shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting for a 2 CT loose diamond

mpbbmp

Rough_Rock
Hello,

I just got a 2 CT round brilliant loose lab diamond from LightBox and I would like to have it set to create an engagement ring. I am not looking for anything elaborate, and I do not want to spend a lot on a custom setting. I am just looking for a simple solitaire yellow gold 4 prong (with platinum prongs if possible) low profile setting and a lab diamond micropave (half eternity) wedding band to go with it (inspiration pictures attached). I have no idea where to start.
Do I just buy a setting online and then bring it to the local jeweler to set the diamond?
Could you please recommend your favorite online retailers or jewelers where I can order just the setting and / or which will set a diamond not sourced from them. I live in Orange County (SoCal), if anyone can recommend a local jeweler, I would appreciate. Thank you!

P.S. I am quite new at this, so please forgive if this has been discussed many times already, I have tried searching but wasn't able to find the answer.

6 True Gem Elle Solitaire.jpg

1 YG solitaire.jpg 2 hidden halo 2.jpg 3 cathedral.jpg 4 paired with micropave.jpg 5 BE Petite Tapered Trellis.JPG

blingmeupscotty

Brilliant_Rock
Trade

Just take the center out

mpbbmp

Rough_Rock
Thank you for an idea. I never thought to take center out. I am looking for something of higher quality though, 14K or 18K yellow gold and lab diamonds.

mrsctobe

Shiny_Rock
I like James Allen, they sell several 18k settings for less, and you can ship them your stone insured ($30) and they'll set it for you for a fee. Not all settings can be bought without buying a stone tho so just try adding it to your cart.

maisie2

Shiny_Rock
I actually bought my setting from Diamond Rensu. It’s pretty intricate - 14K Rose Gold with a diamond halo. I sent them my diamond’s report so they could see the dimensions and they made the setting for me for less than $1,000. (Edit - actually less than $750)

Then I took the diamond and the setting to a local jeweler. They charged me around $200 as a setting fee, which I felt was fair. I’m super happy with it, and even happier with the cost!

tyty333

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
You can check out stuller settings and find a jeweler that has access to them. Most jewelers do (I believe).

Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results