shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting help (Silvery Topaz)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/10/2009 7:27:37 PM
Author: mercoledi
Your original idea, on the right.
What would you do?

(Seeing that makes me really like the blue...)

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
I like the pear in the middle, but there might be some technical difficulties getting everything to lay correctly. The dress is so low, you have plenty of real estate to play with. I think the super-choker thing that Giadia has going on might be too high on your gown.

You know what would help? If you learned to use the timer on your camera so we can see you in the d@mn dress woman!

But yeah, I think a light blue would add interest without being distracting.

ETA: That's this pear in the last one, a 1.8mmish swiss. Probably windows like all get-out.

ETAA: The one linked above is the little light pear in the middle, the monster on the right of the three-some is the one I posted before (17ct, 16mm) and the leftmost one is another random ebay stone with a longer pear shape. That left one was priced at $83ish I think.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Yeah I was wondering about the laying correctly thing. I could just set one of the silvers set.

There are seriously too many options.

Clairitek

Ideal_Rock
Now after spending the last few minutes skimming this thread I will say that I love the idea of a blue pear with the two silver stones. It really jives with your whole blue/silver theme you''ve got going. As someone mentioned, it also would take care of your something blue (you know, besides the bedazzled shoes you have). I love the ider of 3 chains of varied lengths all layered together. So many possibilities!

I would have the smaller stone be on the shortest chain and then the blue pear in the middle and the big ass stone on the bottom. I like the symmetry of silver/blue/silver stones. I think has already been suggested.

So there you have it Ms Freke. My $0.02.
1.gif

I gotta run now before my cat Emma makes off with my birthday rib eye.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
I really like the idea of the blue stone. I showed everything to my friend (she doesn''t do well visualizing stuff) and she seems to think that between the earrings, and even just the two necklaces are going to be too much. However, I''m still not sold on the earrings--they were $37 on sale and I''m sure I could wear them with something else...

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Regarding settings, here''s what I have in mind (don''t know if you''ll go with blue so I didn''t take it into account).

You said that the lenght of the smaller is almost identical to the width of the bigger, which might cause problems with orientations I suggested. So what you need is to make the smaller one visually shorter and the bigger one visually wider. That basically means the same thing, cause if you cut down on perceived lenght, you get more perceived width.

My sollution - semi bezel for both. The smaller one set E/W would that way get visually shorter (cause bezel parts would slightly cover it from left and right), and the bigger one set N/S would get the same, which would make it appear wider (would be semi bezeled from top and bottom).

That way you could even have each of them hanging on two chains - one for top end of semi bezel, the other one for bottom end. This would give you even more layers.

Chain design - I think rope chains might work great with this design, and your dress.

mercoledi

Ideal_Rock
ma re, you are brilliant! I was struggling with the similar size of the stones too; bezeling the small one will make it pretty much the size of the big one. Semi bezels! I love semi bezels, and I think that that would solve it. I was thinking minimalist prong settings (4 or 6) without a bale, but the visual size in the mock ups is still so close. Semi bezels!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol mercoledi!!!! You made me giggle.

Great idea ma re. I''ll have to look into how much that would cost....

loriken214

Ideal_Rock
This is SO exciting! I can''t wait to see what you decide upon......

Your dress is the most AMAZING thing I''ve ever seen!!!!
30.gif

Lori

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Awwwwww Lori!!! Your words made me smile like crazy. Thank you for the compliment, I appreciate it so so much. Other people have not been so kind.

I''m really nervous about setting these though. I''d hate to get it done and not love it, you know?
37.gif

babysteps

Brilliant_Rock
No help on settings, just had to chime in and say whatever combo you choose, I think this will make a gorgeous, unique necklace! And your dress looks just beautiful
1.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
Some diamond cutting on the rope chains would be interesting - it would look like you have little diamonds all over the necklace, cause ropes slide when worn.

Gypsy

Super_Ideal_Rock
Heavy white bead and ball chain (which is diamond cut). Semi bezels on the stones. Keep it to the topaz only. East west both.

http://cgi.ebay.com/18k-Gold-18-Inch-Alternate-1mm-Beads-Ball-Chain-Gp-C7_W0QQitemZ220376562869QQcmdZViewItemQQptZLH_DefaultDomain_0?hash=item220376562869&_trksid=p3286.c0.m14&_trkparms=72%3A1205%7C66%3A2%7C65%3A12%7C39%3A1%7C240%3A1318%7C301%3A0%7C293%3A1%7C294%3A50 this is what I mean by bead and ball. When done in gold iwth the right facetting on the beads very sparkly.

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Freke,

I thought I had responded to you days ago - I certainly typed the post, I wonder what happened?

No matter, because now that I''ve seen your dress, I have a different idea.

I would have the smaller oval E/W strung on a really short fine chain (maybe even fishing line) so it looks like it''s floating just above where your collar bones meet.

The larger stone I would have sitting lower down on a chain with a pear at the each end of the chain. The topaz would sort of gasp the chain with the two ends dangling at slightly different lengths below the oval topaz. Gosh, that''s a lousy description of what I mean, I guess I might have to try and draw it and my drawing skills are marginally worse than my descriptive talents. I''ll have a go.

Watch this space ........

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...watching...

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/12/2009 9:00:19 PM
Author: FrekeChild
...watching...
Probs with scanner - don''t go away!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
...still waiting...

Dandi

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I like the earlier idea of setting the small one EW on the shorter chain, and the the larger one NS on the longer chain. It''s a bit less... I don''t know, predictable?? For lack of a better word? Anything you do will be awesome Freke, but that combo gets my vote
26.gif

Plus that dress of yours makes my heart pound whenever I see it, it''s exquisite
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif

ma re

Ideal_Rock
First it was two stones, then three, now (if I understand correctly) it''s four - in the end you''ll look like THIS
9.gif

Jokes aside, another advice: get some extra, "belcher style", links on the chain, to make sure you can adjust how everything sits on the neckline.

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 4:04:46 AM
Author: DandiAndi
I like the earlier idea of setting the small one EW on the shorter chain, and the the larger one NS on the longer chain. It''s a bit less... I don''t know, predictable?? For lack of a better word? Anything you do will be awesome Freke, but that combo gets my vote
26.gif

Plus that dress of yours makes my heart pound whenever I see it, it''s exquisite
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
Awww thank you Andi!!! That is lovely of you to say!!!I absolutely adore it and I can''t wait to wear it, although I''d marry him in a potato sack if I needed to.

And I seem to keep getting more and more combos and varieties of pendants suggested, which I LOVE, but man it''s making it harder instead of easier. It''s a dang good thing I have a while to think about it!

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/13/2009 4:29:52 AM
Author: ma re
First it was two stones, then three, now (if I understand correctly) it''s four - in the end you''ll look like THIS
9.gif

Jokes aside, another advice: get some extra, ''belcher style'', links on the chain, to make sure you can adjust how everything sits on the neckline.
Where is that head bopping emotie when you need it?!
41.gif

Blecher style huh? I didn''t know thats what that was called. What a weird name... Good call!!!

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, the scanner maybe down, but I can help out with the belcher chain - my all time favourite!

gold belcher chain.jpg

Gailey

Ideal_Rock
OK, here''s a picture of the sort of thing I had in mind. Imagine the large topaz where the knot is and pears being on the end of the chain instead of sqauares. The small topaz would be east west in the centre of the highest part of the chain.

lariat for freke.jpg

FrekeChild

Super_Ideal_Rock
Lol. Thanks Gailey!!! I think that''s an awesome design. Lol. Which means I have yet ANOTHER design to consider. Hahahahaha!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results