shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting help!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

AndrewinNYC

Rough_Rock
We have found a ring we like at DeBeers here in NYC, but their diamonds are incredibly overpriced. I cannot seem to find the type of setting, nor the terminology to describe it...if any can give some advice based on the following, it would be a great help.

The ring is a channel set enternity that is very thin. That mich isn't an issue. The ring is one that is perfectly round in profile, but instead of a big structure for the setting, the diamond sits almost right against the ring, in a sort of prong box (in the case of the DeBeers setting, the sides of said box make a little fancy "w", which holds the diamond in. I have only seen it there, and they don't show a profile view on their website, so I cannot show it to anyone. I have been unable to find it anywhere else. Any suggestions?

Thanks for the help.

Andrew

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Welcome to Pricescope!

Do you mean that the top of the diamond is flush with the rest of the band? Or that the prongs come up from the band and form a W to encase the stone? If you can link to the setting you''re talking about, that would be helpful, I couldn''t find any channel set engagement rings.

AndrewinNYC

Rough_Rock
Thanks for the welcome! I''ve already learned a ton here!
The setting isn''t flush, but set right on the ring. The "w" is sitting on the ring and the diamond is in it. I''m less concerned about finding the same channel setting, because I can basically explain it is a thin channel setting where the diamonds are small enough that it appear pave-ish, but there is still a channel. So I''m more concerned with figuring out how to explain the setting/ or finding if there is a term for it. I cannot seem to find an example anywhere

Closest I can find is

http://www.kwiat.com/catalog.html?category=0&subcategory=0&collection=6&page=4# Style number 17196

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Let''s see if the heads on any of these are similar:
Trellis setting

W-prong

tiffany style

LynnB''s integrated head
ftphead6abottom.jpg

Maxine''s peg head
ering%20149.JPG

Anything look close?

AndrewinNYC

Rough_Rock
Here is a poorly drawn version...I''m not recalling how everything fits together, but this is how I remember it...

AndrewSetting.jpg

AndrewinNYC

Rough_Rock
Terrible, wrong picture....

here it is...

CorrectAndrewSetting.JPG

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
More like this? Only with 4 prongs instead of six? And channel set melee?

AndrewinNYC

Rough_Rock
The one we saw had more of a box feel to the setting, and was more square-ish. the major prongs were set like a four prong, with minor prongs on the side of the "box" weren''t as high.

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I thought I had seen a ring posted here on PS that looked a lot like your sketch, but I''m unable to find it.
7.gif

I did however find this Tacori setting which is similar (style #2601RD7).

Tacori2601RD7_alt.jpg

girlie-girl

Brilliant_Rock
I also found this one, after major digging. lolol It was listed with this description in the "show me your rings w/3ct centers" thread (page 8 https://www.pricescope.com/community/threads/please-show-me-your-rings-w-3ct-centers.27384/page-8 )

"kateh''s spectacular Good Old Gold e-ring:

"Modified Brilliant Cushion or Square Hearts and Arrows. The center stone is a little over 3 carats and it is set in a Vatche Full Pave Band."

pic3[1]edit.JPG

Though I still don''t think this is the ring I was thinking of when I first saw your sketch. I''ll keep searching.
26.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results