shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting help, please

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
I need a little setting help for Pinky the Spinel. Due to an unplanned splurge (photos as soon as it arrives!), I am looking for an inexpensive home for it (perhaps to be upgraded in the future
2.gif
).

My first thought was to have a simple ring with baguette side stones (adapted for an emerald cut). Then I found a nice split shank halo that is already the perfect size for my stone. I am also a little unsure about the quality (I plan to upgrade the diamonds).

Opinions? Suggestions?

Or should I just give this up for the moment and set my lovely russian demantoid here?

T L

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
LadyDisdain,
Do you have a picture of your demantoid?

Lady_Disdain

Ideal_Rock
Trade
Not yet. I am a sorry excuse for a PSer, as I rarely take pictures of my stones. I must change that.

I''ll take some tomorrow, if the weather helps out.

chrono

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I guess it depends on the budget and style and a comparison of both stones to determine which one gets set first. I''ll be back tomorrow for pictures.
11.gif

Harriet

Super_Ideal_Rock
Would you consider a solitaire? The colour speaks volumes.

ma re

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Harriet, and suggest either a solitaire, or a baguette version; halo would be too much for this stone IMO.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results