shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting help for OEC

fawndeer621

Rough_Rock
I recently put a 2.4 ct N oec and have hired someone to create a setting for it, but the minute I was asked what I wanted, my brain shut down. I thought I wanted the stone with baguette sides but idk... do I want to pay someone to recreate what I can easily purchase or to create something that stands on its own, is fun and unique? I like antique jewelry particularly belle epoque and Georgian. I thought about a buttercup setting, but I think I'd like a 3 stone. I am torn between 3 oecs or ruby sides... maybe small yellow sides. I recently lost my engagement ring which was a 1.27ct in a halo and I am concerned about coverage because with the center diamond alone, I'm already the same coverage as the halo so I don't feel I've upgraded. Also, I have realized, too late, that oecs aren't my fave. I love transitionals, so maybe some transitional sides? Please, feel free to suggest dream designs.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240225_111059_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_111059_Chrome.jpg
    128.2 KB · Views: 37
  • Screenshot_20240225_110957_Chrome.jpg
    Screenshot_20240225_110957_Chrome.jpg
    87.5 KB · Views: 25

elizat

Ideal_Rock
If you don't like old euros, why not return the stone and start over? Or sell it? I would not put money for side stones and a custom setting if you don't even like the cut. That stone should have a good market.

Mreader

Ideal_Rock
I agree with Elizat. You sound very all over the place (don't take that as critical btw - it is what it is and I have TOTALLY been there) so since you don't have a clear idea of what you want I would slow down before you sink money into a project. Also, if you prefer transitional to OEC and are certain of that fact, then I agree to try to return or exchange for a transitional stone. I don't know what Diana's policy is anymore...

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results