shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting from Kay Jewelers...

aubielynn

Rough_Rock
We looked at rings today and liked this ring the best from Kay Jewelers but it needs a bigger diamond maybe take out the first ring of diamonds around the center stone and have a solitaire instead. Not sure about buying from Kay though and trying to find other settings but don't know of the technical term. The band is almost like its braided or woven the two sets of pave bands into tiers. Any help? Thanks so much!

kay.jpg

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
Have you had a chance to view any of the vendors sites yet? Most will be more than happy to custom make the setting for you. Just supply a photo of the setting you really like and they will build it to fit the stone that you choose. They can also make any changes to the setting that you want. This may be the best option for you. Have you selected your center stone?

Oh and I believe that it is called a split shank.

merilenda

Brilliant_Rock
You could take a look at some of the PS vendors' sites. After a quick search, here's some that I found that are similar.

Here's one from WF that's braided and can be set with a RB or princess cut.

Here's one from Eternity Diamonds that twists, but doesn't have a halo.

Here's one from BGD with a split shank & halo that you might like.

That was just from a really quick search, so if you look around, I bet you'd find a lot of similar options. If you can't find exactly what you're looking for, you could always having one custom made.

Christina...

Ideal_Rock
:love: :lickout: I love that BGD slit shank halo! AMAZING!

aubielynn

Rough_Rock
Thanks you guys.. this is almost like a french braid with three tiers ...kinda hard to explain its a curvy band and weaves in and out...I want bands to fit on both sides and looking for either a notched enhancer or bands that have a flat curve around the center stone..so it doesnt take away from the diamond... here is another picture from the side

kay%20side.jpg

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
were you able to try that setting on? it looks like it sits really high in the side view pictures! I probably wouldn't buy a setting from Kay but I haven't seen anything exactly like the one you posted elsewhere. I do think you could probably have something custom made that would be of better quality.

Amys Bling

Super_Ideal_Rock
Definitely ask some of the PS vendors about a setting similar to that one.

aubielynn

Rough_Rock
Yes I tried it on and I am very against high settings but this one isn't as high in person as it seems in the pictures. Also more beautiful than in the picture as well. I will definitely check out some of the other vendors sites especially since I want matching bands made...

Sky56

Brilliant_Rock
You may want to keep in mind the "headache/maintenance" factor when choosing your ring. It is not uncommon at all to find loose or lost tiny diamonds (melee) with daily wear - especially when buying from a more commercial-grade vendor. The others' advice of having a similar one custom-made is good - you get the beautiful design you like but with sturdier and more secure fabrication.
Best wishes. 8-)

aubielynn

Rough_Rock
Yes I do want to make sure I buy from someone who can give me a quality ring. Kay was just the only place out of 5 to have something that I actually liked, but when looking for the setting or similar ones I found it hard to even know what to put in to search for.

Thanks drillsgtsgem! That is the closest thing Ive seen that works for what I am looking for.

I came across this one as well called a halo, split shank, ribbon diamond, semi mount which maybe the closest description Ive found so far.

http://www.diamondengagementringsfo...nk_Ribbon_Diamond_Semi_Mount_Ring-1373-5.html

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results