shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for Emerald

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

curlygrlnyc

Rough_Rock
Hi All- been browsing these forums for weeks and finally!! ready to post. I think I''ve narrowed it down to an Emerald, around 1.5-2Ct. Thinking about Split-Claw setting with tapered baguettes in platinum. Does anyone have a pic of something like this or similar to post? I''m really looking for something simple in platinum, so any pics would be greatly appreciated!

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
Obviously some of the stones are huge...but you'll get some great ideas. I think any quality custom designer jeweler could do this type of work, but Leons stuff is pretty amazing.

I prefer ring #1, and ring #4. Ring #1 is a 2 carat stone.

r841_004Ww.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
another

r783_004Ww.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
another

r561-50W.jpg

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
another.

11a000-07W.jpg

golden

Shiny_Rock
I want an emerald cut with baguettes or bullets as side stones (from Leon!)....here are 2 gorgeous ones I love....

Fran Fine''s Mine...

snapdragon''s mangled Leon Mege e-ring

NYCsparkle

Brilliant_Rock
i love #1
30.gif
30.gif
30.gif
. so elegant.

Moosejaw

Shiny_Rock
Premium
I agree...#1 is a beauty. When my wife and I got engaged I didn't want to spend so much, and I regret it now. However, I try to make it up with other gifts. We will get something like that in 10 years or so.

I hope the photos help with ideas. Are you in NY? You could easily set up an appointment with Leon...There are other quality jewelers that I love on the board, but all seem reasonable in price. The other thing is you will pay tax in NY if you buy the stone and setting there...which I hate. If you plan on getting a nice 2 carat stone with a similar setting youd probably be looking in the 35k range is my guess. So you could save close to 3k or more.

curlygrlnyc

Rough_Rock
Thanks! #2 is just spectacular. Thats pretty much what I had in mind. So now I know what a 7.47ct Emerald looks like!

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
Date: 3/22/2007 12:14:23 PM
Author: Moosejaw
Obviously some of the stones are huge...but you''ll get some great ideas. I think any quality custom designer jeweler could do this type of work, but Leons stuff is pretty amazing.

I prefer ring #1, and ring #4. Ring #1 is a 2 carat stone.
#3 isn''t an emerald cut I don''t think - I think diagem referred to stones like that as large baguettes LOL

Cehrabehra

Super_Ideal_Rock
I like #4 the best - I love how the windmills and the end facet all kinda look the same width... though I like it when they''re smaller too... but for a really long stone it looks good like this I think :)

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results