shape
carat
color
clarity

SETTING HELP

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Hello,

I recently purchased a tourmaline stone and would like it set in an LOGR setting.
The stone weighs 4.22 cts and measures 11.22 x 9.55 mm .
I am not sure if I should be looking at 10X12mm settings or 9X11mm?

This is the current setting I am eyeing.

http://cgi.ebay.com/Oval-10X12mm-Pave-Diamond-14k-Gold-Semi-Mount-Ring_W0QQitemZ370182567162QQcmdZViewItemQQptZGemstone_Rings?hash=item370182567162&_trksid=p4634.c0.m14.l1262

Also, I don''t want the stone to be sitting up to high. I would rather have it even with the halo.

Thank you

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Lucy

I would re-post this question on Coloured Stones. I''m sure if Tourmaline Lover sees it, she will be able to tell you.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
Somewhere LTP has a thread full of really useful information about this. I think she likes to set her stones in settings .1-.5mm larger than the stone, in which case the one that you've picked out should be dead on. It does look to be a fairly tall setting, but a stone that size is probably pretty deep anyway.

I'll see if I can dig up that thread...
ETA: It might have been this one.

Heishman

Shiny_Rock
Thank you mercoledi- Once I recieve the stone I want to make sure it looks great and then I will get the larger setting.

ajourklaus

Rough_Rock
Lucyh,

as somebody that sets stones on a daily basis I prefer settings that are a hair to small then to large. It is much easier to open them up a little then to make them smaller.

I''d go with the 9x11mm for a 9.55x 11.25mm stone. Some times settings come in half millimeter settings.

Ideal would be a custom made setting for your stone a 9.5 x 11.2 mm setting!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results