shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting Ideas and/or Pics?

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Hi everyone,

It''s my birthday - and I guess Santa had some extra goodies stached away for me! Sneaky guy!!

My birthday gift was 4 .5ct cornflower blue sapphires and 4 .5ct white sapphires. I have wanted to make a beautiful ring of blue, white, blue, white alteration for awhile. I remember someone having a lovely diamond ring, 5 stone (I think) that had very pretty, small and insignificant (not in quality, I mean in appearance - the prongs did not interfere with the beauty of the stones). I''m really having a difficult time finding that picture or that ring.

Any help anyone is able to provide would be fantastic!! I just wanted to ask who made the setting and take another look at it.

Thanks!

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Are you sure you''d make (and wear) a semi eternity ring with 4+ ct stones?! That could be huge! I''d think about a pendant instead (just a suggestion).

cushioncutnut

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Would love to see pictures of the stones. It would give us a better idea as to what to suggest.

marcy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 9:27:29 AM
Author: cushioncutnut
Would love to see pictures of the stones. It would give us a better idea as to what to suggest.
Agreed. Please post pictures.

Maybe there are enough to make a set - ring, earrings and a pendant. I love projects.
36.gif

LaurenThePartier

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 8:05:04 AM
Author: ma re
Are you sure you''d make (and wear) a semi eternity ring with 4+ ct stones?! That could be huge! I''d think about a pendant instead (just a suggestion).
I think she meant that they were all .5 ct. stones. Four of each.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Right. And here I was thinking she''s considering using two 4.5 ct stones into a semi eternity...
20.gif

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
HAHA Oh my goodness no! They are all .5 cts - so I''m thinking a 5 stone, and keep the left over 3 for... oh who knows what. Ahhh how I wish I had 4+ ct stones sitting around waiting for me to figure out what to do with them... I think I''d glue them to my fingers and ears just until I figured it out... babies like that cannot remain in hiding for long or... well... I don''t know, but I''m sure something bad would happen to them. LOL

I have been trying to take pictures, I have read through the picture taking thread and unfortunately I''m just horrendous at it!! I have a photobucket full of very badly failed attempts.

I''m going to see if hubby can give me a hand this weekend with deciphering what I''m doing wrong... he is so funny, he''ll walk by my office at home when I''m in the middle of a "photo session" and he is always wondering - where do I put all these pictures? I''ve not let him see any because they are all fuzzy... I have some fire fuzzy, but fuzzy none-the-less. LOL

I''ll get it one of these days!!

AmberGretchen

Ideal_Rock
I''m partial to the Whiteflash Skye U-Prong setting for 5-stones - that''s what I have with tsavorites and diamonds (in my avatar).

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Date: 2/4/2009 12:36:09 PM
Author: ma re
Right. And here I was thinking she''s considering using two 4.5 ct stones into a semi eternity...
20.gif
Same here. I thought "wowsers, talk about finger coverage".
emembarrassed.gif

coatimundi_org

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/4/2009 3:52:22 PM
Author: AmberGretchen
I''m partial to the Whiteflash Skye U-Prong setting for 5-stones - that''s what I have with tsavorites and diamonds (in my avatar).

I''m partial to this too AG. You see so much of the stones!

Lisa Loves Shiny

Ideal_Rock
Premium
Happy Birthday!!!! Hope you find the most amazing setting for your goodies.

Lisa

Brown.Eyed.Girl

Ideal_Rock
Happy Birthday! This sounds like a really fun project!

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Sounds like a fun birthday present - Happy Bday!

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Ok, so I''ve been searching high and low for the u-prong variations that are available. I have seen them with bars and without bars. It looks like this is without bars. What do you think? Center = .5 ct white sapphire, then alternating blue and white for the other 4 stones. Each stone is .5

My finger is a 7.5 for reference, and I''m worried about the chunkiness of the ring, how it''ll wear between my fingers, etc.

Thoughts?

5-stone-U-prong.jpg

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the U-prongs by WF. Great profile and sleek - no chunkiness.

LostSapphire

Ideal_Rock
Date: 2/11/2009 3:10:19 PM
Author: Jypsie
Ok, so I''ve been searching high and low for the u-prong variations that are available. I have seen them with bars and without bars. It looks like this is without bars. What do you think? Center = .5 ct white sapphire, then alternating blue and white for the other 4 stones. Each stone is .5

My finger is a 7.5 for reference, and I''m worried about the chunkiness of the ring, how it''ll wear between my fingers, etc.

Thoughts?
That would be gorgeous. So you''d have 3 white and 2 blue, right? Would that leave you 2 blues to use in maybe earrings??
31.gif

LS

Jypsie

Shiny_Rock
Lost Sapphire - your jewelry has been such a HUGE inspiration for pieces that I have on my "someday" list. You have the most classy and impeccable taste - I daydream just looking at your avatar.

Chrono - thank you! Chunky, while not bad, is definitely something I do not know how I would be with a chunky ring. I''m very much a tom boy, I work in the video game industry - so while I''m not doing physical labor or activity, I''m still a little clutzy from time to time. My rings - pave, micro pave, etc - have all held up wonderfully. Oddly, the only pave item that has lost a stone is my huggy earrings. LOL

I''ll definitely check out whiteflash.

As for the remaining items (1 white, 2 blues) I am thinking of having a pendant made with the white, and dangle-earrings made with the blue - I''m not sure what it''s called, but you know how you can have a loop added so that a dangle can be added to hoop earrings, but removed if you wish? I''m thinking of having something like that made to go with my micro pave hoops.

This is such an exciting project. You may remember my dilemma from over a year ago with my amethyst - well, as slow as I may be in finding what i want - it is finally being made - the ring should be ready in approximately 8 weeks. I''m SO excited I cannot wait to share pictures.

A year in waiting, but it''s almost done!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results