shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting ideas for emerald cut earrings?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I have a pair of loose emerald cut tanzanites for earrings. The stones are not the highest quality so not really appropriate to set with $$$ diamonds- but they have sentimental value so still want to use with something. It was suggested to me that I could pair them with another small colored stone (red, pink, green?) for a more fun look- maybe something that dangles a bit? The stones are more a medium/ dark bluish violet. I am less worried about finding a specific colored stone to match and more concerned with finding a setting idea for now.

calling out for pictures of setting ideas!!! Thanks.

I found these, but instead of red stone with diamonds- maybe my purple emerald cut stones with little pink tourmaline accents stones? I am looking for settings that might not be so contemporary as this, something softer. It is hard to find working with an emerald cut stone.

22378.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I would suggest a simple dangle setting. What is the size? I''m thinking perhaps a lever back with a jump ring (for movement) to dangle the tanzanites (in a basket setting).

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
The stones are 9 x 7 mm each. I don''t want them set just alone as studs because the color isn''t that awesome- but I thought if the stones were right next to some type of complimentary color- they would look better. All my favorite dangle earrings I wear are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long so I know this length is flattering for me.

Maybe some sort of dangle setting with halo of a colored stone?

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 8/3/2007 1:24:02 PM
Author: Green with Envy
The stones are 9 x 7 mm each. I don''t want them set just alone as studs because the color isn''t that awesome- but I thought if the stones were right next to some type of complimentary color- they would look better. All my favorite dangle earrings I wear are about 1 to 1 1/2 inches long so I know this length is flattering for me.

Maybe some sort of dangle setting with halo of a colored stone?
Here''s a couple of things to think about:
1. You don''t want the complimentary stone to overshine the tanzanites.
2. It is difficult to find good quality melee coloured stones that are able to retain their colour at such small sizes that is also all the same colour for a halo. This actually raises the difficulty of the task and ups the $$.

Kismet

Ideal_Rock
Do you have pictures of them? If they''re a fairly pale purple then maybe sapphire or amethyst melee might look nice.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
Typical for me- I can take anything and make it the most expensive.

Green with Envy

Brilliant_Rock
I don''t have the stones with me- my boyfriend took them with concept to set for me- but he is clueless. I would guess the color is bluish violet- medium dark strong judging by color chart link below. Since the color of stone is not very saturated - I almost think I could use the tanzanite to compliment another colored stone so the tanzanite actually doesn''t need to be the main event?

http://gemval.com/color_grade.html

colormyworld

Brilliant_Rock
You could check out some sites that sell beads.

I think rose quartz beads would be nice.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results