shape
carat
color
clarity

Setting:Double Halo Spaced & Round in Squarish Shape

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Okay now that I found my diamond I need to do a setting.
18.gif
The diamond is a Round Brillant 2.3 carats.
30.gif
I would like to do a Double Halo Spaced and have the Round set ina squarish setting.
31.gif
Is this too ambitious for a setting to do both?
33.gif
I have searched the forum but I have not found any pictures of double halo''s that are spaced. So if you would be so kind to post pictures I would be forever grateful. I know there are pictures on here of Rounds set in a square but I need your opinnion of which ones look the best. I really do not like empty corners.

smaller of close up setting.jpg

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
No one has any advice?

mrssalvo

Super_Ideal_Rock
personally, i think the double halo would be too much on a 2.3 carat round. I honestly haven''t seen that many to even give you some other idea''s. i would just suggest checking out www.artofplatinum.com and maybe pearlmans, check out Durnell and Michael b. DeeJay has a round in a square halo and they were able to lower the stone to make the corner gaps very small, but they are there. if you don''t want any gap, you''ll have to prong set your stone so you don''t see it or do a round bezel halo.

decodelighted

Super_Ideal_Rock
Not many responses? Can only speak for myself but ... I think what you''re looking for sounds way OverTheTop. Too Much. Would probably have to be custom made because not many designers would design *that* on their own. (IMHO)

A 2.3 carat diamond is stunning on its own. It does not need the kitchen sink of pave thrown at it to be special. **shrug**

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 1:24:34 PM
Author: mrssalvo
personally, i think the double halo would be too much on a 2.3 carat round. I honestly haven''t seen that many to even give you some other idea''s. i would just suggest checking out www.artofplatinum.com and maybe pearlmans, check out Durnell and Michael b. DeeJay has a round in a square halo and they were able to lower the stone to make the corner gaps very small, but they are there. if you don''t want any gap, you''ll have to prong set your stone so you don''t see it or do a round bezel halo.
Thank you so much
36.gif
for listing all the website I am going to look
23.gif
at them immediately. I am not 100% sold on the double halo for my stone but when I saw the setting above my heart dropped
30.gif
. I do agree that it could be very much and I have to be careful not to go over the top.
33.gif

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/7/2008 1:34:20 PM
Author: decodelighted
Not many responses? Can only speak for myself but ... I think what you''re looking for sounds way OverTheTop. Too Much. Would probably have to be custom made because not many designers would design *that* on their own. (IMHO)

A 2.3 carat diamond is stunning on its own. It does not need the kitchen sink of pave thrown at it to be special. **shrug**
Thank you for taking the time out to repsond to my post. I do agree that it could be the kitchen sink at the dimaond but when I saw the setting my heart dropped.

Addlepated

Shiny_Rock
Maybe there''s a way to get the elements of the setting you like without having it appear too much. I agree with the other posters that having such a large center stone in a double halo with an airline would take it over the top. What if you used a smaller center stone, or maybe used just one halo with enough of an airline to give you a similar feel without such a huge ring?

kcoursolle

Super_Ideal_Rock
I have to agree with the others that a double halo is a bit overkill for an already large stone. If your finger size is big, like over size 8 than you could get away with it. Otherwise I would stick with a single halo.

I saw this squarish halo and thought it would look lovely on a 2 carat stone: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=1282&action=show_detail

diamondseeker2006

Super_Ideal_Rock
Premium
Ditto to 2 halo''s being too much. In addition, to be very honest, I think that double halo looks like a cocktail ring and not an engagement ring. A single halo would be beautiful and large but not over the top.

sera

Ideal_Rock
I second that ditto on a second halo. It would be HUGE and more cocktailish. There are many single halo rings around right now... the square halo for a round that kc posted is a nice option. There have also been recent threads about rounds in square halos.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 4:19:11 PM
Author: kcoursolle
I have to agree with the others that a double halo is a bit overkill for an already large stone. If your finger size is big, like over size 8 than you could get away with it. Otherwise I would stick with a single halo.

I saw this squarish halo and thought it would look lovely on a 2 carat stone: http://www.knoxjewelers.biz/index.htm?crn=266&rn=1282&action=show_detail
My ring size is about a 5 1/4 and my hands are on the smaller size.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 4:29:22 PM
Author: diamondseeker2006
Ditto to 2 halo''s being too much. In addition, to be very honest, I think that double halo looks like a cocktail ring and not an engagement ring. A single halo would be beautiful and large but not over the top.
This is exactly what my mother said that it would look like a cocktail ring not an engagement ring. Since I ran out of time and couldn''t make a decision I am taking the center stone is a simple Tiffany setting back to Greece. Hopefully by the time I come back to New York in July I will have a better idea of a setting. I did however truly fall in love with the double halo.

Jenna51580gr

Shiny_Rock
Date: 2/9/2008 7:22:43 PM
Author: sera
I second that ditto on a second halo. It would be HUGE and more cocktailish. There are many single halo rings around right now... the square halo for a round that kc posted is a nice option. There have also been recent threads about rounds in square halos.
I am going to do a search for rounds in a square halo. I kind of like the idea that the ring will be in a cocktailish since it would be a little different from what everyone has.

webz

Rough_Rock
I have to say, the setting in the image that you posted is HOT!
It would be even more amazing with a Round Brilliant center stone.
I don't think your stone is too big at all but would set off that design beautifully.

I just finished a split shank pave halo with a much larger 5+ carat Round Brilliant.

Status
Not open for further replies. Please create a new topic or request for this thread to be opened.
Be a part of the community Get 3 HCA Results