shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for a large stone

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
diamondseeker2006|1305423268|2922041 said:
Now the rings with the Legacy band. I have been wearing them without the plain band in between, but I am trying to decide if I have enough room to wear all three!

Of course you have room to wear all three...they are LOVELY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! :D :love: :love:

But I understand needing to lighten the load on the fingers. Some days, I just don't want to wear anything on my finger other than my plain yellow band...which is more and more often lately.

Congratulations on your growing family! My grandson is 2 1/2...and he is a great joy to me!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ah yes, the substance of things hoped for, and the evidence of things not seen! :)) I figured you must have a grandchild due to your "name" here! I look forward to the arrival of our little one!

Well, we have several things in common, and a preference for traditional, timeless jewelry is one of them! I need to go check the other forum to see if you posted over there! I love the sapphire and diamond band! Sapphires are my favorite colored stone and I am sort of looking for one at the moment! The other rings are beautiful, too! I think that Memoire band looks larger than 1 ct. Are you sure that is the size?

Owies Nana

Shiny_Rock
DS, my own Memoire eternity band is bigger than one carat. It has 16 .20 pointers to remind me of our first date (I was 16) and my first diamond, the 20 pointer with which he proposed on my 18th birthday. How's that for sentiment? :) My husband purchased the three stone ring for our 20th anniversary: I purchased the Memoire band to go with it. It cost me everything I had at the time...how's that for an appropriate metaphor? :roll: :roll:

I think I understand the confusion. The yellow gold Memoire band in the picture I posted with the 3.35 stone belonged to the store. Earlier in my shopping, I wanted to see what my original band would look like with a bigger stone and my eternity band, but had forgotten to wear my own eternity that day. Originally, I thought the store's Memoire was a one carat ring, and it may have had 5 20 pointers, but the more I think about it, I think it was a full eternity in yellow gold...but I might be remembering incorrectly. I guess I would have to scrutinize the photo more closely, and as I mentioned to Yssie in another thread, I can't see anything up close any more...and I can't remember everything either! :cheeky:

You and I do have many things in common, and it is always good to find other like-minded souls, especially ones who share values, sentiment...and a love of well cut diamonds. :D I am having server issues with my blackberry email :nono: , but will post the photos of my current collection of rings with some descriptors as soon as I can in SMTB. :love: :

roppongi

Shiny_Rock
Owies Nana...I love this thread and will be following it closely. Your stone is a firecracker, the numbers look great and I love the clarity of the VS2.

I am also in the process of upgrading my 3-stone center to a 4 carat solitaire and have been pouring through all of the sites looking for the perfect one. Erica Grace has a setting for a pair of earrings, that I think is very pretty...it's 6 prongs, set low and is shaped like a buttercup, I think it would make a gorgeous ring. Steve Kirsch, Leon Mege, and Mark Morrell are the other 3 that I have been looking at. As this will most likely be my last upgrade, I want the setting to be timeless.

Have fun and enjoy the process!

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
I love the story behind your anniversary ring and Memoire band! You have been together a long time! We met at 19 in college and got married at 21. I would love to see more pictures of the Memoire band and your other rings! I went to look at the Memoire bands a month or so ago because I was considering upgrading mine, but ended up buying an Ebel watch instead because they were on a great sale that I couldn't resist! I'll probably either do a sapphire ring or the eternity ring (or 5 stone) for our anniversary later in the year, though.

Oh, and when I was looking last night to see if you had posted pictures on Show Me the Bling, I saw that you had posted last year when you were searching for diamond studs. I'd be interested to know what you chose!

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results