's.

Mildly funny thing but the stone I want to set is a sapphire too, lol. I got it around a year ago from Yvonne and posted pics at that time, but I still haven't set it. I would love for Yvonne to set it for me, but I want a solitaire style setting with a bit of presence bc it's only a ~6 mm stone; most of her settings for smaller stones are fairly complex. I just want something fairly simple but with enough gold/presence to it that it doesn't disappear on my hand...I think your setting here is similar to what I have in mind! (I did have another setting in mind that I was fairly sure I wanted to use, but that vendor's pricing has gone up to the point that I don't think it will be doable for me, so now I'm looking around again... :( )

Anyway...nice chatting, glad you and yours are well! We had a bit of a rough year overall but doing fine, thanks for asking :). Enjoy getting to wear your pretty blue gem!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy birthday to you too, Fox and thanks!
Thank you Digdeep and Lisa!

Katharath, sorry what you wanted won't work anymore. Maybe you could ask the vendour if he could honour the old price? My next big project will be my Mahenge pear - then I will be done! lol!

chatoyancy

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a lovely ring. Your sapphire is such a beautiful color!

livannie

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Beautiful ring! The sapphire is so beautiful and it looks beautiful on your hand!

MissyBeaucoup

Brilliant_Rock
Premium
What a beautiful color! I love the rose gold and blue together.

partgypsy

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the color of that stone. It's like looking into the Caribbean sea. It looks beautiful with that setting!

Arkteia

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Very pretty. A great buy, it seems, and the setting is lovely. Congratulations!

missy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Thanks chatoyancy and livannie!

I am wearing it stacked today and it looks like an e ring!

20170703_180037_HDR-1.jpg

20170703_180155_HDR-1.jpg

20170703_180446_HDR.jpg

Wow just beautiful. That is such a pretty blue. I agree with @partgypsy it’s like looking into the Caribbean Sea. :love:
And the setting gorgeous too.

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Your ring is beautiful, but I have to warn you that since the stone has a high crown, it will be prone to coming loose in that setting. I would periodically shake the ring on my finger and listen for rattling. If you hear any rattling, do not wear it until you get the prongs tightened by your jeweler. I also think at some point, I would reinforce the prongs with a bit more gold so the prongs reach up a bit higher on the crown, or do a different head with double prongs. I would just hate if you lost that beautiful stone!!

ilovegemstones

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Good advice TL, thanks. I will check it often.

Reactions: T L
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results