shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for Jeff White Stone

Fuzzy25

Rough_Rock
I'm currently working with Jeff on cutting me a cushion yellow chrysoberyl (with no green undertones) or sapphire for an engagement ring (pictures of the cut attached below - but in yellow).

Since I'm a recent graduate school grad, money is a bit tight at the moment and my gf and I opted for a colored stone over a diamond. However, we both love the GOG August Vintage Cushions! As a gift in the future, I'd like to be able to give her one of these diamonds and turn the gemstone into a nice pendant for a necklace.

So, my question is regarding the setting. After spending WAY too much time researching rings, the Tacori 2620 keeps coming back to the top of the list. The delicate halo, detailing on the basket and antique-y feel are exactly what I'm looking for. Ideally, I'd buy the Tacori now, set the gem and later upgrade to the AVC. I have only seen one gemstone set in a 2620 (the sapphire attached below). Does anyone know Tacori's policy on setting gemstones (I emailed them several weeks ago but have yet to get a response)? Or has anyone set a gemstone in a Tacori?

Thoughts on the look of setting a yellow gem for an engagement ring in general; in the Tacori specifically?

The Tacori 2620 RD SM will accommodate round diamonds in the 0.9 - 1.18 carat range. This is roughly 6.3 - 6.8 mm. As long as both stones are within that range, the ring should be able to hold the gemstone then be reset to hold the diamond, yeah?

If anyone has experience with setting gemstones or having gemstones set, please chime in. Just want to make sure I don't overlook anything.

Tacori 2620 Sapphire (3).jpg

Tacori 2620 Sapphire (2).jpg

Jeff White Cushion.JPG

Cushion Cut.jpg

luv2sparkle

Ideal_Rock
Premium
I don't really have any advice but just wanted to say that that will make a beautiful engagement ring. I love the look of a
yellow sapphire and think it will be stunning. I have talked with a couple Tacori reps when I was researching my own ring
and found them to be very helpful. In your case, I would find a dealer that you can work with, that is an authorized Tacori dealer
and they can put you in touch with a rep.

You probably know all of this already. In which case, let me just say again, it will be gorgeous, and your plan for the future sounds
great.

Gempassion

Shiny_Rock
Hi Fuzzy25,

I have emailed Arthur's Jewelers about it last year and they said that "yes" it is possible to have a CS set into a tacori setting. If you want to deal with an online retailer. I'd say give arthur's a chance. They were very nice. I decided not to go with a tacori at this time though since I'm a postgrad.

I think a chrysoberyl would look gorgeous in a tacori setting.

http://www.arthursjewelers.com/

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results