shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for my new emerald cut

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

I am in the process of buying an emerald cut diamond between 1.50 and 1.75 cttw. I really like the setting in the attached picture. I love emerald cuts set east to west. I was just wondering what others thought of this setting and whether anyone has any other ideas or pictures. I just want to make sure I consider all my options. Thanks a lot!

e-cut.jpg

Hodne

Rough_Rock
Very nice ring
1.gif

Personally I would have wanted the ring in high polish rather than brushed, but thats just my opinion.

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
I think this is a beautiful setting. Very simple lines, very unique, clean and modern without being over the top. This is probably the first e-w set EC that I have liked.
9.gif

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
This is a ring that I saw on DT (yes, I lurk there sometimes. But I must say that I'm not too crazy about that site)

I think this is a really spectacular ring. It's so simple and just really beautiful. It's a Mark Morrell piece (I don't think I spelled his name correctly)

mwm4.jpg

sumi

Brilliant_Rock
Here's another angle. It's just stunning.

Here's the whole thread, there are a few more pictures of the ring:
http://www.diamondtalk.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45371

markm1.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
That is another beautiful setting Sumi! Hmmmm......maybe I should have considered an EC afterall
8.gif
. MM sure does beautiful work.

And, Hodne, I agree that I like the polished platinum better than brushed.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
I agree. That Mark M. piece is beautiful. I already have a solitaire (round brilliant), however, and kind of want something a little different. The picture I posted is from an antique jewelry website. I suspect the platinum has simply developed a nice patina over the years and hasn't been polished. Regardless, I too would like to see it in a high polish finish. I'm not wedded to the idea of an east to west setting, so if anyone has any favorite pics with an ecut set the traditional way, feel free to share!!

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Here is my favorite all time EC setting. I really wanted this one myself, but opted out for the RB..good luck!

ring22.jpg

daboyzmomi

Shiny_Rock
Or what about this with Diamond center?

fuffi

Shiny_Rock
I really like east-west set emerald cut rings. This one is from Leon Mege, set with half moons: http://www.artofplatinum.com/R089.htm

r089-06W.jpg

Hest88

Ideal_Rock
Demelza, you're a gal after my own heart! There's nothing, IMO, as gorgeous as a nice EC.

The setting you posted isn't to my personal taste (for one, I like white metals), but there's no denying that it's a classic piece. I don't think you'd ever get tired of it, it shows off the stone well, and it will never look dated.

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
That DT ring is quite unusual: I'd like to see the prongs gone though. But would those two gaps just look like some tark trenches when the ring is worn? They would not be big enough to let light through, I guess...

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Just to clarify, the first ring I posted is set in platinum. The picture does make it look more like yellow gold, but it's not. I also love white metals and the look of an icy emerald cut with platinum. I'm in the process of considering 4 different stones, none of which I've seen in person yet. I'm expecting to see one today and the rest on Tuesday. I'd love more opinions or ideas if you have any. Thanks!!

Robyn12

Shiny_Rock
The Leon Mege ring that fuffi posted gets my vote -- it's beautiful!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

JF.JPG

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium

gf.JPG

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
Hi all,

Here's the design I think I'm going to go with. What do you all think?

MY RING!.jpg

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
And here's the diamond itself. The photo doesn't do it justice. I'm so excited!!
Sorry the picture is so big. I don't know how to make it smaller.

my emerald cut 3.jpg

hoorray

Ideal_Rock
It's a beautiful setting and looks like a gorgeous stone. What are it's specs? This setting is more of what I think of with EC cuts. I've always loved them. My SIL has a really nice 3 stone one with a similar affect. -- surprised me that my brother was that on top of things
2.gif

I'm still intrigued by the e-w orientation of the first setting you posted. I assume the center stone has to be properly portioned length/width wise for it to achieve that look, but it is up there as one of my favorites that I'll save for future reference.

Congrats on your new stone/ring!

valeria101

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
----------------
On 1/29/2004 10:06:54 PM Demelza wrote:

Hi all,

Here's the design I think I'm going to go with. What do you all think? ----------------

In all sincerity, I strongly prefer the first E-W model. It is less common and has about a tone more of personality. If E-W is bound to become N-S, I wish the center stone was closer in length with the side baguettes and set at the same height, something like this sapphire below. Of course, all these are a matter of taste. Technically, what I want is harder to achieve, since the setting has to be made around the stones, unlike the model with prongs for the center stone which can be produced to fit many sizes of center stones, as far as one can tell from the picture (which does not reveal all that much). It is this technicality that put those uncomfortable "high" settings on the market, and I would rather have naught to deal with them.

Demelza

Ideal_Rock
What do you think of these proportions? FYI: All of the diamonds are upside down so that the picture could be taken.

Image003.jpg

caratgirl

Brilliant_Rock
They seem to be larger in proportion than the setting that you posted above. Is that the look you were aiming for? Will they all fit on the size ring that you are getting made?
10.gif

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results